Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Werewolf Graveyard

Comments

• ^ This.

Whatever role you have, play that role. Don't worry about what people will think.
  • I would like to thank you guys for lynching me (also walls for setting me up with that whole blood trail nonsense)...heaven is nice with all these bare breasted angels playing harps up here in the clouds. :)
  • Let's play "Guess the target of Ixta's rage" game! :P
  • edited December 2013
    U say we all played poorly, The people who played poorly are the ones who died otherwise they wouldnt of died :) so stop moaning and get on with it
  • oh damn Joker. try playing at all before you decide. Its a game of sheer chance online. Sit in a room and play it before you judge it Tyrsis.
  • Alright, I am going to spill the beans on my next two werewolf game ideas:

1) KISS - Dryads in the Woods: KISS (Keep it Stupid Simple) would be a game that sees a new logging village sprout up in the Maine circa 1900. The village is only about 20-30 people. The town consisted of all loggers who cut down the surrounding trees for profit, but as the town sprang up, two Dryads moved in as well, and have begun killing somebody each night with a kiss of death, starting with the resident sheriff (an elected official), and has causes a bit of an uproar. Another wood-humanoid joined the town as well, sensing a great danger, this Druid is also posing as a lumberjack, and has the ability to see the alignment of one person each night. There is also the local cutpurse who snagged the keys to the jail cell, and can lock 1 person up each night.

Basically, 2 evils, 1 seer, and 1 jailor. Limited roles, lots of discussion, no mayor. Simple game play.

2) Meme Werewolf - Haven't thought this one through 100%, but different villagers are different meme characters (scumbag steve, good guy greg, ridiculously photogenic guy, etc) and have roles that are dolled out. I would like to see Sky or Dogtown take this idea and run with it, but I may mod it at some point.

Thoughts?
  • A game thats simple voting cant be arsed to debate anymore
  • edited December 2013
    I quite like those ideas, Cory. Not bad at all.

I've had an idea over the last few days. Not too sure about the theme although I've been thinking about it using the traditional Werewolf formula of a Village and possibly Werewolves that you have to find. I've noticed that in every game we've played so far, you're told who the bad guys are and how many of them there are.

How about a game where you're not told who the bad guys are, what roles they have or how many there are. A kind of murder-mystery game. The premise will be as follows:

You have a small village of around 15-20 people. Everyone knows and trusts one another. On a particularly misty morning, a group of around 4-5 people run into the village clearly hysterical and out of their minds. You calm them down only to be told that they were being chased by a furry beast and that a few of them were killed during the night while trying to escape before arriving at the village. Are they telling the truth? Are some of them telling the truth while others are not? Obviously, the villagers will have roles and can use them. Similarly, the group, or maybe certain people, will also have positive or negative roles. Before too long, will you be able to trust your fellow villagers?

I'm looking at this game as a sort of dynamic and constantly changing game where things can happen during the day or night for both sides, but to try and balance it in a fair way somehow. Instead of being told how many bad guys there are, it'll keep everyone guessing throughout the game.

Thoughts?
  • That sounds good too! Wild card roles and tricks! That would be fun :)

I have a feeling some people are getting werewolved out though. Activity seems down from 5-10 of the players.
  • Yeah, true. We'll see what happens with Jester's game and whether anyone wants more games afterwards. If so, people can decide what game they want next or something. :)
  • Could skip the fluff and just do a survivor-style WW. You die, you delete your pf account.
  • well one thing a lot of people are out of touch with this ww as the rules are a bit more complex and the mod won't say one way or another, and the roles just leave a bit to be desired. An out of touch ww makes people not post as much, mages had a shit ton of activity meh
  • edited December 2013
    Mages one had too much activity. And I honestly like trying to figure out what the heck is going on in this game. Although this second night helped us villagers out a lot.
  • I liked the village picture better than the past few WW games tbh... and I got a solid laugh out of that bunny picture walls posted so w/e
  • Could skip the fluff and just do a survivor-style WW. You die, you delete your pf account.
    Roger Wilco
  • I think i prefer more mechanical games to the simpler versions. Walls' game is great, having things to be figured out and clues like this drives discussion and we're getting a lot less purely random voting. (It drives me crazy that we don't actually know all the rules involved though.)
  • Loafery played that horribly I must say.
  • oh damn Joker. try playing at all before you decide. Its a game of sheer chance online. Sit in a room and play it before you judge it Tyrsis.
    I do want to give that a shot at some point. Doubt it will ever happen :/
  • It's much fun doing it live, although I usually am the person running it live.
  • It's much fun doing it live, although I usually am the person running it live.

How do you play live??
    How doesn't night and day action work??

• That greatly depends on the age group playing it, with kids they put their heads down and close their eyes, then I call a role up and that person sticks their head up and point at the person they want to kill/protect/spy. If I catch anyone peeking then they die automatically, usually by the second game nobody peaks. Daytime I ask if anyone wants to accuse anyone based off of noise and everything else. With adults, I do a more blackout where the spy can keep their eyes open the sheriff literally grabs a person and puts them in a chair that's 'Prison' the vigilante and mafia and or werewolf get to kill by touching someone with a full hand on face. Night actions are given 3 minutes, everyone dresses in all black outfits just like Capture the Flag and other such games (which we play at some part that night.) And again you guess based on noise, so walking silently and choosing to make a noise somewhere your action and you aren't but then accidentally stepping on something to give yourself away with an exclamation all make that great. Also Vigilante and Killers crashing into each other, make it great fun. We've also done it that way where I let Sheriff go first then Spy (at which time they text me who they want to know (works better if your buttons don't make noise when texting) then Killer and then Vigilante. Daytime I just let the conversation go and only step in when it gets out of hand or the prescribed time limit is done and I need to calculate votes.
  • I'm sure other people have done it differently and better, ha.
  • By text would be epic lol
    Seems easiest
    I wanna do a ww during a Christmas dinner but drinking will be involved so that might be kinda hard.
  • We will be playing kitchen table mafia next week. The mod paces/circles the group. We play with 1-2 killers and 1 seer. It is a blast. Just need a deck of cards to dish out roles.
  • Cory should aim me. And help explain to me how to play a live one lol
  • There are rules available online. Explaining to people is usually the hardest part.

There are day and night cycles. Typically in live mafia somebody imaginary dies prompting a day 1 lynch. Votes are taken by hand count at the end of the day. Then everyone goes to sleep (close your eyes and bow your heads), you tell the seer to wake up and point to somebody and nod yes or no if they are the mafia. Then you have the mafia wake up and point to somebody to kill. Game carries on until town is dead/outnumbered or Mafia dies. Depends on size of group. 7-11 people is good. Games go quick.

You need a deck of cards. Pick as many cards out as players, and designate cards to certain roles.

I don't have aim, but if you have any questions let me know.
  • Once we did a live game with 50-60 people, had like 4 mafia....i ended up as the seer, found 2 of the 4 mafia first two nights!

Thankfully good doctor kept me alive once i revealed haha
  • Lolol. 50-60 people would be nuts....
  • You guys sound like fun. My friends like to party, drink, etc.

The nerd in me wants to play ww.
  • Hahahahaha town is screwed. Go WW's