Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ghost Kingdoms - A StarKingdoms Issue

Comments

• 40k? Wow. I remember back around game 10 or 11 of v1.0, I asked him how much he'd sell it for, and he said $10k. I seriously thought about buying it as well, took out a business loan and all that but decided to put my money into some stocks instead. Which paid off pretty well so no real problem but can't help thinking how much better SK would be right now had someone taken this once great game out of BCart's hands. :-(
    I've offered BCart quite a bit for SK without even a response. He's not interested in selling it.
    He's probably making enough to cover the costs + making a bit on top but who knows why he didn't respond to you. Personally, I'd rather have you as Admin than him. Can I ask how much you offered him and when? He said a full $10k to me around a decade ago but after a lot of thinking, I replied saying that it costs too much.

@BCartfall

I'll offer you $500 for Star Kingdoms. It's a serious offer. Obviously this game is not worth anywhere near $10,000 anymore considering it has far, far less people now compared to when you originally made that offer. If you're interested, let me know.
    Dedicated server costs less than $200 /mo, so if he's selling 20 premiums each round the game is being self-sustained. What I have learned over the years is that 1 person alone does not make a game successful. A proper game staff is required, and it's a shame because 90% of SK's problems could be dealt with even if the owner/developer is not around all the time to fix bugs. It's hard to trust people not to ruin what you're trying to establish but the way SK is going he would be better off gambling on putting people in charge of the game while he's not around.

In that post BCart made, he uses the word "us" a lot in regards to bsg online games. I don't think he alone controls things, and therefore can't just sell it even if the other 2 people are non existent to the community/game.
  • I agree, but I find his lack of faith in others a little confusing because most players actually want this game to succeed and are willing to help out as much as needed.

@BCartfall

I know this game is your creation and so you will have a special attachment to it and wouldn't want anyone else owning it. I understand that because I'd probably be the same. But you've been trying to take this game back to its peak for years now, however the player base has consistently gone downhill. Please, allow one of us to buy it off you and try to salvage what's left. It's obvious that whatever you throw at it, it never seems to work. And at this stage, the last thing this game needs is an inactive Admin. Let us buy it and let us try our own ideas to try and fix it. The way it's going, this game will be dead in a year or two.
  • @BCartfall

If you don't want to sell it to sky or bean, why not let them buy let's say 49% of it, they handle ingame and you handle the rest
  • or just set up ingame mods or be active you fuckin' twat

@bcartfall
  • Holy shit did someone kidnap and replace the SkyDragon we know? Lol
    I agree 100.1% with what he is saying and I ain't even trolling.

Something has to be done and all that something has to be is an active admin.

@bcartfall you have had 2 options presented to you about how to fix the game.
    1. Sell it off
    2. Include Bean as an admin even if it's to just fix bugs and come up with more creative god damn round era's.

Honestly you'd have a much better chance selling SK for $3000 than your piece of shit car.

There are alot of players that would put in an offer present and old because most have grown up playing this game an have an emotional attachment for it. It's a place where ordinary people can become great leaders or soldiers or even a respectable player or a troll or a villain or a teenage girl(tank) or even a third person(throt).

So do the current, past and future players a favor and make a choice sell or let people help you!

@bcartfall @bcartfall @bcartfall
  • Darkfort creeps the fuck out of me. He would for sure show up at bcarts door with a gun if he could.
  • And make me mod Danky :P
  • edited July 2012
    I would volunteer as mod...I spend more time here than actually ingame haha. Here I know who I'm talking with, ingame, people hide behind fake names....and never reveal themselves until 24 hours before end...or when they get Kt'd
  • Tyrsis for moderator.
  • People saying the game is going to die: if you've been around long enough, you know it died a long time ago.
  • Ghost KD receives sector messages. I feel this is pretty important.
  • In what way? I don't see it being important in any way.
    If it can receive msgs, it can take hits....is what he meant.
  • edited July 2012
    Maybe sector messages are coded different, even to normal pms, he cant receive those
  • I've tried probing, attacking & throwing missiles at ghost kingdom at the same time as ghost kingdom attacking, probing or messaging someone else, but didn't work.
  • Would be nice if you could force it to throw your units at that position in the sector. Unless the ghost technically doesnt occupy a position, in which case who knows.
  • u use to be able to do that dont know if the code changed since then
  • Bots that kill defo wouldnt be his, and im pretty sure i know who made the inacs the last time i played.
    If it can receive msgs, it can take hits....is what he meant.
    This. The KD is a "target" of the sector message.

• Well, maybe an SL can try attacking the ghost at the exact same time as sending a sector message? There's only Shadow that can really try this out.
  • Spam bomb the sector and crash the database!
  • a ghost kd on uni chat today keeps saying that there's been a patch put in to fix this. confirm/deny??

i'm skeptical because bcart's acct says he hasn't logged in for 2+ weeks
  • No such thing, at least that I've seen.
  • a ghost kd on uni chat today keeps saying that there's been a patch put in to fix this. confirm/deny??

A 'patch'? This game has never had a patch. :P
  • Hes lying
  • No I think hes telling the truth. This game has never had a patch.
    you never make any sense do you?

Deny.

• Or, you know? You could finally quit this piece of shit, like the rest of us with sense did. =P
    HAI LOXIE!

i came back to say hello, seems youre still around too....

• edited July 2012
    Or, you know? You could finally quit this piece of shit, like the rest of us with sense did. =P
    It's Jayr. I did quit, but came back for a bit to troll around on a ghost KD. Any way to get ahold of you?
  • thats a lie