Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The Matrix WW (Smith Wins)

Comments

• SB that would take out 2 of the most important roles
  • Ahhh I didn't read that tank's ability cancelled the reading ability. In that case protection might be useful for mayor. I'll have to think about this a little bit
    SB that would take out 2 of the most important roles
    So? If I had to choose between neo dying and smith dying, or neo living and smith living, I'd choose them both dying, because it's better odds for the good guys to win.
  • edited June 2014
    Program Silent Butterfly, i'm not sure your execution makes sense. You suggest that good has a majority of players, yet you think the odds of us electing a mayor that is [Value=/= Mafia, Error in Line 1 ] "mafia" is probable, is an undefined error.

How did you come to this line of thinking? The odds of us electing a player are absolute, regardless of affiliation.

There are only 5 bad guys, 17 good guys.

I didn't say it was likely, but it is a possibility that should be accounted for.

But since tank isn't a doctor, but instead a jailkeeper, a mass declare would be the best option. It would allow us to win the game very easily.
  • Can the mayor self protect?
  • edited June 2014
    There is a virus in the system, crash the mainframe.
  • Not necessarily... If one of the 2 lies and one doesn't then You could potentially be eliminating 1 good or 1 bad which could tip the scales to one side
  • edited June 2014
    Not necessarily... If one of the 2 lies and one doesn't then You could potentially be eliminating 1 good or 1 bad which could tip the scales to one side
    I'm not sure of the scenario you are describing. If 1 lies and the other doesn't, does that mean both are claiming neo? I can't imagine both would claim smith (that'd be really bad play on the part of neo).

Nobody will claim smith, it'd be foolish to do so.
  • If neo is inactive and everybody refuses to claim, we're gonna have a rough enough time as is.
  • Are there any limits on what neo and smith can "create?"
  • well, i'm not going to be part of "maneuver room" because we all know what that means...
  • edited June 2014
    All the same - mass revealing has a very low success rate, run the equation in your background process. It takes very little time to compute. We have much daylight left, what we need to be doing right now is feeling each other out instead of taking rash actions, as a mass declare would be.

If everyone reveals, it is no longer The Matrix. The MysteryElement.EXE will close and appeal.dll will close unexpectedly.
    If everybody mass declared right now we would win. It wouldn't have a low success rate. I can post out the possibilities, but if mafia claim any role but town, there would be 2 claimed of that role and at worst we'd have to lynch both. If they claim vanilla townies, our publicly declared good guys mop up. It'd be 100% success guaranteed because of the mafia-good guy ratio.

Not to mention the fact that mafia don't know each other to the full extent is going to make coordinating harder.

You're right the mystery element would close, but it would guarantee town a win. Mafia would have to be excellent players to stave off a loss at that point
  • We have much daylight left, what we need to be doing right now is feeling each other out instead of taking rash actions.

Alright which one of you cupped my butt....
  • arent we all here to beat the system? we're no longer a part of it, about time we start fighting it.

but if i'm neo and someone claims to be me, i wouldnt come out...

there are unknown variables i'm still not aware of...
  • edited June 2014
    arent we all here to beat the system? we're no longer a part of it, about time we start fighting it.

but if i'm neo and someone claims to be me, i wouldnt come out...

there are unknown variables i'm still not aware of...
    If you are neo and somebody else claims neo (and you stay silent), it's gonna be mighty hard to convince the town that you are neo when the time comes.
  • Or Neo could just kill off the person who is claiming to be them...
  • Maybe, or maybe he'll be protected because we think he's neo and our neo is hiding.

Not to mention we still have no idea what the inventions are capable of doing. (Mod are there any limits to neo/smith inventing powers/inventions?)
  • (There are limits)
  • (There are limits)
    Vague very vague
  • (There are limits)
    Is this going to be specified? What are the limits?

• But not even your friends you have known for years are safe they each hide something deep inside be it evil or good.
    i dont trust any of you enough to risk exposing myself and getting smithzimized
  • (There are limits)
    i'm sure the inventor will be notified of limits upon secretly declaring to mod what his invention is...
  • (There are limits)
    i'm sure the inventor will be notified of limits upon secretly declaring to mod what his invention is...
    Yes that's great and all, but how are we supposed to know what neo and smith are capable of if we have no idea what the limits of their powers might be.

What if neo makes an invention that reveals everybody instantly the next day? What if smith makes an invention that converts the mayor to a smith every time we elect a mayor?

If we aren't allowed to know any of the parameters that they have to abide by at all, then how are we supposed to deduce anything.
  • (There are limits)
    Yes that's great and all, but how are we supposed to know what neo and smith are capable of if we have no idea what the limits of their powers might be.

What if neo makes an invention that reveals everybody instantly the next day? What if smith makes an invention that converts the mayor to a smith every time we elect a mayor?

If we aren't allowed to know any of the parameters that they have to abide by at all, then how are we supposed to deduce anything.
    Welcome to ww...
  • Your examples of inventions are a little bit irrealistic. We're no longer slaves of the matrix. Spoons exist.

• Well if we have absolutely no idea of the parameters they have to abide by, there's no point in trying to figure out anything until we've seen what the inventions do
  • mayor mages, seer powa
  • Well if we have absolutely no idea of the parameters they have to abide by, there's no point in trying to figure out anything until we've seen what the inventions do
    trust the higher power...we're free from matrix, but ironically, some sort of god still exists?
  • There won't be ant game ending inventions or revealing
  • There won't be ant game ending inventions or revealing
    is that what this is to you? an ant game?!?!? :P
  • zeal for mayor seer powers cool