Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The Hockey Thread (ey?)

Comments

• I'd say that's a good price for Schultz
  • edited August 2014
    I'm with Smith on this one. I am sure Schultz has a just wonderful corsi though :p

I think that is an overpayment for Schultz really but I guess in a league where a lot is based on pure point totals it could have been a lot worse.

Was he really looking for 6 or is that some kind of rumor? I hope so lol!
  • No way he was, he wouldn't have singed for 3.75 too risky if he has a Shitty season .
  • Nah I was just speculating based on the shit I've seen so far. Glad to see he wasn't that insane... We paid a premium but really it was a cheap gamble that could pay off.

• i want karlsson on that deal lol i'm stuck with that joker for a while :(
  • To be fair, was anyone good on D on the oulers last year?
  • I should clarify that when I say I agree with Smith it is not because of Karlsson. I think he is out to lunch there. I think Karlsson is probably the 1-2nd best Dman in the NHL going forward. Karlson and Schultz are not comparable.

Despite the "norris trophy potential" MacT sees I am not buying it on Schultz. His dream upside is Brian Campbell but he is no where near there yet.
  • Karlson top 5. Schultz top....30? He has to prove himself.
  • until he plays better defense, he's shit to me
  • He'd make a decent winger baha.
    I hope he got better in the offseason.
  • Karlson made the same steps forward to not being a complete shitshow in his own end that schultz needs to.
  • edited August 2014
    I was his biggest critic in getting the Norris for the very reason that he is not there yet on the defensive side of the puck. Is his defense though even though it wasn't in my opinion a norris style performance, he was a dominant player in the league as a defenseman at a young age. The way he drove the offense for he Sens that year was impressive.

However, it's not like Karlsson is poor defensively like Subban for example. I think his problems are pretty much from getting burned in trying to be too aggressive on the pinch or in the offensive zone in general. I think he is ok in the neutral zone and defensive end positionally.
  • the difference between subban and karlsson is that subban plays with his heart and karlsson plays with his mind. sometimes erik gets too creative and blunders, his giveaways and takeaway pretty much offset each other but he's still a minus player which isn't good if you're a defenseman. yes he's young and i hear defenseman develop slower than forwards do. reluctantly i admit he is one of the faces of the franchise and as such that comes with the pressure of having to be a better player on the ice in all zones. like i said, till he matures up i'm going to stay on the he's shit at d boat
  • Team Odds
    Chicago Blackhawks 13/2
    Los Angeles Kings 9/1
    Boston Bruins 10/1
    Anaheim Ducks 12/1
    Pittsburgh Penguins 12/1
    St. Louis Blues 12/1
    San Jose Sharks 14/1
    Minnesota Wild 16/1
    New York Rangers 16/1
    Tampa Bay Lightning 16/1
    Colorado Avlanache 18/1
    Montreal Canadiens 18/1
    Dallas Stars 20/1
    Detroit Red Wings 22/1
    Philadelphia Flyers 28/1
    Columbus Blue Jackets 33/1
    Toronto Maple Leafs 40/1
    Vancouver Canucks 40/1
    Washington Capitals 40/1
    Edmonton Oilers 50/1
    New Jersey Devils 50/1
    Arizona Coyotes 66/1
    Carolina Hurricanes 66/1
    New York Islanders 66/1
    Ottawa Senators 66/1
    Winnipeg Jets 66/1
    Buffalo Sabres 75/1
    Calgary Flames 75/1
    Florida Panthers 75/1
    Nashville Predators 75/1

How bout them apples tho
  • Mmmmm 20/1 on the dark horse stars..... Wouldn't be a bad $50 bet.
  • welp at least we're not the worst Canadian team haha that's a positive
  • PREDATORS! I want last place to myself... stupid Sabres/Flames/Panthers.
  • you get nothing and like it!
  • Gotta love the FL panthers.
  • Dick getting hard. Draisaitl is already playing like an established player, expect great things from him :)
  • Loilers 4on1 coverage is still a fuck up but meh they'll fix it
  • Preseason blaaaaaah
  • Think MacT knows what he's doing?
  • edited October 2014
    Or should I say Mr Creepy.

• gif of the year
  • GO KINGS. C'mon
  • I liked that game.