Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hungry Like The Wolf

edited October 2013 in General
Werewolf

Werewolf takes place in a turn basis. One night turn followed by a day turn. Every player with a nighttime role makes their move during the night period by messaging the narrator, and then joins all of the other players, known as villagers, in selecting a player to burn at the stake during the day period.

Setting:
A small villages lies peacefully in the countryside, bordered on the west by a dark and wild wood; everyone in the village has their jobs and the community lives happily. However, one dark and stormy night, two poachers went out hunting and encountered something that forever changed the course of life in the village and now threatens its very existence. That night they were both attacked and bitten by a red-eyed creature they recognized as the legendary loup-garou. They managed to ward off the beast after a struggle, but their doom was already upon them. As they made their way back to the village, they could feel the disease growing inside them. Desperately, they agreed to conceal their aliment, for the legends tell of the fate of those bitten by the creature: death by fire. However, the newly born wolves left signs of their change, alerting the villagers to their presence.

We all live in this village and among us are the two werewolves. The villagers must seek out these creatures and kill them before the wolves kill every inhabitant of the village.

Roles:

The Wolves
There are two werewolves hidden among the people of the village. The wolves have the power to kill one person every night. Once per game, the wolves may also choose to bite another player and infect him with lycanthropy. On bite-night, the Wolves will not make a kill.

The Witch
Villagers, of course, hate witches as much as they do werewolves. Thus, the Witch wishes to ally herself with the wolves, knowing that if they win, then she won’t have to worry about being burned at the stake. However, the witch doesn't know who the wolves are yet. Once per night, the Witch may stare into her crystal ball, and see another person’s role.

The Hunter
The Hunter is a vigilante out to cleanse his village of the werewolf threat. During the night, the Hunter may choose one person to kill. However, the Hunter has only three silver bullets in his possession, so he must choose to spend them wisely.

The Detective
The Detective was once the village librarian, but long nights of reading Sherlock Holmes have convinced him that he is the only person capable of ferreting out clues on who the hidden wolves may be. The Detective can see the role of one person every night.

The Priest
The priest is in possession of a sacred item which repels the evil werewolves. He may choose one person per night to protect with this item.

The Thief
The Thief is a sneaky chap who can rob a man blind… Or in this case, steal his role away and assume it as his own. The Thief only has 1 chance to steal another person’s role. He may choose to execute this power any night in the game. If the Thief tries to steal from a werewolf, he will die instantly, but the wolf will be revealed to the Mayor.

The Twilight Fan
The Twilight Fan wanders the night, desperately seeking to join the werewolf pack. The twilight Fan will choose one person to follow each night. All night time players (not wanting to hear a 12 hour monologue about how hot Jacob is) will flee if followed, abandoning their target.

The Inventor
The Inventor is an eccentric old man dismissed as a fool by most of the villagers, but he might hold the key to the defeat of the wolves inside his cluttered workshop. The inventor is allowed to create one device per night. These devices, when used, will grant powers that must be different from any town power in the game. Each device must be different. Due to his age and fragility, the Inventor is not able to use his devices himself; he must give them to other players, who may choose to use them on the following night.
-Moderator’s note: I encourage the Inventor to be creative; however, no instantly game-ending devices will be allowed.

The Mayor
The Mayor is elected by the townspeople on the first day, and a new Mayor is elected every subsequent day as well. During the day, the Mayor has 2 votes in case of a tie. During the night, the Mayor has the bonus ability to spy on one person of his choosing.
He will be given information in the following format:
So-and-So visited What’s-his-name.
Or
So-and-So stayed home tonight.
Because the Mayor is elected openly by the Townsmen, he may also have any other role in the game.

Mechanics
All roles are assigned randomly.
Day will typically be 48 hours. (Day one will be slightly longer, to put the rotation at a slightly better time for myself.)
Night will be 24 hours.
Players may all speak during the day.
At night, players must be silent.
Players who do not speak during daytime on two consecutive days will be mod-killed, regardless of role or alignment.

Player List:
aero
CoryNewb
Damdred
Darubian
DivineWind_United
Dogtown
FLAMES
Flazer
GagazetSK
Ghosted
jesterawx
k2sk
Mages
nimrod
Phantom
RapeISfunny
Scientology
Shining
TMonsta
VallhallaFTZ
WallsOfFire
Zeality

Comments

• edited September 2013
    All Roles have been assigned. If you did not receive a role, you are a villager.

-Day one begins now-

Day one will end at 10am Tuesday morning, Taiwan time. That will make it Monday evening, 8pm SK time. Please stop posting at that time. No day actions taken after that time will be counted.

Please Bold official votes for ease of counting.
    Editing posts is not allowed, please make a new post for each change of vote.
  • being a villager suxxxxxxxxxx
    fk the fiefdom
    halp me get out of the poverty line. I will take up arms against the enemy.
    i even al'd an alliance named werewolf, with me in charge u have no worries, i will kill the werewolves!

priest pls keep me alive at night if i am mayor.

i nominate myself as mayor!!!!!
    A VOTE FOR ME. IS A VOTE FOR.... me!
  • edited September 2013
    The Great BCart himself made me co-mayor of the entire SKPFs. Thus, I should be made Mayor of the WW Game. DOLE FOR MAYOR!
    :: Hands out cookies to everyone.::
  • Meh why the hell not walls for mayor.
  • edited September 2013
    Out of bordem I am making a role for myself.

I will vote for whoever votes after me votes for the next day.
    I am the copydog

Is this game over yet?
  • I vote that Dogtown's post wasn't written very well.
  • Silence or I will have you ban yourself.
  • i vote walls as werewolf
  • MY MOMENT OF REVENGE HAS ARRIVED. KILL WALLS! BURN ALL THE WALLS THINGS! (Not really, though.)

Actually, I just wanted to gather berries for the villagers and eat Dole's cookies. *eats cookies* Yep, much better.

K. My head is clear now. Walls for Mayer. John Mayer. Or Mayor. Whatevs.

SCI IS THE WHERE-WOLF. Get it?
  • edited September 2013
    i vote walls as mayor
  • Im not the wolf

walls to die and for mayor
  • Im not the wolf

This bright young lad is going places!
  • edited September 2013
    Oh right, I forgot. Please Bold official votes for ease of counting.

Editing posts is not allowed, please make a new post for each change of vote.
  • edited September 2013
    im not the wolf

• edited September 2013
    Fuck you all.

Darubian for Mayor

I promise there be no mercy, constant vigilance, and whores for each of you.
  • Bah humbug. Twice the work. >_>

Walls for John Mayer. Or Mayor.

Screw it, though. Time to change my vote.

KEEL ROHAN!
  • Walls for Mayor
  • MY MOMENT OF REVENGE HAS ARRIVED. KILL WALLS! BURN ALL THE WALLS THINGS! (Not really, though.)

Actually, I just wanted to gather berries for the villagers and eat Dole's cookies. *eats cookies* Yep, much better.

K. My head is clear now. Walls for Mayer. John Mayer. Or Mayor. Whatevs.

SCI IS THE WHERE-WOLF. Get it?

we must not burn walls, we must build walls.

i ask the inventor. whoever it may be.
    create a big WALL that cannot be penetrated by werewolves.

"get it. wall. not penetrated by werewolves ;)"

more like a jail. lol so we can just jail someone every night. or multiple people in the same jail. then we could like pen up 3 ppl for example and if the werewolf kills them, cuz they're locked in the same pen, we know the one remaining is the werewolf! :D ingenius
  • So many roles. I need some time to reread and digest all of this. I abstain from any votes right now. But I will make a vote before Monday night.
  • Seems like the popular vote...

Walls for Mayor
  • Mayor is an important role. We could easily use it to figure out roles.

step 1 announce your role.
    step 2 give mayor to someone who doesnt post the same role as anyone else. Obvious good guy potential witch.
    step 3 use mayor to spy on those who double posted roles. If they are good we find out if they are bad we find out.
    step 4 burn the fuckers.

I am a villager. gg.
  • Walls for mayor!
  • Ghosted, Bold? =]

Walls, you're clever. I see what you did there. The inventor needs to build these jail walls!

But don't stick me in them! =P We know the WW won't be able to get in but what guarantee do we have that a WW can't get out?

P.S. I'm a villager. ;)
  • pft course I vote for walls, we live int he same city. I have to
  • Html is too hard on mobile
  • step 1. DO NOT ANNOUNCE YOUR ROLES.

as of now there are 2 ww
    and 5 other roles

u see, if u announce ur role. the werewolf will just pick u off.....
    and the rest will declare as villagers.....
    so u still don't know who the werewolves are, and the werewolves will declare themselves as villagers instead of people with roles.

the roles are VERY useful, we want them alive, to be able to figure out who the werewolves are.

2 questions. @Ixtaccihuatl are we allowed to talk outside of this forum? i mean to each other, sure the werewolves can, but can villagers

cuz then it's like, i checked this person, found out he's a villager, so i reveal myself to him and then talk to him etc.
    cuz in that case, this game is going to be a piece of cake for villagers.

and 2 werewolves out of 22 people
    normally in a game of 8 players, there are 2 werewolves

sorry i just re-read, the werewolves can bite someone, that sets them back 1 turn
    so 3 werewolves out of 22.....
    usually a 1:4 ratio of werewolves, this is without having specials, usually with special abilities it's a higher ratio of 1:3
    this is a 1:11 and a 1:7.3 ratio..... so i think that we the villagers are going to win.

just calling this out for my town, which i think i will soon be dubbed mayor.

on a side note....
    WHO WANTS TO NAME THE TOWN????
  • edited September 2013
    Shining /bold

he should die, he coveted my wife! ** shakes fist** I will change my vote however, if he decided to give me the goat in return >:)
  • I name this town, Dolesylvania!

Lynch Dogtown