Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The Matrix WW (Smith Wins)

Comments

• But if they still relay their information, then die as a townie, we know their information was valid
    Re: sci's point: ^This. We get information, we know it's valid, and if we pick someone we want dead, we're not killing anyone who we wouldn't want to kill anyway. So they either save us a lynch, or they give us information and we lynch the guy we wanted to lynch anyway.
  • I think you're both thinking far too highly of the benevolence of SKPF'ers to assume they would contribute during their death throes.

• What incentive does someone that is already on the chopping block to become minced meat have to give us valid information?
    I sincerely hope that everyone plays toward their personal win condition, regardless of their opinion on tactics used.

• edited June 2014

What incentive does someone that is already on the chopping block to become minced meat have to give us valid information?
    I sincerely hope that everyone plays toward their personal win condition, regardless of their opinion on tactics used.
    Perhaps it's just my lackluster attendance as of late that makes me skeptical that a dying role would contribute. In that case I vote the mayor who I previously voted for to have Seer powers, rather than protection powers.
  • I think you're both thinking far too highly of the benevolence of SKPF'ers to assume they would contribute during their death throes.
    If someone decides to screw everyone over out of spite, that's their own problem. I can't control their actions. We're attempting to come up with something to win as a team, not to win as individuals. No one should be forced to degrade their own play to cater to sensitive egos. If someone doesn't want to be on the chopping block, they should convince us that they're also townsmen playing to win. If they can do that, they have nothing to worry about.
  • We don't have to lynch somebody, just because they were elected the suspicious mayor. The next day based on what they say we'll decide to lynch them or not. This is a game of information and convincing others, if you're elected the seer mayor convince us you're town the next day!
  • I'm actually rather fond of the idea of turning the mayor position into another threat of death. It allows for even more pressure on players who may not otherwise feel endangered. We should be able to gauge reactions, and make better decisions as a whole.
  • We don't have to lynch somebody, just because they were elected the suspicious mayor. The next day based on what they say we'll decide to lynch them or not. This is a game of information and convincing others, if you're elected the seer mayor convince us you're town the next day!
    I was kind of hoping no one would say this out loud. It's obvious, but the threat of killing the mayor needs to be real in order to make the decisions of the bad guys more difficult. If we take this path, I'm not giving any suspicious mayors an easy pass.
    My point was that you're artificially increasing the suspicion cast on that player with:
    We elect a seer-mayor who we think is actually a suspicious person, and if they don't die, we know they're scum.
    Furthermore, if the mayor sees a beneficial role, do we want them to call them out? Do we want everyone to know who Neo is? If that happens we lose his night powers, don't we?
  • In this particular WW ruleset, there is a way to pass information without posting it publicly. That's how we can avoid announcing neo or any other good role in the thread, while preserving the information. It's not without risk, but if the mayor-seer is a townie and paying attention they can work out what to do

• Furthermore, if the mayor sees a beneficial role, do we want them to call them out? Do we want everyone to know who Neo is? If that happens we lose his night powers, don't we?
    Of course not. Common sense should be used. Although it's not the end of the world. If neo is revealed, Tank protects Neo, and we have a confirmed town.
  • New votes:

Lynch Dogtown

His only contribution so far was to tell me not to do logic. This is a failure on every level. If he's town, he's being more useless than I know he used to be.

Elect Skydragon

He has one vote for himself, and absolutely no other participation thus far. I wouldn't mind killing him tomorrow.
  • edited June 2014
    Change from Mayor-Seer Meadows to Mayor-Seer Skydragon
  • I'm willing to try mayoring skydragon, but I'm not convinced on the dogtown lynch yet. Sure he might be being useless but I think there might be better lynch candidates
  • So tell me who they are SB. Make a case on a couple people.
  • I don't like the idea of giving mayor to somebody to get them killed. If I was scum and I saw a lame duck mayor, I'd leave him alone and go for high priority targets. I think that's kind of suspicious that you would use such a strategy, tbh.
  • edited June 2014
    Okay let's get started. The only people playing yet to post in here are:

Count
    Phantom
    Pie
    WhitWidow420
    Kurizujin7

Since we did just start I'm willing to give them a pass. However I'm willing to bet at most only 1 of those is mafia, maybe 2 if phantom is a mafia because she's so quiet as a mafia. I re-read the thread just now and took notes on the people that have posted:

Sky -- self mayor with protection *only voting
    Ty -- Lynch Loaf, no vote for mayor *only voting with a few 1 liners
    Unreliable -- Mayor zeal with protection *in discussion
    Mages -- Not voting, *in discussion
    Pheonix -- in discussion, not voting
    Az -- Mayor seer Mages *in discussion
    Cory -- Mayor Meadows with seer powers *kinda in discussion (afk at disney world)
    Daru -- 3rd to vote zeal mayor as seer *Voting only, with a few 1-liners
    Loaf -- Voted himself for mayor with protection, lynch Ty *only voting
    Meadows -- Self Mayor, protection then seer *only voting
    Ixtaccihuatl -- Mayorying self Seer powers *in discussion
    Kloudi -- No Votes, only a 1 liner (new to WW though)
    Dogtown -- single 1 liner
    Scientology -- protect-mayor ixta *in discussion
    Zeal -- Self Voting seer Mayor *voting only
    Narshe -- Self voting seer mayor *voting only

If I were to say who I think looks the most scummy at the moment, I'd say Darubian is pretty high up there. He was around for the beginning of the game with a couple of posts, but didn't add much to the discussion. He was the 3rd person to vote zeal as mayor. This to me looks like a mafia member hopping on an easy vote without trying to draw suspicious to himself. I'd like him to tell us why he voted zeal for mayor.

Ty voting to lynch loaf and just about nothing else is weird, but I don't think I'm willing to say I think he's super scummy at this point. Posts like this at the start is how Ty plays at the start of WW games.

Those are the 2 biggest people that stick out for me right now. I'd like to hear from both of them.
  • Mayor: The mayor will be a bit different this game, the mayor can have three powers. The ability to seer, kill or protect. The only catch is that the mayor is bound by the decision that the town makes. For example The town votes Mayor damdred, kill powers if the majority decides on killing power then it is so. If their is a vote tie the mayor decides who gets lynched, if their is a tie for powers he gets none for the night.

Here you go, kloudi
  • So since I am getting the hang of things

Mayor-Seer SB *shrugs* seems legit
  • and as for lynching ##Dogtown
  • Ideally, electing the Tank as Mayor-Seer would be the most beneficial imo. That would allow a seer and an option to protect/cancel. If by chance the Tank was figured out by say a Mayor-Seer... Then the Mayor-Seer would obviously vote for the Tank to be Mayor-Seer and all but the "baddies" would go along with that. Of course if the Mayor did not Seer the Tank or is an Evil, the mayor would vote themselves as Mayor again.

That being said and my trust in them...

Ixta for Seer-Mayor

Lynch Unreliable

Does a lot of talking and... doesnt make much sense to me.
  • That was a lot to read, lol (Even though I skipped half of it). I believe Mayor-Oracle with protection powers is the best way to go. That way, the Oracle can spy every night and protect themselves. Neo could spy on them to make sure that they're the Oracle as well. It's a risk but would work quite well if it paid off. The only downside is that Agent Smith would know exactly who to clone but I'm wondering whether he can still clone them if Tank used his ability or the Mayor-Oracle protected themselves?
  • those were a plentyful of words...so i take it the plan is mayor-cycling into sure post death information?

pie, tell me your doubts, i'll explain them for you...unless you're not talking about this thread, then you sadden me
  • wait, what? you guys want to throw the seer into a risky position right of the start?
  • *the oracle
  • A suggestion =/= Plan of action.
  • mayor Ixta-seer no lynch yet
  • Lol I'm guilty because I've been asleep.

Anyhow, I've just woken up and spent the last 15 minutes tackling 47 post of blah blah blah.

I am surprised that all the experience in this game failed to mention something. If we give mayor seer powers then why can't the mayor just confirm a person to be good without role revealing?

This in turn works the odds in our favor. Unless we stupidly give mayor to someone evil. As for my vote, I think it is time to give it to someone who will put use to it.

ixta - seer
  • This is day one talk rly? Goodness gracious me

lynch whitwidow or watever his name is cos he aint talkin and making the game boring

And can we like give mayor to some different ppl not cory and ixta everytime like yea
  • ok, can someone explain this plan with fewer words so the mindless mass can understand whats being proposed?