Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The Hockey Thread (ey?)

Comments

• that poor poor fan base
  • Someone should put Eakins out of his misery. There is no way a guy can be head coach and take that abuse every game. They have lost the fans completely.

I actually feel bad for Oilers fans too at this point. They were so patient there and all management has given them in return is promises of a better future.

I wouldn't say MacT is completely a lost cause at this point, he seems like the best they have had in a while. It it s bit of a red flag that for two years in a row that he thought goaltending issues were "solved" with dubious solutions at best though. Lowe to me is the first one that should go. I don't feel like he did much good his entire time in Edmonton.
  • Go Sens Go
    my homeboys
  • Edmonton Oilers ✔ @EdmontonOilers
    Follow
    "I applaud our fans for the way they handled that tonight... Our fans showed real class today towards our players." - Coach Eakins
    1:53 AM - 23 Nov 2014
  • awww snap, someone is breaking lol
  • Edmonton Oilers ✔ @EdmontonOilers
    Follow
    "I applaud our fans for the way they handled that tonight... Our fans showed real class today towards our players." - Coach Eakins
    1:53 AM - 23 Nov 2014
  • edited November 2014
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=V-KAoQ6mgNk#t=41
  • So I watched my first Hockey game of the season and the Preds looked not so good against the Hurricanes last night.
  • The hurricanes attendance was brutal.

The wings should have beat the panthers, but I'm glad my leafs beat the stars.
  • Wings look good this weekend.
  • The Canucks have been playing well as of late, but if Miller keeps his play up he will be our downfall.
  • Miller is an american hero and I wish him the best of puck luck up in BC.
  • I agree he is an american hero. Hopefully he is the starter for team USA next time he gets.
  • Quick was a solid pick for the last olympics but that team didn't gel like they should have. Life goes on.
  • edited December 2014
    Quick can be dominant obviously, but he is just like any goalie. Sometimes when you are on a bad streak as a goalie it is like golf where people notoriously get in strange funks. USA looked very good the last two olympics. I think they will be a perennial contender for the championship. Sucks they ran into everything.
  • Canada OP

If I got kicked out of the US I would head north to gods country.
  • EDDIE EDDIE EDDIE
  • This organization is really doing their best to test my resolve. Lucky for them I have the fortitude of a monk!

I liked MacT's attempt to throw the "previous management" under the bus, as though the fan base is too stupid to realize only 1 man changed since then.

I love the moves MacT made, genuinely think he did the best he could with what he was given. Many sources agree the Oilers are getting shafted in every trade offer, so to pick up the guys we got is good. But when you get your own players saying " our boys have no drive, they accept a defeat and are still smiling after the game" there's a fuckin problem.

At this point, new players won't cut it. There needs to be a mood change, clean house. KLowe is just the start, but its a start. Itll get the fanbase behind you, then build from there. Any one whose played a sport can agree, having the fans on your side is a huuuuuge impact. The Oilers are always playing Away with how the mood at Rexall is.

/endrant
  • I still haven't watched the Preds win this season...I should stop watching Hockey...they do much better when I don't watch.
  • it must piss you off that calgary is on the upswing now huh zeal lol
  • It is a false positive...I don't see Calgary keeping this up for much longer in that conference. Remember a couple years ago when the oil had a strong Oct/Nov? They still ended with a lotto pick.
  • also the sens fired maclean today, reason is i have no idea :(
  • Sens need to find new owners
  • the sharks knock it out of the park every year
  • little bummed some of the old guys werent in it, big joe is a comedian and could have brought his ventriloquist doll with him again

another solid entry
  • Yeah agree, what those guys do is pretty amazing. Every year they come up with something cheesy but awesome at the same time. Dunno why other teams don't do some stuff that is not always so srs business hockey.