Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The Hockey Thread (ey?)

Comments

• Ashnod is using internet explorer
  • Ashnod is using internet explorer
    Yeah...freaking slow..
  • It is hard to imagine but the Toronto franchise has completely exploded. This has got to be the low point in a long time. Maybe hasn't found the bottom. Love it.

Also love the buyout proof David Clarkson contract.

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/david-clarkson-contract-toronto-maple-leafs/

Shanny seems like a moron who will try to hire enough good hockey people to save his neck. His day is coming soon though. First he will use his freebie and fire Nonis. That will probably buy him a couple more years anyway.
  • Shanny gets at least 2-3 big firings before they consider cutting him. He was handed this tire fire for the most part. If he can land Babcock it will be a different story.
  • Nelson has been a slice to watch coach my boys. Ference has been a huge letdown, all talk no muscle or talent apparently. Nikitin as well, what a fucking waste of money.

On the other hand Nuge has been a treat and they've shown bursts of good hockey. Damn shame they've got such shitty management/history.

I loved Jamie Benn/Seguins ragging on the Sedin sisters hahaha classic hockey smack talk. Critics are talking how unsportsmanlike it is and how unlike hockey it is to joke about someone's sexuality. LOL what. These guys have clearly never played hockey.
  • edited February 2015
    Yeah, I am in the process of arguing on a Canucks board about how so many people are being sensitive about this very issue. You see on most Canucks Internet message boards the Sedins are the salt of the earth and it's almost like they feel like they are duty bound to defend their honor.

They have been comparing this to Sean Avery and his "sloppy seconds" comment. I have said it a lot but hockey fans on the Internet amaze me. As hockey fans you picture these like more jocky thicker skin kind of people, who know what the game is like And can give it and take it.

Nope. Some of the most sensitive people I have ever met. Getting all righteously indignant about what some hockey player said on the radio about another player.
  • Makes no sense. Every team ive played for, if you had thin skin you wouldnt last the week. There was always a few kinda quiet shy types but for he most part it was gay jokes all over the place.
  • so tradecenter is going to be dull this year lol
  • so tradecenter is going to be dull every year lol
  • I am evolving as a hockey fan. My apathy with the Oilers has caused me to become a more well rounded fan! Stage 3 is acceptance isn't it?
  • I am evolving as a hockey fan. My apathy with the Oilers has caused me to become a more well rounded fan! Stage 3 is acceptance isn't it?
    Good for you zeal, and yes I think that is stage 3. Keep up the good work.
    settle down! i miss jay and dan too, sportscentre isn't the same without them
  • ∆ truth. Jay and Dan made sportscentre... And I can't handle Sportsnet. Bunch of fuckin clowns, they have butchered anything resembling good hockey discussions.
  • Well its been busy. Not sure the wings need Erik Cole but whatever. Why do the yotes have to retain half of yandles salary? Do you guys suspect any blockbusters today?
  • Petry for a bag of pucks. Like for fucks sakes, I honestly don't understand what the thought process is behind my management... I'm sure they aren't completely retarded, as they got these jobs somehow. But WHAT THE FUCK
  • i missed the first 40 minuts of tradecenter :( so at this pointi don't see anything huge happenning
    This wiseguy
  • So I get the Stars' game scores in my news feed on facebook, and I've noticed that there are a lot of highs coring games. Is that just Dallas, or is scoring up lately?
  • Kari lettingoalsin is having his biannual "off year"
  • Lol if it already wasn't demoralizing playing defense or goal for Edmonton.
  • The peg better make the playoffs. I feel so bad for that fan base. Plus the central need some first round fodder
  • You know...if the Predators would start playing in the first period that would help...
  • so nobody is going to answer my newb question?
  • so nobody is going to answer my newb question?
    Cory answered you and I quoted him.
    well he should have told me that before i took him in my family hockey pool :( that and i should have looked for rinne cuz no one said his name at the time double :(
  • edited March 2015
    so nobody is going to answer my newb question?
    Kari lettingoalsin is having his biannual "off year"
    so nobody is going to answer my newb question?
    Cory answered you and I quoted him.
  • Florida is hosting an open tryout for goaltending. Like, I could fly there and try out. :|

• Its a PR stunt but it would be fun :)