Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The Hockey Thread (ey?)

Comments

• edited December 2014
    Oh also, Jonathan Bernier thoughts on commemorating one year since Nelson Mandela's death:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=C672Up6g2KM
  • i just don't understand who the fuck bernier was thinking of when he was answering that question LOL geez
  • Blah

Habs won!!! Woot1
  • Eakins fired, MacT replaces him.

I was really worried there that the circus would end. At least it is a step in the right direction.
  • Can't say I'm disappointed. Eakins had a sour attitude, ambitious but didn't pan out. MacT was never the problem so I will stand by this move, we will see who replaces him.
  • I used to believe in MacT but now I am not so sure. I think the best thing that could ever happen to the Oilers is to get rid of Lowe, MacT and Howson and find a real hockey guy to start over.

Also, the Oilers really need an answer for plays like this:

• I agree but it won't happen, so I have to take what I can. Katz has stated Lowe makes him too much money which is utter bullshit.

I liked Fasth yelling at the boys, they really are fucking failures. It's embarrassing watching some plays and being like "yup, I'm better than that".
  • Ducks have won 7 in a row....
  • Toddddd nelson ladies and gents
  • But some weird transition from MacT the proven NHL coach whose word is beyond repute.
  • edited January 2015
    Oilers trade Perron to Pittsburgh for Klinkhammer and a 1st round pick.

God damn. I don't care what the upside is, or the fact that Perron was going to leave any way. That guy was the best trade we've made and now he's gone for a winger that isn't any thing special, and a late round pick.

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
  • edited January 2015
    He is going to put up 35 points in the pit
  • He is going to put up 35 points in the pit
    In 35 or less games, yup.
  • You can start rooting for a new team if you want zeal. Just have a 2nd favorite that doesn't blow so hard.
  • I do. Been a longtime fan of the Hawks and an even bigger fan since they picked up Toews.

My "underdog" team has been Tampa since they grabbed Stamkos, and now that they have Calahan as well I'm really enjoying them.

But, nothing compares to my love of the Oilers... they just suck so damn hard.
  • They do suck. But you can enjoy Johny T and Kaner and Stammer while your oil figure it out.

I have been an abusive leafs fan for a few years. Probably since around the Kessel trade.
  • Hey...I saw two goals in the outdoor game and then work took me away. That is all...just reporting on my Hockering.
  • Hey...I saw two goals in the outdoor game and then work took me away. That is all...just reporting on my Hockering.
    lol good job dole,

I honestly have no fucking clue what the oilers leadership is doing, they are fucking retarded. I mean that in the nicest way possible, I mean I dont understand how you can fuck up what you have so bad. They should be the next chicago blackhawks with their level of pics (how many firsts and top 5s?) Yet they cant get management to maket he moves to make the players want to come to edmonton. The best thing they can do now is bomb the shit out of the rest of the season and get mcdavid. AND hope to christ they can attract some good players in the off season

• The thing is, a first pick isn't a first pick isnt a first pick. People say "Hall and Crosby are the same they just had different teams"... Which is fucking silly. Hall is great, and maybe could have gotten better faster under someone else, but generational talents are not drafted every year. We picked a god awful stretch to tank, we had shitty scouts, bad development coaches and shitty ownership.

We should be way better than we are but alas due to bad management and honestly the weather does factor in to it.

Perron trade was tough, cause he has heart and skill. But he was going to be leaving us soon anyway, so if you are going to lose a player you can at least get a first round pick out of him.

Lowemustgo if only to increase morale in the city and the team. But I also happen to think he's a moron.
  • He is a moron, Yeah people dont want to play in -40, but put crosby or malkin or ovechkin or toews up in edmonton and you will attract people. They have a young exciting team. Hall is no crosby but you cant tell me that drafted on another team he would be a flourishing top line player. EG see seguin. Majority of picks from edmonton have been top line calibur players, even picking up schultz, wasnt every team int he NHL after him? They have a very good group of players just no one around them and I dont know whats behind the scenes but management needs to do something and that may be looking at moving one of their first round picks that they have before losing them
  • Perron must be some kind of problem.

This is the second time as still a relatively young player that he was traded when I don't see why you would. He produces well for his money.
  • edited January 2015
    ^^ good point crash. Could be a ribiero situation. Possibly a partier and it wasn't good for the young room.
  • where the fuck do you party in edmonton? lol also even if they get mcdavid or eichel or hannefin(a need they MUST take care of) they're going to a shitty management that'll develop them into mediocre players. katz needs to gut the entire management. every single person from the GM to the stick boy imo
  • Also, send Drasaitl back to junior after burning a year of entry level contract, AND just days after missing out on an opportunity to represent his country at WJC.
  • holy shit did they really do that?
  • edited January 2015
    I wonder what Winnipeg's record is after Maurice told the reporter that "I would make you fucking cry in that room" after suggesting that the Jets lacked accountability in the locker room.

They have been on a tear. Good coach.
  • Hey I just want to add that the Preds are rocking while I can.
  • And Canada won!!! woot!