Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

KISS - Dryads In The Village (Good Game, Town Wins)

15678911»

Comments

• edited January 2014
    Mystery was the best part, so props on that!
    I wouldn't mind future WW games adopting it. You guys guessed everything from 3-5. I decided on 3 because I figured one or two of the good guy roles would be picked off. Walls did the math, he said 3 bad guys means a 57% of winning for the mafia before adding good roles. So you can say they had a 40-50% chance of winning going in.

Also, the mystery idea was all SkyDragon's, so props to him.
  • Sb and sky also suck :p
    But you acted so damn suspicious though! I'd see you posting everywhere but here, lol. I remember a couple of others did that a couple of WW games ago but I didn't push it enough at the time. Oh well, 3 out of 4 ain't bad when voting to lynch - Voted for Walls, Ghosted, you and Mages. :p
    Also, the mystery idea was all SkyDragon's, so props to him.
    You did it well though, mate. Not knowing the enemy numbers, in my opinion, adds to the mystery and makes for a more interesting game. Thanks for the game, Cory. :)

Well played, guys. We utterly destroyed the bad guys.

Flazer - See, being Vigilante isn't as easy as it seems, is it? :p
  • i liked this game
  • 'Twas a good one. I love the basic rules WW.

Though there should have been 4-5 Dryads.
  • I'm happy to back you up, Zeal.

Change my vote to lynch Mages
    wtf am i chop liver? lol
    Just saw your comment. Sorry, but I was a little suspicious of you during the game. :)

I'd swear that Zeal had written to trust him on the Mages vote, which is why I changed my vote. I think he edited his comment afterwards because it's not there anymore or I may have been seeing things, lol.
  • hahaha would i lie :)
  • edited January 2014
    Number of mafioso should be the square root of the total number of players to have a 50% chance of winning. Since SQRT(27) = 5.196, it's quite obvious why the villagers won.

The above formula was developed with the good side only having detectives as additional roles. With protection and vigilante there should have been ~6 Dryads.

Sauce: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mafia_(party_game)#Game_experience_and_strategy
  • Sci, that is an idea for your ww webpage. Add in a calc for calculating the optimum amount of baddies based on town size and number of good villager roles.

Yes, 3 was a little low, but had walls and ghosted not gone day 1&2 it would have gone differently. Same with some of the night time picks.
  • edited January 2014
    OMG FINE I'LL ACTUALLY WORK ON IT. JESUS!

But I'm going to use a framework I'm not familiar with, so I don't lose interest in a matter of hours.
  • It would've gone even better if Walls and Ghosted had stayed quiet. They talked way too much and made it too easy for people.
  • doesn't vigilante work both ways though? potentially 2 innocents dying per night.
  • Wait, if loaf spied on me as a druid, why didn't he fess up when I ws up for lunch? Dick!
  • heh, well For my first WW it went okay lol. Glad it ended well with me not being lynched, but now i know exactly how to act on the next WW. Be it innocent or Cold Blooded Murderer
  • Dam you vigilante killing me