Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hell In A Cell (Mayor Day)

1234568»

Comments

• brain short circuit from reading damdred's post
  • its a date, you bring your gal, i'll bring meadow's corpse
  • i'm suddenly going to bed right now :(
  • ##kill sb

Both gl0 and sb tend to go inactive pretty quick, but sb usually posts a block of text explaining ww basics and the"correct" strategy for the game before he disappears.
  • SB the Town person has died.

Mages, Kenshin, Ace, Shining, Darubian and Zeality is victorious.

I have some thoughts about the game but I need sleep before I disclose them.
  • I just realized Damdred picked the wrong ace
  • I'll go on and give my thoughts a bit.

Setup Thoughts- This kind of setup is ALWAYS going to be scum favored just because scum knows who they are and can coordinate who they want to vote when while town has to decide early on within 18 people who the most scummy of three people is. Town has to consolidate or give scum the real power in this situation which is extremely difficult especially early on to really overcome.

I ended up with odd number of people which gave us an uneven cell, which overall was ok. Besides that the scum team was a little stacked but I thought town could easily overcome it with good communication and actually caring. However this was hard to come by.

Rules- The rules were pretty self explanatory and idk why people got bent out of shape that every single detail wasn't posted, I made it quite clear that every day a cell would go up for lynch and then move on no night actions just the lynch. I received several complaints that the game was to confusing or silly and I don't think that its a fair assessment at all of what the game is.

This is an extreme example of mafia I will admit, however it is just an informed minority (6 players) that always scales with town against an uninformed majority. For example it starts out 12-6, the next day it will always be 10-5,8-4,6-3,4-2, 2-1 (if you had to go that long). No matter what scum would be outnumbered if town could figure out a way to communicate.

That was honestly the key communication which town somewhat refused to do.

Now for my thoughts about the days

Day 0- Or mayor day, this was probably one of the best days by town. It picked a towny mayor in loaf who obviously had a plan (slightly disagreed with the plan) and implemented the plan to towns pleasure.

I think the main reason that the plan failed was because putting inactive cells up first especially gives mafia a great opportunity to be just active enough to get a mislynch early and put extra pressure on town to not screw up again the next day and the next day.

I don' disagree with putting the more analytical cells at the back necessarily as I think its good to keep back people who see votes and can make connections between the scum team. I think for example I would of put Cell A up first for nomination, it has some of the strongest players in it however because of the uneven amount of people it needed two lynches to clear the docket, which would of given town two cracks to get one scum out early on and scum would of been harder pressed to hide their allegiance that way.

The days played out in a similar way all of the time early on, inactives were inactive and the people who were moderately active were almost never lynched.

Unreliable actually came up with a decent plan later which was to tie the votes see which way people pushed the votes and go from there. I actually applauded this. In theory this was an excellent plan in practice I dont' think this town had the patience to really try to see it work.

Overall I don't think that the scum team played well enough to sweep town, especially with the way Darubian just went silent on purpose to try to blend in to the other inactives. I thought he would be lynched in that situation, however town didn't recognize it and went about there own way.

Loafery, Unreliable played pretty well I must say my hats off to them.

TY for playing and hopefully next game will be better for town
  • SURPRISE ACE YOU WON BECAUSE PEOPLE HAVE SO MANY NAMES THAT ARE SIMILAR LOLOLOL
  • edited April 2015
    SURPRISE ACE YOU WON BECAUSE PEOPLE HAVE SO MANY NAMES THAT ARE SIMILAR LOLOLOL
    I lol'd

Good game damdred
  • #confusionforwins

It was a unique format I'll give you that
  • Well shit i thought all of them were town which meant they were active which meant my theory was right

fuck me
  • pretty nice game, different stuff...
  • how we didnt get that lynch on daru is beyond me. that was such an easy read. i would have never voted for mages though, given that he was willing to throw daru under the bus to assure a victory, very nice play
  • how we didnt get that lynch on daru is beyond me.
  • Sweet I win and was town :)

So I assume you meant aza though
  • no ace you were actually scum.....the scum pm went to the wrong Ace!

....so congratz?
  • Oh, cool. I managed to be scum and didn't even know it!
  • I actually liked this setup, although you really need a talkative player base for it to work well. It would be even better on tl.
  • lol i'll be honest damdy

i can try to get town to work together but my give a shit levels aren't terribly high this week anyway and herding cats is not my favorite thing to do regardless ;) i agree with ace that a setup like this is better for an active player base which sk is not

liked the concept though!

thanks for taking the lead loaf lol ><
  • @rsoul. your read was wrong,sweetie.
  • I told you guys zeal was scum
  • I told you guys zeal was scum
    #insidertrading
  • lol very :/ sorry phantom