Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The Official League of Legends Thread (Starcraft is for silly asians)

Comments

• Try and work on the last hitting. It's integral in other lanes too. If you want to practice try to load up a rune page with AD marks instead of penetration or criticals. This makes it much easier. Then try a champ that has a very short attack animation (Caitlyn has a short one and tristana's is a bit longer because she does that spin thing... it throws me off a bit at first). Also longer range champs are easier as well. Don't be afriad to use abilities either (sparingly and necessarily). This made a big difference in my play.
  • New champ looks fun!
  • Shaco DID fall off way too hard. That support champ looks like a nightmare for malz/ww
  • Shaco DID fall off way too hard. That support champ looks like a nightmare for malz/ww
    The only way you don't fall off as shaco is if you just do super well and are super fed. Still practicing with him.
  • Sweet new support champ!
  • trundle is a quite strong jungler / situational toplane
    viktor is one of the stronger AP carries

im actually wondering why you never see them :X, i can imagine you dont see them much in ranked games or high elo because theyre not the best at their roles... but its not like their bad at it either
  • I rarely see Viktor. He's viewed as vastly UP in NA servers. Trundle I occasionally see. He's seen more as a good jungler though.
  • "Veigar

Fixed a bug where Event Horizon stopped stunning units if Veigar died"

FINALLY
  • I bought teemo today just for something different. Not my favorite.
  • oh em gee. I bought him today too. Not amazing but I don't mind him. Quite enjoying Miss Fortune at the moment. I want to learn to be good with kennen :(
  • miss fortune is a very nice ranged carry, id say i prefer graves or cait because they have escapes / engagement for in lane though. but her ulti!
  • MalMal
    edited March 2012
    Teemo is kinda meh but he's good utility. His shrooms are like longer lasting wards that damage people which is very handy. I did a few games today with varied performance. I've been building him as on hit though... I think that's right.

Kennen is incredible. Get an hourglass, ult, GG. I love Kennen's Q so much.

Miss fortune is viewed as a below average ranged carry but in the right hands she's really awesome. Lots of people suck with her ult and can't use her slow right but it depends on the player really. Cait is my fav because of her escape and ult, both incredibly handy so I'm not really an MF player.
  • Shen is actually a good support if you have a carry that knows how to work with him. If you use your Q on a cannon minion the carry can heal a lot, and that shield and taunt are great for kills and defense. You should check out alistar. He's a star support and a tank.
  • yeah Prime has played a few games as Alistar supporting me as Fiora I think. Worked well. Prime loves a bit of the support
  • That I do. I think having a blitz in a team can make such a huge difference as well. I'm really starting to enjoy him
    It's just as good if not better to get a good pull as opposed to an initiation, making it a quick 5v4. Just don't pull the tank. :D
  • Cba getting shown up
  • I'm always up for games.
  • I played a lil bit with some friends last friday. I played cassiopia jungle and poppy jungle. Was pretty fun.
  • ...master yi does take no skill to play.
  • Yi is definitely one of the easier champs to play. And incredibly easy to negate too. i started with him, and got pretty bored. Fiora takes more skill and is more fun and ultimately better.
  • yi's alpha strike also makes him untargettable. He's a super easy champ but honestly he's easy to shut down once you get to level 30. About then people realize that if you just hard cc him he's dead in like a second since his only build is glass cannon.
  • Id say theres not much difference between Fiora and yi difficulty wise... but fiora is definitely more viable. Yi is more of a hero to pubstomp with at lower elo
  • Id say theres not much difference between Fiora and yi difficulty wise... but fiora is definitely more viable. Yi is more of a hero to pubstomp with at lower elo
    ...Right, because timing reposte correctly and using the lunge effectively to harass or kill is sooo like yi.

Yi is faceroll and they aren't the same, other than one move that works in a similar way.
  • let me rephrase that: in difficult level there is not much difference between fiora and yi
  • let me rephrase that: in difficult level there is not much difference between fiora and yi
    ....again, yes fiora is a harder champ to use for the reasons I said.
  • i could bold the not much part but im affraid you just wouldnt get it

• ....again, yes fiora is a harder champ to use for the reasons I said.
    Just because a champion is harder to use doesn't make players have more skill. When Fiora lunges at the enemy, she depends on how the enemy reacts.

The total definition of having skill would be (in my oppinion)
    - Last hit creeps perfectly
    - Outlevel your laning opponent
    - Zoning
    - Predicting/ Countering / Dodging
    - Steal enemy lizard and golem
    - Kill dragon and Nashor
    - Pick the right targets in team fights
    - Create minion waves
    - Warding hot spots

Every champion has a different role to fill anyway.
    There is also being skilled with certain champs. You can do all of the above, but suck ass with the champ and their abilities and therefore fail.

I think basically, with some champs, there is a smaller gap between skilled and unskilled players. So the gap between an unskilled yi and a skilled yi player would be pretty small.
  • edited March 2012
    i could bold the not much part but im affraid you just wouldnt get it
    *afraid
    Don't patronize me simply because you don't seem to understand the champs in depth.

I could point out [again] that you're absolutely wrong about how they're not much different because, as tait said, the gap between an unskilled yi and a skilled yi player is pretty small vs skilled/unskilled fiora player. Yes, they both have a skill that increases attack damage as a passive. When activated, they do different things.
    Yi has a heal.
    Fiora heals on-hit, moreso against champions.
    Yi has a spammable move that makes him invulnerable, fiora has an ult where she can take damage but cannot be targetted. They're both melee AD champs, but similar?

Not really. Their mechanics are not the same nor all that close.

• ....again, yes fiora is a harder champ to use for the reasons I said.
    Just because a champion is harder to use doesn't make players have more skill. When Fiora lunges at the enemy, she depends on how the enemy reacts.

The total definition of having skill would be (in my oppinion)
    - Last hit creeps perfectly
    - Outlevel your laning opponent
    - Zoning
    - Predicting/ Countering / Dodging
    - Steal enemy lizard and golem
    - Kill dragon and Nashor
    - Pick the right targets in team fights
    - Create minion waves
    - Warding hot spots

Every champion has a different role to fill anyway.
    Uhm, what brought this on?

• I make sad faces when I see people on my team pick yi for several reasons. Mostly because while he's fine in lower level lower elo games, most games he's not. If someone can't get super fed within the first 10 minutes of the game they are practicaly useless later on. Which means most of the times they are useless as most people can shut a yi down with simple CC. He's super squishy and built to be glass cannon and is a melee champ, which means he has to be close to the enemy in team fights to be effective, where he dies quickly. AP Yi is funny because other than his alpha strike and heal he's also completely useless when teamfights start. Even if fed enough to be effective, AP yi once again can be shut down with a simple cc. After he uses alpha strike that's just it. Nothing more.

Yi's strength is mostly as an early game champ and as a very good back doorer. Unfortunately you rarely see fed yi's from early game and if you do your team has more problems than yi.

As for skill he doesn't require much and there's not much difference between a pro yi player and a regular one because his kit is designed that way.

Also I can't stand yi jungler. I've seriously dodged that. No CC and their only strength is as a good chaser. That's very limited usefulness.