Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Werewolf Graveyard

Comments

• I was thinking of doing a The Thing themed WW with basic rule set.
    explain plz
  • The Stephen king novel and movie called the thing. One person is an alien in disguise

The alien can steal peoples appearance but eventually gives it away.

It would be hard to truly follow the plot. But its worth thinking about
  • Not by Stephen King.

The Thing (also known as John Carpenter's The Thing) is a 1982 American science fiction horror film directed by John Carpenter, written by Bill Lancaster, and starring Kurt Russell. The film's title refers to its primary antagonist: a parasitic extraterrestrial lifeform that assimilates other organisms and in turn imitates them. The Thing infiltrates an Antarctic research station, taking the appearance of the researchers that it absorbs, and paranoia occurs within the group.

The film is based on John W. Campbell, Jr.'s novella Who Goes There?, which was more loosely adapted by Howard Hawks and Christian Nyby as 1951's The Thing from Another World.[1]
  • Not by Stephen King
    Fact.
  • edited December 2013
    I like the basic concept, Sci. Could start off with one "Thing", but he/she can imitate one extra person once per night. Winning side is that which outnumbers the other side. Sounds promising.
  • people are silly they are forgetting things and ignoring earlier posts, god i wish i would of survived till today
  • they should just kill the quiet ppl

• people are silly they are forgetting things and ignoring earlier posts, god i wish i would of survived till today
    Sorry, I haven't really had the time to go through them all today.
  • after getting killed i definitely know who the mafia are

i just need it confirmed by ppls next posts
  • I miss Syphoon!! going batshit crazy with Gary's mod and doing a story with PICTURES
    Flame that was at least 5 years ago. I almost flunked my exams with the non-study I was doing while modding those WW games.
  • edited December 2013
    HOLY SHIT!

More like 8-9 years ago. I remember still being on Dial Up and having to download folders of the pictures from gary's mod to read the story. You were the man!
  • Syphooooooon!
  • lol! I wanna do a game with pictures, Syphoon you should make one.
  • I'm dead, so I can stop paying attention to the we monologues. Go village, you're going to need it. Also, I'm making some preperations for my ww game this week .....
  • GO MAFIA!!!!!!
  • i guess i need to run the next werewolf.....

that way i won't die by day 2 :'(

u guys all suck.
  • I'm running a ww called "Catch the Kid with Downs!"
  • Well walls. Maybe if you werent asking when night time was..
    Stupid vigilantes and nightwatch.
    Mafia doesn't even need to kill and they would win at the rate vigilantes and nightwatch are killing
  • edited December 2013
    I'm running a ww called "Catch the Kid with Downs!"
    *Catches Ty*

Caught him. You're one of the reasons why last night went badly.
  • No its because ppl constantly pick off the active ones who are clearly not the mafia

There are ppl active in the night but not in the day or else they shouldve been mod killed fools

Play some more party mafia and come back noobs

• Loaf, good players are smarter than that. There's lots of players who don't say anything in-game and you're not at all sure if you'll lynch the Doctor by mistake because he was staying out of the limelight. It's easy to point fingers (Lots of people do), but much harder to actually kill who you need to kill.
  • i'd rather lynch someone who doesn't talk at all

there's no way of knowing if they're good or bad anyway so force them to talk or just lynch them, at least if they start talking you can get extra information. The way it's going now the talkative ones were those who didn't have any roles at all. So they've been just fighting with each other when they were just villagers. So the mafia didn't need to do jack crap. They just need to ride the bandwagon or give it a slight nudge and there's no need for them to start anything cos the villagers do it for them.

• edited December 2013
    i'd rather lynch someone who doesn't talk at all

there's no way of knowing if they're good or bad anyway
    Just because someone is quiet doesn't change the fact that you don't know if they are evil or not. I play a loud, talkative towns person every game regardless of good or evil. Some people just don't post as much discussion as others. If somebody who usually talks a lot (me, damred, etc) does something different, people would take notice and known that something is up (evils may know we have a good role or goodies may know we were evil)

Play a few games here and get a feel for how people play, and don't just assume quiet = best kill
  • i've played my fair share of sk mafia and real life mafia and they're pretty much the same

there's always the 1 loud mouth mafia who doesn't get lynched when he's blatantly accusing ppl and no one notices this until it's too late. And the others who keep quiet and bandwagon. It's the most effective tactic. But if all the mafia are too quiet they're at a disadvantage. But with this version of mafia we're playing we have the vigilantes and nighwatchmen who are damn stupid cos they can just automatically lynch a person they think is suspicious which really just degrades the daytime vote of lynching. Even if we have a long debate about the things that happened the previous night the vigils and nw do what they want. So, the conclusion is that the mafia don't really have to do anything during the day because they can just be quiet and do nothing the reason being more innocents die during the night so they don't have to work hard in the day and reveal themselves just to get 1 more measly kill when at night a max of 4 can die.

In previous versions of mafia we only had 1 kill at night by the WW and a daytime lynch. That was it. Thus making the the daytime lynch a priority for both parties. But in this game it really isn't that important. There's a kill for the bad guys and even 3 random kills for the "good guys". It's really a matter of luck really if you think about it.

I'm not saying it's a bad thing because it's one of the most interesting game of mafia i played cos there's a mayor, vigilante and baddies who don't know each other so there's plenty of variables to think about. But what i'd like to point out is by giving the vigils a kill at night the daytime vote loses its "value" if you get my drift.

Gawd can't believe i wrote a block of text for mafia...fuck myself...lol
  • edited December 2013
    lol

A couple of us have said quite a while ago that if Vig/NW are going to kill people anyway, we should give targets but I don't think one person did. Villagers are happy to argue over trivial things (And have been doing so since Day 1) but fail epically at working as a cohesive team for our own benefit.

Take near the end of Day 3 for example - Everyone was all over the place. And just a couple of hours before the day ended, Ty started saying to kill Shining and Zeal, and Shining started saying to kill Ty and Osiris. Both effectively ordered the Vig/NW to listen to them. Ty has been adamant from the beginning that Ixta shouldn't be trusted, but hasn't given any reasonable alternatives. It's just a damn mess because people aren't working together so no-one knows how to move forward. There should be a plan for all variables in a game, not blaming said variables for making mistakes when the townspeople themselves are doing dumb things themselves.
  • edited December 2013
    way i see it the only way the town can win is for the vigils to get "Lucky" and get 3 mafia kills lol

discussion in the daytime is a mess, but its a fun mess so its not that bad. Doubt you can get jack from it cos the ones with roles aren't talking...
    lol

A couple of us have said quite a while ago that if Vig/NW are going to kill people anyway, we should give targets but I don't think one person did. Villagers are happy to argue over trivial things (And have been doing so since Day 1) but fail epically at working as a cohesive team for our own benefit.
    there was an agreement if i remember correctly to not kill anyone during the night on the 2nd day, but you know having a role makes it fun so it's only natural to take action. If i were the vigil i wouldn't listen to the masses either and just kill whoever the hell i wanted to even if means the chances of winning grow slimmer by the day unless they get a lucky strike lol
  • There are five of you left, the jackqueen prob wont be vocal as nobody knows who they are.

I have a decent guess as to whos evil, I think two of them are surprising for sure haha. Time will tell if Im right.
  • think'll end today

lynch villager today

kill 4 ppl at night

5 baddies 4 goodies

mafia win...new game plz
  • *Opens the door*

Hello. Glad to be here.
  • Shit vigilante is shit.