Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The Matrix WW (Smith Wins)

edited June 2014 in General
Count
Sky
Ty
Unreliable
Mages
Pheonix
SB
Az
Phantom
Pie
Cory
Daru
Loaf
Meadows
Ixtaccihuatl
Kloudi
WhitWidow420
Dogtown
Scientology
Kurizujin7
Zeal
Narshe

Good Roles:
Neo: He is the one, as he can do whatever he feels like in
the matrix he can choose each night if he wants to kill, seer
or create something. If Trinity dies Neo has the option to
revive her at a cost of two nights worth of actions. Each
power is a one use.

The Oracle: Can look into one person per night and see good
bad/abilities etc.

Tank: The operator he can pull one person per night out of
the matrix, protecting them but canceling any ability they
are using.

The Crew of the Nebuchadnezzar: Morpheous, Trinity, Cypher,
Mouse. The crew of the Nebuchadnezzar can enter the matrix
and as a team kill one person per night. Cypher is yet a
traitor once day 3 hits he is able to make contact with the
agents and make a deal with them. (I will not tell this group
who is who)

Evil:
The Architect: Knows the matrix back and forth and can
examine people in the matrix and see who they are.
Agent Jones and Brown: These are the ultimate computer
programs sent to wipe out any human existance. These two know
who each other are but do not know who the architect is or
who agent smith is.

Chaotic Evil:
Agent Smith: Agent Smith is the opposite of Neo he just wants
to bring destruction to everyone. He can do all the things
neo can do except past the second night he can turn one
person into a clone of himself. This clone will maintain his
original powers but will not have smiths powers, also
smith gains all prior knowledge that the person had. IE
if he transforms the oracle he now knows all the people they seered.

Rules

Time: Rounds will be divided into day and night cycles, the days will last roughly 16-24 hours depending on the amount of discussion being had. I very much would like everyone to get into this game and have lively debate instead of just posting lynch damdred mayor damdred it doesn't add much to the game.

Voting: An inactive is someone who does not post for two day cycles straight, you must post during these periods. I will only count bolded votes for mayor and lynch. If someone goes inactive and has a role they will be mod killed and their powers if they have any will be passed to a villager (so stay active villagers)

Mayor: The mayor will be a bit different this game, the mayor can have three powers. The ability to seer, kill or protect. The only catch is that the mayor is bound by the decision that the town makes. For example The town votes Mayor damdred, kill powers if the majority decides on killing power then it is so. If their is a vote tie the mayor decides who gets lynched, if their is a tie for powers he gets none for the night.

PMs: PMS are allowed, HOWEVER as you guys notice their are mirror roles, two seers and two neo type roles. It is up to you guys to believe or not believe who pms you and please have me in the conversation if you decide to go that route and hopefully you do not die.

Good Victory: All evil roles are erased from the game

Evil Victory: All good roles are purged from the system. Note that smith can gain a victory this way.

Smith Victory: Must survive till the end and neo must be dead or turned. (Only way smith can win if its 3 people left himself his clone and another or a 1 on 1 scenerio)

Lets have a good game if there are any questions post them story and roles incoming.

Comments

• (All roles have been handed out currently i will write the story)
  • "It is the year 2199, we finally have the machines on the run. The tide seemed like it would never turn in our favor, the hopefuls that were paraded infront of the Oracle were always rejected as not being The One to save us.

Now it is the humans time to save ourselves. We have found The One to save us, his name is Neo. He is the first human to ever kill an agent and the one who the machines fear the most.

Many of you are still plugged up, unable to accept that the world you live in is false, that the reality that you see and touch. it is just an illusion to control you."

The message flashed across the screen in a blink of an eye but everyone in the community saw it. They had known that something was off with the world but not what, they had always caught glimpses out of the corner of their eyes of things that shouldn't be that made their skin crawl of waking nightmares of machines. The Déjà vu that always accompanied these moments left the mind reeling.

A meeting was called, a meeting to discuss and decide what must be done. They couldn't live like this anymore in total subservient nature. It was time to rebel and free yourself from the system.

But not even your friends you have known for years are safe they each hide something deep inside be it evil or good. Who will you trust will your friend become your enemy and change shape...or will you be unplugged and help humanity.

Day 1 Begins: Will end Tuesday At around 10 PM Eastern Time
  • mayor damdred, seer power
  • edited June 2014
    ok, 5 and a half baddies...6 and a half goodies and a pack of civilians...

Lets do this!

mayor zeality, protection powers

lynch on hold
  • Where is this meeting happening btw?
  • (if it helps immersion its taking place in a park in the matrix. During the night phase everyone is about the city besides the person tank pulls out)
  • *starts playing in one of the swings while people gather up*
  • edited June 2014
    We should try a mass declare. Some of us will die, but any time we catch somebody lying we can instantly lynch them. This way as long as we have a majority we will win. We don't want a mafia sweep

I'm a normal townie, no powers.

• mayor me, protection powers

Lynch ty

• edited June 2014
    Day 1 and don't know who to trust, so SkyDragon for Mayor - Protection powers
  • We should try a mass declare. Some of us will die, but any time we catch somebody lying we can instantly lynch them. This way as long as we have a majority we will win. We don't want a mafia sweep

I'm a normal townie, no powers.

might as well fix it...

"all of us will die"
  • ok, 5 and a half baddies...6 and a half goodies and a pack of civilians...

Lets do this!

mayor zeality, protection powers

lynch on hold
    Why the vote for Zeal?
  • i dont think voting for myself has ever worked in my lifetime

since mayor will have no seer or killing powers, might as well choose someone to gather information from by his choice of protection
  • this is my reason for doing this, but of course we can also assuming other possibilites...

I could be Crew or Jones&Brown and want to fool people into thinking he's in my team...
    He can be my teammate and i'm trying to missguide others by hiding in plain sight...
    I could be town or a lone role trying to make people think i'm something else...
    I could have no plan at all...
  • *be assuming
  • edited June 2014
    There are only 5 bad guys, 17 good guys. The rules don't say if the architect knows agents jones and brown, but they don't know him.

Smith knows nobody

Cypher can't do anything until day 3

So if we all declare now, we'll have an easy set of information to accurately deduce who's lying. 2 Of anything means we lynch the other if the first 1 is wrong. This way, we don't need to worry about losing our seer. After everybody has declared we work from there.

If mafia doesn't claim roles and claims townies, we use our declared seer to figure who's lying, based on thread voting/activity/etc...

The only townie who shouldn't delcare is tank. He should stay back and protect whoever is needed every night. He should only reveal if he's a daily vote lycnch target.

If we do this, we'll win. Mafia won't want to do it for obvious reasons, but if we can get enough support behind it, we'll win
  • If we're against a mass claim (which we shouldn't be), then all we need is the oracle to come forward. Tank stay in the shadows and protect her nightly. If we have 2 in this case, it'll become a simple matter to deduce who's lying.
  • hum...gonna think about this accurately deduction part...
  • oh, you dont mean everyone declaring at the same time...the point is having 2 declares/day?
  • edited June 2014
    Even if things go awry and we lose our oracle, we'll potentially kill the only mafia who knows who more than 1 other mafia. (If mod could clear up who exactly architect knows is mafia that would be nice). That would mean there's a chance mafia could fuck each other up.

With 17 good guys we have a lot of room to maneuver, and should take advantage of it. If oracle declares there's only 2 scenarios:

1. Only 1 person claims to be oracle. Tank protects her at night, and she tells us who she saw during the day.

2. 2 Oracles declare. In this situation we try to verify quickly who is telling the truth, and make a lynch. If we're wrong, we lynch architect the next day (or the morpheus crew kills him at night). Suddenly there's only 4 baddies left, and only 2 of them know each other.

I guess a third scenario would be if 2 oracles declared and we lynched the right one. But any of these options are very good, and would almost guarantee town the game
  • oh, you dont mean everyone declaring at the same time...the point is having 2 declares/day?
    I did mean everybody declare, but I think the oracle declaration scenario is probably a better option overall. That way only 1 person has to make a move and we can protect her.
  • edited June 2014
    lol, i just caught myself wondering...if we gave mayor killing power today...would he use it?

and since its the town who decided on his power, does he actually have the option to not use it? (@damdred)
  • (All mayors have option to not use power if they choose i guess that's up to them)
  • We defo should be going for seer powers right now, not protection powers. There's a chance we'll mayor a mafia, but seer powers are far more valuable for town. We need to solve who's mafia. We don't need protection powers for the Oracle (who I really hope declares), tank can do that.

We should give seer powers to the mayor, and the Oracle should investigate him. Tank should protect Oracle (please oracle claim your role publicly).

The only reason a mayor would want protection powers right now, is to protect a mafia from dying in the night. We don't know who to protect, and tank can handle the oracle on his own. Seer power is much more valuable.
  • I wanna be the frickin' mayor. with le powers of SAVING LIVES!
  • edited June 2014
    I agree with mages... All this talk about mass reveal sounds like the work of a program to me... not to mention if Neo and Smith reveal themselves 1 how would we know that they're not lying and 2 what's to stop them from killing each other the day they are revealed then good and bad lose 2 pivotal roles out of the starting line
  • who's to say he cant' invent something to turn yet ANOTHER person?
    Which is why we need to get the ball rolling as soon as possible.
  • actually sb is probably right, i think i'd prefer the power of THE ALL SEEING EYE
  • I agree with mages... All this talk about mass reveal sounds like the work of a program to me... not to mention if Neo and Smith reveal themselves 1 how would we know that they're not lying and 2 what's to stop them from killing each other the day they are reveal then good and bad lose 2 pivotal roles out of the starting line
    This would be overall a good thing. There are 5 bad guys, 17 good guys. If both sides lose 1, that's in favor of the good guys.
  • I'll meadows for mayor with seeing powers