Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Mafia: The Untouchables Town wins

Comments

• You guys are total idiots if ou think masons coming out is a bad play.

Its the right play it takes days to kill us all off, which gives cops etc time to find the right people or shoot into the nonconfirmed. I honestly would shoot sb if I had a gun honestly
  • My team is Kloudi, Kenshin, Mages and Damdred as masons.

I'm sorry for outing guys, SB is mafia and the cop has to kill him
    I'm not mafia, and sorry for doing this to you Damdred. Read my post closely, I decided it would be best for town if we forced out the masons and I created a situation which would do it.

I'm a Vanilla Town. I'm not mafia, nor mason

You aren't just doing it to him, you did it to everyone. We should have continued to discuss instead of you making the call.

Relying on others in WW game hasn't suited me well in the past. I'm taking action now b/c I believe my judgement is better than the town as a whole right now.

Call me arrogant and conceited and whatever else you want, but I truly believe I made the right call by forcing the masons out.
  • sb seems to me as a bad guy using reverse psychology, i see in no way how it could benefit masons by showing who they are. if one of them were say getting lynched with the votes, maybe then it would save a day for that when everyone who is a part of the masons verify such and such as mason, but now its a wasted effort and now mafia know who to go for
  • I agree with sb and I doubt he is mafia. A mafia wouldn't have painted such a target on his back by claiming mason like that, but who knows I could be wrong.
  • I hope to god mafia does waste time killing the masons honestly myself included.

But your play was super anti-town sb I hope you realize that and in any real mafia site you would be insta lynched or vig'd
  • sb is claiming mason either to troll or to point out who else is mason, i skipped a couple and wanted to see if i can hook and sink with the same scenario just because it would be funny if I could, but now I see what sb did lol
  • I disagree with coming out already but since damdred took it upon himself to decide, yes I am a mason
  • That said if I have to die to give the town a better chance at winning so be it. I'm not mafia, I'm Vanilla Town. I intentionally lied about being a mason in an attempt to force all of the masons out, and it worked...assuming Damdred isn't lying (I don't think he is.)

Take into consideration my previous play. This isn't the move I would make as mafia, it's too risky. Why would I risk this much on day 1? Mafia don't fake claim as masons, b/c it's insta death once they're discovered. I am able to take this risk because I'm a Vanilla Town.
  • Well let's do it then, no use squabbling. It's out.

Confirmed town:
    -
    Kloudi
    Kenshin
    Mages
    Damdred

Everyone else:
    -
    Tmonsta
    Tyrsis
    Shining
    Sky Dragon
    Unreliable
    Walls of flamers
    Corynewb
    Rsoultin
    Gl0stix
    Silent Buttfly
    Behold your king
    Zeality
    Rockz
    Darubian
    Flazer
    Meadowswillyoumarryme
    Tormented
    Loafery
    Phantom
  • if mafia doesnt go for masons, it would hurt them, if mafia does, it would benefit them
  • I hope to god mafia does waste time killing the masons honestly myself included.

But your play was super anti-town sb I hope you realize that and in any real mafia site you would be insta lynched or vig'd
    On any real mafia site though I could count on the players being more reliable. I can't count on that here.

With the masons out, the good guys have a better shot at winning in my opinion so I took it. You can see my thought process evolve through the thread. At first I thought masons should stay hidden, but the more I thought about it the more I think it'll force a bad situation for mafia: Shoot the masons and it provides a shield for our other good guys. Leave the masons in tact, and you have 4 good guys working together as a voting bloc. It also lets the seer avoid the masons.

Think about it Damdred, is this really anti-town?
  • Though I realize I might've just turned your entire team into a giant sacrifice. I risk myself as well by doing this. But our goal should be for the team victory. If the team wins, we win.

Surely you can see my logic here
  • It's Anti-Town in that you are forcing your power roles to claim, while i'm bus trying to force them to claim in private. Its anti-town in that you claimed and unclaimed when it became untenable, and made my group mad at me mages will probably yell at me when he gets on.

Of course its the right play to reveal and narrow the hit radius for the untouchables its 100% the right play. You went blue hunting though and that is anti-town
  • I know, it was rather rude of me to force things like this. And I am sorry.

But I stand by my choice.
  • whether you agree with sb's actions or not I believe revealing was the right play in the long run.
  • Just so everybody is clear who might be skimming the thread:

I fake claimed Mason. I am not mason I am Vanilla town. Koludi, Kenshin, Damdred, and Mages are all good guys.
  • In every way if the bad guys go for the masons first its only going to be bad
    No offense, Flaze, but the discussion is pointless now.
  • my reasoning for this is if I was mafia, I would want as much confusion as possible among the good guys. This greatly reduces confusion for the cop/untouchables. They now know 7 good roles for certain, with probably a good idea at at least a couple more. That puts their shot at closer to 40% chance night one.
  • Logically it should have been like this

1 mason reveals.

the other 3 masons hide, because he knows he is mason, if another person claims mason that isn't a mason, they are obviously evil.
    and this way the 1 mason can choose to pick a target, and then if he picks someone that isnt good, we just kill it anyways, to narrow down the possibility. etc.

and obviously if u logic this way out, u will understand, but I wont bother explaining out this scenario because it is already broken.

Basically what we have is, 2 nights of safety. sadly. the masons have outted themselves stupidly. so now we have 2 nights where the mafia basically have to kill off masons.

now the good thing about having a team of people that know identities is, IF BY ANY CHANCE THE TOWNSPEOPLE ACCIDENTALLY VOTE ON ONE OF THEM, someone can come in and say 'don't kill my identity is 'blabla' and obviously, it can be verified. by silence, if no one counter claims, u just dont kill, essentially it gave everyone that HAD A GROUP.

aka. the masons and the other seer group (forgot their names) 2 lives during voting.
    now the masons have revealed themselves, and now they have thrown away their double life.

basically what should have happened is, 1 person votes and as long as nobody counter argues, we kill it, because we know it will fall into the group of 16, 11 villagers and 5 mafia. thus narrowing that group down to 15.
    and the seer only has to scout out that 15. and so forth.

SB claiming to be a mason while not really being a mason, pretty much means he is evil.
  • Half the players haven't even spoken yet. Hearing more opinions on the matter before coming out could have given way more Intel
    Bad for who? If they pick off the masons, our seer is protected for a few nights. Not to mention if they want to kill off the masons quickly, they'll have to use capones 2 kills.

This really protects either our power roles, or our masons. It improves the effectiveness of our vigi and seer because there are now 4 good guys they won't target.

And hopefully its obvious I am Vanilla Town, knocking a 5th guy off of their targets list.
  • It's even worse to claim VT if you don't have powers, makes it even easier for the mafia to shoot the roles. Then again you could be being tricky. ;)
  • Logically it should have been like this

1 mason reveals.

the other 3 masons hide, because he knows he is mason, if another person claims mason that isn't a mason, they are obviously evil.
    and this way the 1 mason can choose to pick a target, and then if he picks someone that isnt good, we just kill it anyways, to narrow down the possibility. etc.

and obviously if u logic this way out, u will understand, but I wont bother explaining out this scenario because it is already broken.

Basically what we have is, 2 nights of safety. sadly. the masons have outted themselves stupidly. so now we have 2 nights where the mafia basically have to kill off masons.

now the good thing about having a team of people that know identities is, IF BY ANY CHANCE THE TOWNSPEOPLE ACCIDENTALLY VOTE ON ONE OF THEM, someone can come in and say 'don't kill my identity is 'blabla' and obviously, it can be verified. by silence, if no one counter claims, u just dont kill, essentially it gave everyone that HAD A GROUP.

aka. the masons and the other seer group (forgot their names) 2 lives during voting.
    now the masons have revealed themselves, and now they have thrown away their double life.

basically what should have happened is, 1 person votes and as long as nobody counter argues, we kill it, because we know it will fall into the group of 16, 11 villagers and 5 mafia. thus narrowing that group down to 15.
    and the seer only has to scout out that 15. and so forth.

SB claiming to be a mason while not really being a mason, pretty much means he is evil.
    That said if I have to die to give the town a better chance at winning so be it. I'm not mafia, I'm Vanilla Town. I intentionally lied about being a mason in an attempt to force all of the masons out, and it worked...assuming Damdred isn't lying (I don't think he is.)

Take into consideration my previous play. This isn't the move I would make as mafia, it's too risky. Why would I risk this much on day 1? Mafia don't fake claim as masons, b/c it's insta death once they're discovered. I am able to take this risk because I'm a Vanilla Town.
  • edited November 2014
    Just so everybody is clear who might be skimming the thread:

I fake claimed Mason. I am not mason I am Vanilla town. Koludi, Kenshin, Damdred, and Mages are all good guys.

fake claiming mason is retarded

all u did was make the other masons claim themselves outright to prove u wrong (because the masons are stupid)

so either u are doing this as mafia, in which case, kudos to u, because u probably helped ur mafia group a ton by revealing all the masons instantly. OR u are good, and just being incredibly stupid. Which if thats the case, that's pretty sad with ur claim of playing Werewolf a lot and being "REALLY GOOD AT THIS GAME".

but in terms of what u did, more than likely u are evil.
  • Walls you can't lynch someone day zero
  • No matter what you guys say Masons outing is 100% the right play, in any circumstance with masons. You guys are still to caught up on power roles and usefulness .

SB is right in that mafia don't fake claim masons its the worst play ever, especially now he is a good shot for a cop which i'm nto sure i would take anymore
  • I should have been the only mason to reveal. I'm still new to ww. If I died, no big loss and we'd have validated the other masons
  • Just so everybody is clear who might be skimming the thread:

fake claiming mason is retarded

all u did was make the other masons claim themselves outright to prove u wrong (because the masons are stupid)

so either u are doing this as mafia, in which case, kudos to u, because u probably helped ur mafia group a ton by revealing all the masons instantly.

but in terms of what u did, more than likely u are evil.
    lynch
    #silentbutterfly
    I just improved the chances of the good guys to hit mafia. The good guys have a less chance now of hitting other good guys. This is a good thing.

Not to mention your double life scenario is seriously flawed. It might save us from lynching a good person once, but then the mafia can just kill during the night. While we wait for them to come up as lynch though, the good guys have 4 additional people they had to investigate. We reduce the effectiveness of our power roles by keeping the masons a secret.
  • I should have been the only mason to reveal. I'm still new to ww. If I died, no big loss and we'd have validated the other masons
    I don't like this for the exact opposite of walls reasoning. Whats the point of just one mason outing? The mafia are not going to be dumb enough to claim mason, knowing that they would be immediately targeted and then they would just kill you anyway. This way at least it narrows down the untouchables and the cops range of fire.