Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Message BCart about DW?

Comments

• DW doesn't balance itself out. PTs usually balance themselves out fairly evenly.

TF gets a +5% income if bonuses are maxed, balancing its disadvantage
    Mystis get 107% offense if you mysticide, balancing the -10% offense
    FWs get horrible attack times, making it harder to use all that pop in lots and lots and lots and lots of re-occurring attacks.
    MT starts way ahead and then falls behind for the second half of the round

DW? DW's -10% pop doesn't balance it's -90% goon costs nor its +30% offense.
    You could easily make more pop and less offense, +0% pop & + 20% offense. It's way off balance with itself.
  • Dw isnt a pt meant to be balanced

Its meant to roll out ppl and piss them off so u get kted

No dw turtles till mid rd so it can survive and finish the rd

Then they would be better off fw

Its a choice and bcart just made it so that practically anyone can play dw easily
  • I find the rounds would be a lot more interesting if there were DWs later in.

20k land DW going mobi? Brace yourselves.
  • I disagree to a point on a couple of things.

I don't believe you are right magician, the pt disadvantage for terra comes off after all the bonuses are calculated so you are still -10% income no matter what lol.

And everything should be balanced, will it ever be probably not. DW is not a reward type planet like the others are, its just a die quick card. Sure top dws would still die with the proposed changes but it would be a better pt for the long run *shrug* just my opinion though

Also FW was super broken early 50s with its huge income bonus and it was nerf'd meh oh well
  • I liked the OP FW more because you werent getting rolled out hard by people with half your skill. The FW at least took awhile to kick into highgear and still took skill to stay on top.

Bcart should make a new OP planet every round.
  • I enjoyed the op fw also hehe, op oceanic next please +50% defense
  • what
    terra income > any other pt's income
  • Until....ya know meadows comes along and arsons you for a whole day
  • The only reason the uni gets overrun with stupid antiturtles is because despite how easy it is to play not many are good enough to play it properly. Most of the mid range players pick it and get over excited with goons.

It is pretty easy to stay out of the range of these guys but when you get people who decide to convert because they cant hit legit like what it sounds like skydragon does, often you have to just deal with it or keep an eye on every suspicious kingdom and deal with the kingdom when you notice what is going on.

Get some decent players who play it properly though and have enough def to be comfortably safe from the whole server and they can cause major problems.
  • well the round sky did it with meadows I believe he didn't convert, he was a kt and he was left alive and built it up in secret it was a pretty good move on his part.

This time he did convert for lolz i think
  • I meant when he said he had 200k goons and 25k tanks.
  • i dont mind DW but I think the other PTs are suffering

oceanic should work to be the exact opposite of DW

at the moment it is suffering
  • Ian is right. In R58, Vintage had tried KT'ing me three times and I built up my goon count for the hit on Meadows in-between each KT then rushed goons before the third and final time that I was KT'd. I only died because I got bored. Shining will back me up (He was in my sector) that I had 2 WL's but chose not to grab for land near the end. I had solid D throughout the round.

I did convert for the lolz this round (Ty made it quite clear that I'm a threat so it's inevitable that I'll wake up to 200 land left, then get killed off by multi's). By now, I'd probably have tapped another two Top 5 kingdoms had I not been killed off by multi's. There's only so much that can be done with 4 DW WL's when dozens of multi's are grabbing you, but lots can be done if things are played legitimately.

DC and Phantomz got scared of me and I'm thoroughly convinced that the leadership in one or both alliances know who the multi owner is considering the multi's have finished off most of the Uni-side KT's. But it's nothing to get angry about and you just accept it knowing that you're a better player than they are.
  • Several years ago I ran an online game set up by an admin much like Bcart. He worked on several projects, and I with no coding experience could not adjust the game the way the players were wanting each round.

So he developed a toolkit that allowed me to change the configurations of nearly everything in the game with the click of a button. You could adjust units, researches anything you name it.

If Bcart was willing to do something like this he could easily give this to someone who can make these modifications. Seriously he already has two people he probably has never spoken more than a word running his forums. He is clearly only in it for the ad revenue, so why not let someone take that extra step?

Could the issues he had in the past with the previous "game admin" really think it will be the same now when he has such a devoted following to stick it out as long as we all have done now? What if we came to some agreement, a panel of say 5 or so of all shapes and sized that helped decide the changes to each round?

I don't know really, I am just fed up with all the talking and begging and pleading to receive nothing in return but a mute admin.

Maybe I should refuse to buy a premium and encourage others to do the same.

We are clearly asking for a bit of notice @Bcartfall, how hard would it be to just pop in and say go to hell?
  • i dont mind DW but I think the other PTs are suffering

oceanic should work to be the exact opposite of DW

at the moment it is suffering
    This! I completely agree with this. We have all accepted Oceanic to be the Defensive KD, so why is it that it can't match in a round no matter how you try?
  • Bcart just doesnt like turtles
  • if he really wanted to hurt the turtles he would nerf explore price
  • bcart does like turtles it was only because of the outcry against the original oceanic that he nerf'd it really. I remember when it was put in and the cry that ensued (i had just come back for one round lol)

Oceanic isn't even the truth defensive planet that honor goes to Terra, who has 5% more defense (if you have research) than the true defensive planet does. honestly if I was bcart, i would trade lds on mount to on oceanic, and give mount lts on creation. And modify the cost of lds for oceanic. There we go got a perfect defensive pt....
  • edited December 2013
    DW: +25% offense -50% LDs -10% pop no fdc

Would still be boss pt and cut the risk of ATs. Plus people could build a DW that survives the round, and would be a super easy build strat for all us noobs who play DW.
  • I disagree to a point on a couple of things.

I don't believe you are right magician, the pt disadvantage for terra comes off after all the bonuses are calculated so you are still -10% income no matter what lol.
    hold on a sec.
    -10% income no matter what?

so u are telling me
    lets say

120 for starmines x 1.40 for research bonus x .90 (because of -10%) is different than

120 x .90(calculated earlier) x 1.40 for research bonus?

like did u seriously....... just say that? LOL

did u finish elementary school?
    do you know how multiplication works......?
  • You are taking what I said out of context walls, i'm not saying that you are calculating things differently before or after i'm saying magician is looking at it wrong. He won't have +5% income on a terra because of the added money bonus on terra.
  • As previously stated, I blame Walls being asian for his poor reading comprehension. The small squintyeyes really only let him see parts of peoples posts.
  • Arsons?! poor dave :(
  • Does fdc help on dws really?

Is it a nerf by removing it

More of a privelege u get taken away

U dont actually need it nor does it help get an adv ingame

Unless u want to bash probers who want ur sok

• Eh Fdc is kinda useful in that you get robbed less often other than that I could take it or leave it.
  • Have a round off any dw planet

Lets see the difference in the round and have games more active after first month
  • Speaking of FDC, I don't get why the research requirement on it is so high. It should cost LESS research points to max than any other, given it provides no true benefit to your kd, unlike every other land-based research.
  • its a grand plan to trap newbs into doing pointless things meadows
  • You are taking what I said out of context walls, i'm not saying that you are calculating things differently before or after i'm saying magician is looking at it wrong. He won't have +5% income on a terra because of the added money bonus on terra.
    what you said "the pt disadvantage for terra comes off after all the bonuses are calculated so you are still -10% income no matter what lol."
    if you aren't indicating an order, why would you say it 'comes off after all the bonuses are calculated' your terminology in your statement clearly indicates you are calculating in order.

and now ur saying "He won't have +5% income on a terra because of the added money bonus on terra"

ur first statement said 'you are -10% income', your clarification statement said 'you aren't +5% income.'
    unless my english is wrong, your statements are not identical, or similar. pretty sure u said 2 different statements just now.

and fyi (1.4*.9) = 1.26 while every other kingdom is 1.25
    so you are still a 1% increase of income compared to every other kingdom without a bonus multiplier