Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The Official League of Legends Thread (Starcraft is for silly asians)

Comments

• there is no such thing as elo hell..... if you have shitty ELO that means you are bad.
    The problem is LOL is that even though I am way better than their entire I cant 1v5 them... because everyone gets farmed in that game.
    I'd have to say that these two statements contradict themselves. It's BECAUSE you can't 1v5 carry your team that you get brought down. I have 4 losses in ranked. 3 of them were due to utterly retarded reasons:

1. We need something tanky. Player picks Leona. Player says at beggining of round "It's my first time as Leona" Player goes 1/8 at top within first 10 min.

2. Team picks 2 ad range carries. (rest of the team is squishy. They were the last two picks.) Tyrsis and I facepalm. Both carries feed the whole game while we do well.

3. Within the first 5 minutes teammate trolls another teammate because he missed a kill he probably should have gotten. Player that missed rages and intentionally feeds for the next 10 minutes. After the enemy is fed he leaves.

4. My other loss was when I played with Lux. We both did fairly well if I remember right but our team didn't know how to play with a tank. Since I love tanky characters more than anything else it kinda depends on the team how well I do for the most part.

So if all ranked is is a bunch of this I totally believe in elo hell.
  • Oh and HI WALLS HI DEFAULT. Good to see you guys again.
  • if youre better than your oponents, you will climb eventually. law of big numbers, in hundreds of games theres hardly a chance left that you kept being dragged down constantly
  • if youre better than your oponents, you will climb eventually. law of big numbers, in hundreds of games theres hardly a chance left that you kept being dragged down constantly
    I believe that too. But it'll take a long time. I've played 9 ranked games so far. lol. And I've been told that the first 10 will determine how easy or hard it'll be to get higher because of the type of people you'll be teamed with.
  • MalMal
    edited January 2012
    Also I believe the term Elo hell is a relative term. It's wherever you think you are better than your team (whether true or not). Unless you play a bazillion games, you'll always have a time when you're there unless you are extremely good early (or extremely lucky early)
  • edited January 2012
    if youre better than your oponents, you will climb eventually. law of big numbers, in hundreds of games theres hardly a chance left that you kept being dragged down constantly
    I believe that too. But it'll take a long time. I've played 9 ranked games so far. lol. And I've been told that the first 10 will determine how easy or hard it'll be to get higher because of the type of people you'll be teamed with.
    I lose faith and patience easily when it comes to team games. I am of mind with default when I wish there was more individual presence.

EDIT I have like 80 ranked games played.
  • edited January 2012
    Im getting better, but its a free game so when people rage on me for not playing properly (ive played <10 games and never touched DotA), im more prone to troll them.

Ex. played with friend. Had a random guy who sat in the bushes and got nearly every last kill. so i stopped hurting the mobs and did the same, he freaked out at me.
    I didnt know what items to get so i followed my friends advice. He regularily goes 15+kills-1 death, so i figured his advice was good.
    Guy freaks out at me askung me wtf build im doing. calls me a noob and starts spouting off terms ive never heard. Trollmode on, i followed him the rest of the game and often caused them to see where he was or sat behnd him and afkd when he thought i had his back.

tl;dr its a free game and you arent god the first game you play, breathe & relax
  • I'm currently @ lvl 13, working my way up. Right now my favorite is Garen in 5v5. Great high HP dps for midgame play. Aggressive play is key. Looking forward to lvl 20 when I can start getting my runes.
  • The trolling in this thread is rediculous
    The difference is default actually believes he is the best at every video game he plays. I don't really mind him thinking that since playing video games and watching anime is his whole life so I would expect him to be pretty damn good.
  • Default is neg imo
  • oh you wish you were me Tyrsis......

and what is anime?
  • anyone up for a game?
  • edited January 2012
    I just played first 3 games in months haha I think I remembered how to play now. LETS GO NOOBS add me and get stomped.
  • I've been waiting an ENTIRE day....... wow tyrsis. PLAY ME! I even updated.
  • I told you my name last page. Sorry you're retarded.
  • walls, default hit me up yourpalmal
  • Also I believe the term Elo hell is a relative term. It's wherever you think you are better than your team (whether true or not). Unless you play a bazillion games, you'll always have a time when you're there unless you are extremely good early (or extremely lucky early)
    Well in my opinion anything below 1300-1400 is elo hell.
  • fyi, you are below 1200, not even ranked.

even hawk is higher than u....

EVEN HAWK.
  • Yea its pretty bad lol

I started playing duo with mal and taking it serious though and we are actually winning.
  • Thought i would see what the crack is. Taity on EUW
  • how lame... tyrsis loses to first time lux.... not even close..... double CS, 1 to 0 tower, 3 to 1 kills.
  • ill do a game with you guys, though id be a complete noob at it
  • how many denies did you get default?
  • This Asian plays Eve...not LoL
  • Are you guys going to add me or what
  • Mal they take the game VERY seriously lol

It's a fun game and I enjoy it but yea default is much better then me.
  • Anyone have a vent server?
  • dude flazer, you can't fail harder than you did in sc2 :) I'll carry you npnp. But at least TALK on vent..... and NOT ON YOUR PHONE.

I added Mal :)

I have a vent, but usually just use skype lol.

• Well hit me up then. I haven't seen you on yet
  • Finally hit lvl 20 - starting to win more than I lose on randoms, getting used to carrying. Still learning match-up strengths/weaknesses.

I was never a DOTA player; this is my first MMORTS. I enjoy it [a lot].

Some things that I've learned [and correct me if I'm wrong]:

-Establishing early game ganks on carries is pretty damned important - stunting their growth inhibits their ability to carry

-Save your carry from encounters if need be - getting that extra kill and letting a carry die isn't worth it [unless you are the/a carry]

-Baiting people to gank with someone with the support mastery of decreased port time is a good way to ease a push. Destroying a turret is a sure-fire way to get the opposing team's attention, then port back right after. People are greedy.

-Getting the last hit on minions is very, very important. Do it. A lot.

-Calling out MIAs can really save your team's ass early game.

-Even if the kill count is 20/60 not in your favor, you can still win.