Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The Official League of Legends Thread (Starcraft is for silly asians)

MalMal
edited March 2012 in General
http://signup.leagueoflegends.com/?ref=4eaffba9303e4572139384

SK Team Members:
1. Conana
2. Kokashot
3. Tyrsis
4. Yourpalmal
5. Lux
6. SGC
7. Rayzar
8. Sindustry

Since I have now played this game for a good week I'm qualified enough to post about it.

This game is inspired by Defense of the Ancients (DotA) map for Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne and is a Free to Play game. The object of the game is simple: Destroy the other side's base. In order to do that you take on an avatar called a champion and battle it out on a map. The symmetrical map has turrets strategically placed on each side hindering the advancement of your troops throughout three different lanes. You will be assisted by minions that periodically spawn from your base into each lane.

This real time strategic game involves a more simplistic approach compared to starcraft or warcraft since it focuses more on your champion. You have no control over your minions and focus your entire round on how you gain ground and defeat other players. All rpg-elements are focused on building your champion as it levels and obtains gold through kills.

If this isn't addicting enough you have a ridiculous amount of champions available to use. There's something like over 70, and they freely rotate the free ones available by week. Every champion is tremendously different. You also advance yourself by levels, which are dependent on the amount of experience you obtain. This level never drops and is used to help blind pick you with other teammates during matchmaking. The top level is 30. I'm currently at 11.

Finally, the game largely focuses on teamwork and strategy. You are free to talk to your side only, or both sides. The game uses a strict anti-quitting policy. There are also ladder matches and an ELO ranking system if you choose to participate and a new type of game called "Dominion".

So try this out. It took me one round before I knew that I would spend most of my time playing this game. Thank you Tyrsis for introducing me to my new obsession (he's a level 30). Use this thread to discuss stratgies, smack, and to find each other.

My name is: MallyMalPal or Yourpalmal. Please make sure you PM me telling me who you are because I always deny friend requests unless I know the person.

Comments

• Play skarner and ult bad guy under tower. GG
  • Thanks. Now I know who I'm unlocking next :D.
  • Hey lets play a match I just got back from boring class. I am gunna play me some Lux and laser beam people. She used to be my main like a year ago.
  • I'm in the middle of a library so let me find a private area first
  • Remember any noobs out there just learning how to play choose either Garen and spin to win or Tryndamere and never die. Both noob champs that are almost impossible to do bad with.
  • A7X Antagonist.
  • Try Yourpalmal. My login is MallyMalPal. idk which is used
  • I'm still new but my personal favs are DPS ranged. I've been doing fairly well with Tristana and I just unlocked Caitlyn and am trying her out. Most of my builds are super fast speed, good damage, and usually high critical damage and percentage (infinity edge!). Focusing on this means that I die easily if caught though.
  • Remember any noobs out there just learning how to play choose either Garen and spin to win or Tryndamere and never die. Both noob champs that are almost impossible to do bad with.
    I like going up against Garens. They usually suck and I am usually far enough away to laugh and kill them while they spin.
  • LoL is for losers
  • I'm not a silly Asian. I'm just Asian.
  • I'm not a silly Asian. I'm just Asian.
    Quit being so silly.
  • looks like an elitist making a wall of text

• I just find that SC doesn't keep my attention. Also yes tryndamere is a noob champ as I have had proven to me countless times.
  • DOTA is a top class mint game. I played Dota for years countless all nighters, then i tried LOL for a week and realized it was trash rip-off version of dota.

Do yourself a favor and buy war3 and then play the real dota plz.

^

• dota was an elitist game where all the nerds raged and cried all night long. I played wc3 and I know just what it was like and it was full of cry. Now LoL isn't much better as far as the nerd rage and cry but it is an upgraded version of dota and it actually keeps me entertained unlike the wc3 counterpart.
  • negneg
    edited October 2011
    Yeah they are all full of whinging retards, HON is probably the worst for it. 1 Person dies in the first 5 minutes and they act as if its game over, concede, guy that died is a noob etc. Anyone with a brain knows that it's nowhere near over.

I am in the DOTA2 beta and enjoying it so far. So far it isn't full of the whinging retards you speak of. I just like the way DOTA plays compared to its couterparts. There's a lot more to it then HON -> Fast game + stack DMG or LOL -> Easy creep kills lets all level up together :) .

Each to their own though.
  • negneg
    edited November 2011
    Not to mention that all the characters HON make are stupidly designed and OP.

I swear each character they make has a stun/cc, nuke and some form of escape.
  • Solo que ranked for LoL is pretty much suicide unless you managed to surpass the noob barrier. I was above it for season one but I got stuck in the 1200's for season two. No matter how well I do one player can't carry 4 bad teammates as ultimately this is a team game. Also yea not dieing is probably one of the most important things you can do unless you are a tank which then it is worth it as long as your carries get kills.
  • Yea I am getting together a 5 man team we just have the issue of never really being on at the same time and so on. As for solo ranked I think if I get one of my friends and start playing with the 2 of us we might be able to wade through the noobs and carry our team. It is allowed to que with 2 players in solo ranked so that might be the only way. I am managing a solid 1250 that varies as I seem to win and lose in a 1:1 ratio. Hopefully I can push out of elo hell and make it to the 1400's or 1500's and start actually getting good players.
  • tyrsis i just got lev 12. I need you to help me out to get better. Hit me up tonight
  • Yea sure I plan on grinding with vlad for a few matches to see if I like him or not. I have a list of champions that I have written down my item schemes for so that if I ever need to play a certain role I will be prepared. I can send you the list if you ever want it.
  • Cool. I tried out vlad a bit today. I've only had experience with champions that have good attack and his blows so it was a bit different. It's all about ability power and health with him. I thought life drain would be cool but after seeing his attack power it's completely worthless.
  • Thanks lux. I'll definitely check her out
  • I still say vlad is good he just takes skill unlike before when he was overpowered and easy to play. I have seen quite a few good vlads and some of his spells like transfusion and sanguine pool are still very useful as long as you know how to use him.
  • Shyvana is incredibly strong. I just picked up katarina the other day. She's pretty tight if fed properly but sucks otherwise. I racked up 34/6/6 today with her but have been pretty inconsistent.
  • I bought earthrune Skarner.
  • nope i haven't.

Around early and mid game she's decent if fed because that ultimate is just so damaging. But by late game she just sucks.
  • hi i play this sometimes

starcraft is like 1000x better tho
  • I play this aswell sometimes, on the EUW server though