Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Newsroom

Comments

• You are utterly ignorant if you're comparing Sharia Law with Ghaddafi's laws.
    Look again, i did not say that Gaddafi's laws were the same as Sharia laws. I'm not comparing their ideologies or brutality, just the regimented society structures inherent in both. The fact that there is outrage over the implementation of Sharia law goes to show that not all of Gaddafi's laws were bad. Yes there is a lot of misinformation out there but there is no denying that there is no legitimate way someone can rule a country unopposed for 40 odd years.
  • edited October 2011
    Scott Olsen is from my hometown. A friend of a friend. Got his head caved in by a tear gas pellet. Sick shit.
  • The Oilers down the Capitals... love it.
    Why is it so glorious? Let me tell ye!

"the Capitals, who are one of just 10 teams in NHL history to start a season 7-0."
    Arguably the best all around team in the league, running the show for 7 games straight. They come to Edmonton and are shown what a couple of good draft pick's and a potentially drunk goalie do :D

The line of Eberle, Hall, Ryan Nugent-Hopkins is not only the youngest line in the league by far (nevermind the fact they are first-line) but they also combine for the most points in a line in the league. All of this whilst their combined age doesn't even break 60, something no other team can say.

/gloat
  • He was also ordered not to have more than 10 avocados in his possession at one time. Stein has a history of avocado theft, the detective said.

wtf? XD Avacado fetish?

-_- @ spongebob coins though. Quite possibly the stupidest thing ever.
  • No, this is stupid:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-pacific-15477426

has a nominal value of A$1,000,000. The gold itself is worth more than A$50m.

Sure it's just an exhibition piece, but to value it for so much less than it's worth? Makes one wonder who's running the place...
  • that is quite odd, also, what's up with you down under folks all minting weird coins at the same time? :P
  • edited October 2011
    Strange weirdness I just found on Scott Olsen.

http://www.verumserum.com/?p=31617

Founder of... wait for it... wait for it... ihatethemarinecorps.com

The comments section is a huge flame war. Lynog and company should post some Scouse in there.
  • The author of that article lost all credibility when he/she started ranting about anarchists.
  • It looks like it is somebody's blog but what he posted is interesting. This story is pretty big right now and I hadn't seen anyone mention these things yet. Should be an interesting twist.
  • Every time I hear someone mention the words "leftist" "liberal" "conservative" "communist" etc, I know to tune them out. Reading those comments further proves that.

I like that Junebug person who at one point claims a youtube video accurately shows you 500ft around the guy, implying there was no cannister launched at him. Orly?
  • edited October 2011
    If you watch his position you can see him fall straight back when the canisters start exploding. In my opinion it's very clear that he was hit in the face with something from the police. What strikes me were the comments I was reading on other sites. When people found out he was a Marine they were very gung ho. That is one of our brothers, we stand together, and he shouldn't be treated that way. We didn't fight to come back to this. Then I found the site where they are talking about his views, and those same types are instantly saying well he is a 10%. They already have a name for it. You step out of line you are dirt. It's very convenient. For all we know it could have been a former military that shot him in the face to begin with. It's so easy to divide and conquer. Twist things for your own agenda. To me nobody should be shot in the face for protesting. It's a bunch of bs.

This one is older but Oakland as well.

http://coalitionforworldpeace.org/news/news_stories/protest_4.8.3.html
  • Im going back to the old topic...

There is no possible way to travel backwards through time. Time doesnt really exist. It was thought of to regulate people in a society and to track and measur movement of heavenly bodies. 'Traveling' backwards through time would mean having all the mass of the universe reverse direction.

Traveling forward through time that is a very different story tho.
  • Meh, I don't pretend to know everything about the universe, but if traveling back in time was possible, why haven't we seen any time travelers yet? Arguably, man doesn't ever discover the secret before we die out, which doesn't prove that it's impossible, but then what's the point of even theorizing?

Current events are more interesting to me than impossibilities.
  • edited October 2011
    Time is only an idea. You cannot move through ideas.
  • edited October 2011
  • Won't need to argue it much longer, they're redoing the test:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-15471118
  • edited October 2011
    http://www.foxnews.com/us/2011/10/30/snowstorm-strands-jetblue-passengers-on-runway-for-seven-hours/

Buy a plane ticket and lose all of your rights. Welcome to Jet Blue where you pay for your own criminal confinement. Don't like it? Well there is always a lengthy cavity search, several thousand dollar fine, and terrorist blacklist that you can opt out for.
  • What possible reason could there be for leaving passengers on a plane for 7 hours?
  • It's not just facism. It's Jet Blue!
  • At least you're not flying Qantas :P
  • What possible reason could there be for leaving passengers on a plane for 7 hours?
    Well, in most cases, the 30,000 foot drop is a pretty good reason. (yes I realize this plane was grounded)
  • geez, that's ridiculous. They could have at least let them out into the terminal, they say it was deadly, but the storm couldn't have been that bad that they couldn't set up some way to shuttle people inside. I can see waiting maybe an hour for a storm to clear up, at max, but not 7 hours. Aren't there laws about unlawful confinement that might apply?
  • It's a lose-lose situation. They either leave the passengers on the plane and have people complain to the world about their airline, or they risk endangerment and lawsuits by allowing the passengers to leave. It's a hole we've dug for ourselves out of a hole that businesses have dug for themselves.
  • Sadly, I see your point. I frequently wish that common sense had some legal protection.
  • people were given no food or water throughout the ordeal

Sadly other than this really there isn't much they did wrong. It's like Xel pointed out, it's about safety over convenience.
  • Not too safe if people are starting to have mental breakdowns due to the confinement and crowded conditions. I'd probably freak out too. :P
  • edited October 2011
    Is it really that worse being stuck on the ground for 7hrs compared to being inflight for 7hrs? There are long haul flights much longer than that and people are trapped and confined there, but no-one freaks out over it. Hysteria isn't the airline's fault.
  • Flickering power, running out of water, bathrooms ceasing to function due to clogging... These are not the usual circumstances of a long haul flight. And it's not really customer's fault either that there's an inherent psychological difference between a routine flight of expected lengthy duration and an long, unexpected confinement with comparative space and luxury only 50 feet away, if only they'd let you out. People start to get claustrophobic very quickly under those kinds of circumstances. And even if most people initially thought they'd just try to sleep it out, all it really takes is a single person freaking out to put everyone else on edge, esp when they're hungry, thirsty, tired, and need to use the restroom but can't.