Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2012 Olympics in London

Comments

• yeah i agree zeal. but as for medal count... track and feild starts monday... no one will touch the states then lol
  • Usain motherfuckin bolt
  • this is also very true even though he was dqd from the 100m. also, im watching badminton... they keep showing shots of the lee badminton center in markham... its literally all asians and one white girl lol. i wonder why china and korea always win at this shit
  • The US has taken the lead on medal count.
  • edited August 2012
    it's not really an honorable thing to do but still... what they did was strategy. They basically found a loophole of the Olympics and tried to exploit it to their advantage (you play SK, you should know that ppl do this all the time LOL). The knockout rounds were seeded in a bad way, they used strategy to try to take advantage of that.
    It's really horrible how players play certain rounds to lose on purpose now... really destroys the seriousness of the Olympics. But kicking out and ending the career of past gold medalists for using strategy in avoiding knocking out their own country-mates is a bit too much
  • edited August 2012
    it's not really an honorable thing to do but still... what they did was strategy. They basically found a loophole of the Olympics and tried to exploit it to their advantage (you play SK, you should know that ppl do this all the time LOL). The knockout rounds were seeded in a bad way, they used strategy to try to take advantage of that.
    It's really horrible how players play certain rounds to lose on purpose now... really destroys the seriousness of the Olympics. But kicking out and ending the career of past gold medalists for using strategy in avoiding knocking out their own country-mates is a bit too much
    Im a badminton player and I was totally raged to see the shit that went on, couldn't believe it. I just wouldn't have expected to see professional players behaving in such a disrespectful and cowardly manner at such a prestigious tournament, and even worse, they genuinely thought they could get away with it! glad to see them disqualified and integrity return to the tournament.

also, on a side note, GBs charge up the medal table seems to be taking shape, about time
    I play tennis on a club level. If there was a round robin system (which there never is cos its stupid), if I had won a match and would play the top player or lost the match and played a weaker player...I know deep down I wouldnt give it my all...why would you. Its common sense.
  • edited August 2012

see im going to have to disagree with you there. what happened wasn't enough in my point of view, they should dq'd them and penalized them for the coming season. what they did wasn't strat, it was throwing a game, or fixing the results. in some sports your bared for life when you do that. just think if the American basketball team was shaving points to play an easier team later on.
  • it's not really an honorable thing to do but still... what they did was strategy. They basically found a loophole of the Olympics and tried to exploit it to their advantage (you play SK, you should know that ppl do this all the time LOL). The knockout rounds were seeded in a bad way, they used strategy to try to take advantage of that.

see im going to have to disagree with you there. what happened wasn't enough in my point of view, they should dq'd them and penalized them for the coming season. what they did wasn't strat, it was throwing a game, or fixing the results. in some sports your bared for life when you do that. just think if the American basketball team was shaving points to play an easier team later on.
    You only get barred and banned for fixing results if bets are involved. This had nothing to do with bets, this was simply not bothering to win so that winning a gold medal becomes easier. Theres nothing wrong with that. In swimming, no one tries their hardest in heats, why would you. You'd end up tiring yourself out. You dont' run like the wind in the 100m, you dont need to. This is the same here. Its not like they even damaged/hurt anyone. Both teams were through, its not like one of the teams wasn't through and the other team which was worked together to get eachother into the next round.
  • yea really no one really got a disadvantage in this scenario, its different from fixing results. being a successful athlete also means that you must know when to use your energy to the maximum and when you shouldn't.
  • But they were throwing the games, not using less energy
  • But they were throwing the games, not using less energy
    Cos it was a pointless match. Both were through. Neither team needed to bother winning it. In football, you'd see reserve/youth players being used.
  • CANADA WINS GOLD!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • US and China are so close in score lol
    could really make a good bet
  • edited August 2012
    US and China are so close in score lol
    could really make a good bet
    Silly comment. Its going to be US as usual as they dope (and bribe) their way to golds.
  • China is in the lead in medals count, actually. The US is in 2nd.
  • China is in the lead in medals count, actually. The US is in 2nd.
    For a second i doubted myself...but then i checked...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/olympics/2012/medals/countries

We 1 medal behind. Catching up actually but US has overtaken in terms of gold. Damn Phelps and his steroids.
  • Man how the fuck did Great Britain get in third! O.o!
    Australia has let down the whole country in the pool far as I'm concern they can swim home maybe then they will get better -.-
  • Man how the fuck did Great Britain get in third! O.o!
    Australia has let down the whole country in the pool far as I'm concern they can swim home maybe then they will get better -.-
    yea I know UK shot up the scores all of the sudden
    they got most of their medals on the sports that not much ppl care about though like cycling and rowing/canoeing
    but then again, the US got 16/26 of their gold medals so far from swimming lol
  • edited August 2012
    That is how we used to get our medals we were invincible in te pool now we suck -.- we can't seem to et the medal that count like who cares about silver and bronze you might as well come last
  • That is how we used to get our medals we were invincible in te pool now we suck -.- we can't seem to et the medal that count like who cares about silver and bronze you might as well come last
    Thing is 3 countries who are always near the top have failed badly.

Russia - 28 medals..a mere 3 gold
    Japan - 24 medals...shocking 2 gold
    Australia - 20 medals....even more shocking 1 gold.

Based on golds, all the 3 countries are being trumped by North Korea.
  • if i was in anyway patriotic i would be in here mouthing off about now. expecially to the aussies
  • Australia 3 - England 1

never forget
  • edited August 2012
    That is how we used to get our medals we were invincible in te pool now we suck -.- we can't seem to et the medal that count like who cares about silver and bronze you might as well come last

very fair assessment Lews
    In the news here the Sports Board are basically saying "Da Fuck Dude."
    Millions of dollars are pumped into sports institutes and with results like that its embarrassing. :/

never forget
    always remember you guys are our throwaways

• pospos
    edited August 2012

very fair assessment Lews
    In the news here the Sports Board are basically saying "Da Fuck Dude."
    Millions of dollars are pumped into sports institutes and with results like that its embarrassing. :/
    meh

it was brought up after the last olympics that uk have improved a shitload due to the amount of money they have been spending. their paralympic team receives the same amount of funding as our olympic team.

who gives a shit tbh, in b4 julia's new olympic tax

never forget

nah m8 im german

never forget

So your also saying England hired criminals to guard the criminals?
  • warnie is worth atleast 1 million uk cunts

never forget

So your also saying England hired criminals to guard the criminals?
    no im saying the only true aussies are abbos. The rest of you are just riff raff