Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

WW Coven Wins!!: Salem Witch Hunt

edited December 2014 in General
Dawn was breaking over Salem, Massachusetts. The almost-Puritan town was smothered beneath a wintry near-silence. Dry branches creaked against a merciless gust. The salty sea spray could not completely cover the smell of burnt flesh…not the burning of witches as in other towns in Massachusetts and across the sea in England. No, this burnt flesh belonged to the smallpox-ridden cadavers who succumbed to the earlier epidemic.

A boy found the woman dead in her bed. Sometime in the night, she had delivered a stillborn babe. Three months too early. It was mangled, deformed…inhuman. Led by the hysterical boy, the Reverend came to the home sometime later. Upon sight of the deceased mother and child he made the sign of the cross before his chest. Witches. There were witches in Salem.

Let the witch hunt begin.

Rules:
***NO POSTING ROLE PM SCREENSHOTS***
1. No editing. If you need to change something you posted in a previous post, simply post again.
2. Play to win. You can be as deceptive as you want and vote for whoever. This mostly applies to the Coven flipping and revealing other members.
3. Only talk to one another in the joint PM with the mod. If you are not in a joint PM with the mod, that means no talking to other players about the game outside this discussion thread at all!
4. Everyone must vote during each day and night phase. If you do not vote, you will be accused of witchcraft during the next action phase. 3 accusations will result in immediate execution. To vote during day phase: ** player is a witch!
To vote during night phase: ** player is a witch! OR ## player is innocent!
(If you do not vote correctly, your vote won’t be counted and you will receive a warning. The second time you vote incorrectly it will be treated as if you didn’t vote, and you will be accused as a witch during the next action phase.)
5. Players in jail cannot perform night actions, and cannot have night actions performed against them. If they have access to private chats, however, they may continue to participate in the private chats so long as they are still alive.

Phases:
Day: Phase will last at least 24 hours. All members of Salem come together and designate a player to burn as a witch. At the end of the day phase, the player with the most votes is the condemned and is sent to jail to await their execution. In the event of a tie, the players with the most votes become the accused and are sent to jail to await their trial. All condemned and accused found guilty will be burned at the beginning of the next Day phase.
Evening: Phase may last up to 12 hours. During that time, the condemned may choose to accuse another player. That player will then be sent to jail to await their trial.
Night: Phase will last at least 24 hours. All members of Salem not in jail will vote on the guilt/innocence of each of the accused. The accused cannot vote in any of the trials, and cannot perform night actions, however they are also safe from night actions and can attempt to convince the rest of Salem that they are innocent during this phase. If the majority say that the accused is a witch by the end of the night phase, the accused will be executed at the beginning of the day phase. If the majority say he is innocent, or the vote ends in a tie, the accused will be released. The third time a player is accused, he will be executed without a trial.

Other relevant information:
- The end result of the night actions will be reflected in the narrative, however, it will not be revealed why an interaction did or did not go through. Figuring out the why is part of the game.
- Hidden roles and their abilities (or lack thereof) will be revealed upon the player’s death, however the neutral player’s win condition will not be revealed until the game ends.
- If you know ahead of time that you will be unable to participate in a certain 24hr period, let the mod know. The phase will either be adjusted to accommodate you, or you will be given a bye on voting, depending on the situation. Please do not abuse this. This leeway has been granted because of the Thanksgiving holiday.
- If you wish to ask the mod a question in this thread, please use green font so it is easy for me to find it. You may also PM if you prefer.

Mod note: I will do narratives and official statements in blue! You will be receiving your roles shortly.

Comments

• edited December 2014
    Roles:

Salem 0/18 (wins when the Coven is dead)
    Vanilla Town (0) – No special abilities.
    Judges (0) – Salem’s judges know each other and may converse in private. They may also choose to induct one player into their panel of judges at any time while all 3 are still alive. (Masons)
    Magistrate (0) – Can deduce the alignment of 1 chosen player per night. (Cop)
    Reverend (0) – Can prevent 1 chosen player from performing any night actions per night. (Roleblocker)
    Doctor (0) – Can protect 1 chosen player from any and all night actions per night.
    Sea Captain Alden (0) – Former mystery role. Can be saved from one town lynch. Can take one kill shot before role reveal. Wins with Salem.

Neutral 0/0 (mystery win condition)
    Possessed (0)
    – The Possessed can kill 1 player per night. Has hidden win conditions.

Witches’ Coven 1/5 (wins when Salem’s population has been reduced to the number of Coven remaining, including the Familiar)
    Head Witch (1) – When checked by the Magistrate, alignment reveals as Salem. Otherwise, votes with other witches on who to kill, and may be selected to perform kills. Vote counts as tiebreaker in the event of a tie. (Godfather)
    Witches (0) – Vote on who to kill each night. May be selected to perform kills. (Mafia)
    Familiar (0) – Can prevent 1 chosen player per night from performing any night actions. (Mafia Roleblocker) Does not vote on who to kill, and cannot be selected to perform a kill, however must be killed before Salem can win.

Players 1/24:
    Arson - Judge. Town killed Day 1.
    Azalieo - Vanilla town. Town killed Night 6.
    CoryzeNewb - Possessed. Killed Night 1.
    DaigotsuSlidge - Vanilla town. Town killed Night 3.
    Damdred - Witch. Town killed Night 3.
    Darubian - Vanilla town. Town killed Night 5.
    Flazer - Head Witch. Victor and sole survivor!
    Gl0stix - Vanilla town. Town killed Night 6.
    Kenshin - Vanilla town. Town killed Night 5.
    Kloudi - Vanilla town. Town killed Night 5.
    Loafery - Sea Captain Alden. Killed Night 5.
    Mages - Vanilla town. Town killed Night 4.
    Meadows - Vanilla town. Town killed Night 5.
    Phantom - Judge. Killed Night 1.
    Rohan - Judge. Mod-killed Night 5.
    Shining - Magistrate. Killed Night 5.
    SilentButterfly - Witch. Town killed Day 5.
    SkyDragonX - Vanilla town. Town killed Night 2.
    Tmonsta - Judge/Vanilla town. Town killed Night 2.
    Tormented - Witch. Town killed Day 6.
    Tyrsis - Doctor. Killed Night 6.
    Unreliable - Familiar. Town killed Night 3.
    Walls - Vanilla town. Killed Night 2.
    Zeality - Reverend. Killed Night 4.

Mod note: Everyone should have received their roles. Please PM me if you didn't get yours. Day 1 is officially open!
  • **Arson did it!
  • **timon turned me into a newt
  • so...if we all vote for someone else and everyone ends up with 1 vote...do we all go to jail? lol

**phantom
  • **Mages is a witch or a MAGE O.O *dundunduuuuh*
  • all i see is.

he accused cannot vote in any of the trials, and cannot perform night actions, however they are also safe from night actions and can attempt to convince the rest of Salem that they are innocent during this phase.

so it's best if we shove pretty much everyone into jail, then no one has night actions.

everyone please proceed to vote for the person on your right.
  • I really like this setup and the amount of work put in by rsoultin. Like holy shit did you come from a mafia forum or something?

That being said hidden roles :/. I do not like hidden roles and never will, however at least we know there are 2 hidden roles.

I'm not 100% sure if it would be good to force ties to put people in accused mode, instead of condemned mode. It's hard to predict how it'll play out without seeing it in action a few times. Walls's idea of putting multiple people in Jail is intriguing, however there is a major flaw I see in that: There are 4 (3 mafia + 1 godfather) witches, and if I'm reading the rules correctly they select one person each night to carry out the kill. So unless all 4 witches are in jail there will still be 1 mafia KP each night.

Either way, I still heavily stand by the idea of killing off completely inactive people first. That and if meadows/tyrsis do their "an werewolves" thing I think they should be killed as well. The game is made better by a talkative town, not a purely trolly town or an inactive town. We should have a good idea of who these people will be after the first 24 hours, so I intend to go from there.
  • edited November 2014
  • We should color our votes so they're easier to spot.

**Loafery Stop growing so fast, jerk.
  • **tormented
  • lol i like where loafery is going with this, i think ill do the same
  • I just woke up, so I need to reread in a bit. Cool setup mod :)

**DaigotsuSlidge for obvious reasons.
  • lol Walls, game would end in one day...

imagine if everyone but one person is jailed, then that one guy vote all guilty and win.

rsoultin would be sad though :P
  • lol Walls, game would end in one day...

imagine if everyone but one person is jailed, then that one guy vote all guilty and win.

rsoultin would be sad though :P
    Lol actually if one of you was sneaky enough to slip that by everyone id be impressed. :) no rules against being a clever bastard.
  • i'm against killing inactives right now. its day 1 and we should give everyone a chance.

we could pick 2 of them and put them on the stand.
    or one active and one inactive, because just putting the inactives on trial will just give a safer leeway for bad guys.

can someone bring the math on whether small groups or singular picks is more beneficial?

because while mafia chooses the killer after accused are picked, we can not only lose a good side action, but he would be outed as well.
  • **Skydragon because hes a commy spy now adays!
  • **Bcarts a dirty witch Jew**
  • unvote phantom **arson

I have never seen him play, but people seem convinced he won't log on.
  • **unreliable
  • I'm holding true to the inactivity

**arson
  • Arson on day 3: "fuck you guys!!!"
  • **Shining

maybe i'll get lucky again
  • Flazer seems unusually positive.

**Flazer
  • *Puts a protective circle of salt around himself.*

In yo face Winnifred Sanderson!
    What is this sorcery?
  • The only movie SJP was hot in
  • First, i would like to say that i am purely vanilla town. i would like for the Judges to add me with their special power, before one of them gets taken out as the game goes on.

second, i'm with Tormented on this one. Phantom has been consistently evil lately, so i'm already on guard against her. on top of that, she would not add much if she is town.

if we are playing the odds and trying for the best result, i say

**Phantom