Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Mafia: The Untouchables Town wins

edited November 2014 in General
Its Chicago, 1931, and the Mob has been running the city during prohibition.
Eliot Ness plans to change that, and armed with his group of Untouchables, he just might have a chance!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
The Roles
Town (6/11)- Pretty Straight forward, i think.
Chicago Police Dept (3/4) - pretty much worthless against the mob, but they know who eachother are (masons)
Eliot Ness (1/1) - the master detective, sworn to bring down Al Capone whatever the cost. once per night he can investigate somebody to see their role (seer). knows The Untouchables
The Untouchables (1/2) - the small but elite crime fighting team, once per night they may CHOOSE to kill one player (vigilante). knows Eliot Ness

The Mafia (2/4)- may CHOOSE to kill 1 player per night. knows Al Capone
Al Capone (0/1) - twice per game, Al may make a kill separate of the Mafia. Knows the Mafia.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
The Rules:

Chief of Police: every day the town may elect a chief of police, who can block one player's action that night. if he blocks a mafia or untouchable, their kill chance is decreased by an amount equal to the remaining members against the total number of members (if there are 3 mafia, and you block one, mafia has a 2/3 chance of getting their kill)

to vote for a chief of police, the format is simply *(name), for example *Azahasahugecock would be one vote for azahasahugecock to be mayor. if you change your vote, go back to the post of your previous vote and take the star away, if you do not, and you have multiple votes, your vote will not count that day, and you will be given a darwin award.

3 darwin awards and you get mod killed

to vote for lynch all you have to do is # and the name, so it will be #meadowswillyoumarryme would be a vote for meadowswillyoumarryme for lynch

the seer role will not be given their finding until after the night has resolved, because i dont like how that played out

we will actually be starting on Day 0, where you will ONLY choose a Chief of Police.

the game starts soon, roles are going to be going out now

Comments

• There's going to be a whole lot of dead people.
  • all roles have been handed out

role claiming is allowed
    messaging players is not allowed unless you are in a role that allows it

DAY 0 BEGINS
  • Can the chief of police be killed at night?
  • So basically you don't want to be chief of police because the mafia will just kill you.

Got it.
  • Tyrsis for Police Chief
  • edited November 2014
    Changed
  • btw, could we get a list of players please?
  • remember, faulty voting can get you killed

list forthcoming
  • edited November 2014
    Tmonsta
    Tyrsis - killed by Untouchables, night 4
    Mages
    Shining - Mafia, killed in lynch day2
    Sky Dragon
    Kenshin
    Unreliable - town, killed by mafia, night 3
    Walls of flamers
    Corynewb
    Rsoultin - untouchable, killed by mafia night1
    Gl0stix - untouchable, killed by Al Capone night 2
    Silent Buttfly
    Behold your king
    Zeality - town, killed by untouchables night1
    Rockz
    Darubian - Mafia, killed by untouchables night 2
    Kloudi
    Flazer - town, killed by Mafia, night 2
    Meadowswillyoumarryme
    Tormented
    Loafery - Al Capone, lynched day 3
    Phantom
    Damdred - mason, killed by al capone night1
  • I hate unorganized lists. :(
  • Rule clarification time:

Darwin awards are only given out for faulty voting? Or for not voting as well? And is that just for the Police Chief or both Police Chief and lynch?
  • edited November 2014
    Tyrsis
  • I VOLUNTEER AS TRIBUTE!
  • not voting is acceptable, messing up your lynch and PC votes is what gets you a Darwin award
  • I VOLUNTEER AS TRIBUTE!
    *Tyrsis
  • That list is blowing my mind. Can it be alphabetical haha
  • so..basically lynching is probably a bad idea and we should hope ness finds mafia and then the untouchables kill them. lol Also, aza, what is your rule on voting ties?
  • *Unreliable for police chief, because i like the attention i'll get

This means i'm either nonrole town or mafia.
    Since there is bigger chance i'd get spied upon the night, chances are i'm just regular town.
  • edited November 2014
    If not voting is acceptable, I am 100% OK with not killing somebody day 1.

Tyrsis, for being so gracious to step forward to take down the mob for us

Edited vote
  • Tyrsis, understand that getting killed at night wont stop you from blocking the action.
  • ties are a wash, and no PC or lynch happen
  • I'm gunna pew pew all over those mafia!
  • edited November 2014
    edit nvm
  • *Tyrsis

Thanks for volunteering.
  • No lynched are horrible for a few reasons, even d1 lynched are totally horrible.

1) we gain no new information from no lynched. The scummy people will continue to be scummy and mafia won't shoot them so we are still stuck on the same group of people every time.

2) Voting patterns cannot emerge, any mafia can hide in a no vote or no lynch scenerio it is much easier finding them in when they must play.

I know it sucks getting lynched d1 or beyond bit we should lynch every opportunity
  • and chance killing ness? That would pretty much end the game for the good guys.
  • and chance killing ness? That would pretty much end the game for the good guys.
    I'm about to make a big post, but this his horribly dumb logic. We don't need ness to win the game. Stop playing crutch WW. You can win without seer roles.

That being said I agree with a no lynch vote, but your idea of "we might kill ness so we shouldn't kill" is moronic.