Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hell In A Cell (Mayor Day)

Comments

• lol >< well that was great

so they actually do all get removed?

o.0 ooookay, gonna have to readjust here lol
  • They all die. No matter who you vote. It's just can we as town pick more mafia? Or can town force us to lynch our own?
  • So we don't find out who was mafia unless we lynch them? That's gonna make it tough to watch voting patterns when we don't know who voted for/against mafia. Even worse since half the cells have inactives.
  • lol yeah >< might have been better to start with the active cells, in all honesty

hindsight is 20/20

meh
  • The inactive cells will be hard. But there isn't any point voting for inactive unless all other options scream town
  • well...shining didn't vote for phantom, but we don't know if he voted for scum or not lol ><

rohan and tyrsis both are inactive?
  • Unfortunately. But Rohan voted me mayor early and Idk why. But it was a thing he did so for now

##Vote Tyrsis
  • ah, i didn't remember any of rohan's previous posts lol ^^

i'm down with this

##lynch tyrsis
  • ##vote shining
  • ##kill seth rogan
  • ##vote rogan

Haven't seen any valid reason to vote anyone in this cell. Shining has made some townish comments, and I still don't like killing inactives in this game, too much of a gamble. Rohan posted a few times, but same as yesterday, just seems a little less town too me. Heading to work, may change my vote if more people post their thoughts
  • Also, inactivity should have a bigger punishment with half the player base going inactive on the first day. Should have a 1-2 game ban for being mod killed in a game. Too many people sign up and never check the forums again.
  • Rohan is acting like typical rohan to me

## lynch shinning
  • lol so why are people lynching shining?
  • Rohan is acting like typical rohan to me

## lynch shinning
    I agree, but I think shining is acting pretty normal as well. I wouldn't scum read either of them in a normal game. I find it strange that neither have come on to defend themselves yet
  • Guys activity in this format doesnt necessarily mean town. Mafia have more of a motive to be more active and to look townie than a town who is going to die whatever happens so mafi have more motivation to post when they are on the chopping block. I see shining doing this and he wants the mafia team to win just like what phantom did last cell. It is far more likely and more rewarding for the mafia team to manipulate town and win rather than going afk and win.

Have faith in ur mayor i implore u citizens of sk.
  • Guys activity in this format doesnt necessarily mean town. Mafia have more of a motive to be more active and to look townie than a town who is going to die whatever happens so mafi have more motivation to post when they are on the chopping block. I see shining doing this and he wants the mafia team to win just like what phantom did last cell. It is far more likely and more rewarding for the mafia team to manipulate town and win rather than going afk and win.

lol dude, say something intelligent and i will. you had my vote, but this is shit reasoning

you're saying he's scum like phantom for doing what phantom did when she was town? what are you even smoking?

i don't really care if mafia "can" be active, too. that tells me why he may not be town, not why he's scum

do better
  • loaf is obviously mafia

lol dude, say something intelligent and i will. you had my vote, but this is shit reasoning

you're saying he's scum like phantom for doing what phantom did when she was town? what are you even smoking?

i don't really care if mafia "can" be active, too. that tells me why he may not be town, not why he's scum

do better
    Are u saying zeal was mafia?

do better
  • We don't actually know that he wasn't

• lol dude, say something intelligent and i will. you had my vote, but this is shit reasoning

do better
    xP not sure how you got this out of my post, loaf. good deflection. my point is you're voting shining based on a heuristic that has already been proven false. shining has posted and voted in-thread

why is he scum?

just because he's talking is a bad argument

why do you think he is scum?

as for zeal and lux...lord knows
  • if i wasn't clear in what i was trying to say, it is simply this:

with the extra information that his activity and yes even his vote has given you, shouldn't your read be based on something a little more substantial than just "he's talking"?
  • Apparently my activity is scummy. Kind of interesting when this is my 2nd post since I went up for lynch. I guess everyone's used to me being inactive the entire game. That's my fault, I ain't even mad.

Tyrsis and Rohan aren't even defending. Consider this mine. smh gl town.
  • I dont think you ve read the whole thread. Lux flipped town.

The whole logic behind inactivity = mafia doesnt apply to this format because no matter what happens the townies are going to be removed from the game. Thus it gives them less motivation to towntell. For most players a victory through majority town is less rewarding and satisfactory than winning when you are in a minority mafia team. Some players would feel hopelessness and be disinterested in the game when they are on the chopping block.

This is the only kind of heuristics i can give u through limited activity orrather lack of. It is the primary reason why i chose the cells in this order.

Moreover when u are the member ofthe mafia team u have what should i call it peer pressure or somewhat obligation to put in effort to try and win for ur team whether it be posting or voting. When you are town playing individually this burden is somewhat lessened and its for mere survival that u play but for this instance you even lose that motivation so a townie is more likely to go inactive than a mafia in this format.

I could use other heuristics if there were actual things to analyze but there arent in my eyes. Unless someone can enlighten me that would be most greatful.
  • lol wow

yeah, sorry

i've gotten to the point where i expect ppl to lynch my lynch...completely my bad, loaf, and yeah i'm not reading the thread closely enough if i missed that :/
  • sure, let's vote shining

##lynch: shining

he lynched town and he's sticking to the lynch the inactives bit lol xP i actually think he's right on rohan though in that rohan voted for him for mayor, and since they're in a cell together that's more likely to come from town than scum

heh don't know about tyrsis though, loaf...he may well not have a presence as either alignment

kenshin's right in that there needs to be a better incentive for ppl to actually play when they sign up, heh
  • how did we not lynch phantom -_- meh

that's annoying
  • And i implore the back 3 cells to give anything an analysis reason a feeling inkling meta on the ppl on the chopping block so we can read u as town. Cos we cant use the same heuristics for the back cells who have been equally active.