Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The Hockey Thread (ey?)

Comments

• Basketball fucking sucks
    Agreed.
  • edited August 2014
    Pssh, Basketball rocks... baseball... now baseball sucks!
  • http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/bettman-taking-it-slow-with-nhl-expansion/

Expansion Locations: Quebec City, Seattle, Toronto, Las Vegas.

-I think QC is gonna be a success, but it is gonna be a hard market to be a fan. Yet another place no one will want to play.

-Seattle is really smart, I think that will be a better market than tons of places in the central/southern US. Like a team like St Louis is doing as well as they do and almost dead last in revenue? Something is wrong with some of these markets.

- Toronto- no brainer, will automatically become top 5 revenue team. Slam dunk for NHL.

- Las Vegas- Doomed to fail. You thought Phoenix was bad, this is terribad, Phoenix is a big city! No sports team has succeeded on this market- period. Dumbest idea the NHL has ever had and that's saying something.
  • edited August 2014
    The smart thing to do is to expand 2 and move two, but they want their expansion money. 32 or 28 teams is more even than 30 or 34.
  • I hope this has been said.

It's spelt "eh" you fucking moron.

• http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/bettman-taking-it-slow-with-nhl-expansion/

Expansion Locations: Quebec City, Seattle, Toronto, Las Vegas.

-I think QC is gonna be a success, but it is gonna be a hard market to be a fan. Yet another place no one will want to play.

-Seattle is really smart, I think that will be a better market than tons of places in the central/southern US. Like a team like St Louis is doing as well as they do and almost dead last in revenue? Something is wrong with some of these markets.

- Toronto- no brainer, will automatically become top 5 revenue team. Slam dunk for NHL.

- Las Vegas- Doomed to fail. You thought Phoenix was bad, this is terribad, Phoenix is a big city! No sports team has succeeded on this market- period. Dumbest idea the NHL has ever had and that's saying something.
    QFT.

Been saying for awhile that Seattle is a smash hit... any one who has been there can see the passion for hockey that city has. Also, Seattle is close to Vancouver... I'd have to assume there's some rivalry there, so another plus.

QC =Montreal, aka please god don't send me there.

As Jeff said on Toronto, duh.

Las Vegas... not sure. I don't know Vegas history on sports franchises, but I know they aren't hockey fans. That being said, Phoenix is a fair bit away. If I'm already in Vegas and my teams are in town, I'll for sure buy tickets.

I see this playing a way larger role in attendance, albeit I wouldn't count this as a win for the franchise. Just profits by extension from fans that already happen to be in Vegas.
  • Yeah, Vegas is an instafailure.

"Eh", gives more of an "Meh" sound in my mind. If that is what you are going for, that is fine. I am thinking of more of the sound "ey" like "hey" makes. I think the non-word is unofficially spelled "eh", but I don't give a shit.

But thanks for visiting.
  • Yeah, Newb did it more like an onomatopoeia instead of the word being said.
  • I don't care where they put teams, but do it in a round 4 division number.

The PA will be all for this because it means more jobs (and more union dues)

"Eh", gives more of an "Meh" sound in my mind. If that is what you are going for, that is fine. I am thinking of more of the sound "ey" like "hey" makes. I think the non-word is unofficially spelled "eh", but I don't give a shit.

But thanks for visiting.
    If you aint Canadian, shut your mouth.

If you are Canadian, you're a disgrace.

Eh.
  • I'm not canadian, but thanks for stopping by my thread.
  • Starkingdoms... proving Canadians are assholes too for over 14 years.
  • Willing to go on the sword over the spelling of ey.
  • thats okay most people dont even know how to properly use the expression eh

either way Cory, youre alright and for the topics above seattle should for sure get one, id drive down for a game or 2
  • I know that most canadians like me, so my ego isn't bruised.

Expansion fees for 4 new teams is like 1.4bil for the NHL. Wow
  • my ex from Michigan would always say eh when she'd mean whatever. most states that touch Canada are mostly hockey fans imo and we all know that minnesota, michigan and massachusetts have awesome hockey programs.

all i'm concearned about is what the sens will lose if they have 4 expansion teams in the coming years :(
  • hopefully everything lol loose it all fuckers
  • edited August 2014
    Look on the bright side Smith. After next off season when Ryan leaves, the expansion teams will basically have nothing left to take.
  • It is tough to be a sens fan...I'm pulling for the leafs because my wings are due for a crumble.
  • Let's go leafs and the stupid canuckle heads, who are getting harder and harder to cheer for
  • I'm ready for my Kings to take another cup
  • stfu jeff, hopefully Ryan is a team guy and he'll stay with Turris and Mac for a long time to come
  • Justin Schultz hasn't been signed... Haven't read news but if I had to hazard a guess I'd say he's arguing that the 6mil contracts the kids signed were done while the cap was lower. So he expects 7mil+

Or the Oil are low balling him due to his sub par performance (great offensive but led to too many goals from shit defensive play).
  • Also just to brag some more cause fuck you smith and Jeff. Hallsy has a caphit of what 6mil a year until 2020? Not bad for someone who is going to be competing for top LW in the league ;)
  • edited August 2014
    Justin Schultz hasn't been signed... Haven't read news but if I had to hazard a guess I'd say he's arguing that the 6mil contracts the kids signed were done while the cap was lower. So he expects 7mil+

Or the Oil are low balling him due to his sub par performance (great offensive but led to too many goals from shit defensive play).
    As I was typing this he got signed to a one year 3.75mil contract. So stoked on that... Maybe we over paid a bit, but he could still become an elite dman. I'll take that gamble any day... If we have a good year, he will for sure re-sign.
  • Justin Schultz hasn't been signed... Haven't read news but if I had to hazard a guess I'd say he's arguing that the 6mil contracts the kids signed were done while the cap was lower. So he expects 7mil+

As I was typing this he got signed to a one year 3.75mil contract. So stoked on that... Maybe we over paid a bit, but he could still become an elite dman. I'll take that gamble any day... If we have a good year, he will for sure re-sign.
    from what you said he sounds like a Karlsson type of shit D but awesome forward on D lol cut him loose man, your team will be better for it
  • He's young and tried to be the one man show. He will be gone by end of season if he doesn't show some defensive upside.
  • "Norris potential" and he's sure most in the hockey universe would agree?

No. But a good show me deal for both sides.