Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

WW Coven Wins!!: Salem Witch Hunt

Comments

• Judges should add me. I'm vanilla town, and know that tormented changed his vote to arson. Odds are phantom is town, and aza might not be.
  • I only voted phantom to see how active she was. Once she responded quickly, I looked more at who people who voting for. She still could very well be mafia though. So hard to tell :(
  • No Mafia exist circa 1878. We are on a witch hunt here!
  • No Mafia exist circa 1878. We are on a witch hunt here!
    The public's association of the word with the criminal secret society was perhaps inspired by the 1863 play I Mafiusi di la Vicaria ("The Mafiosi of the Vicaria") by Giuseppe Rizzotto and Gaetano Mosca. The words "Mafia" and "mafiusi" are never mentioned in the play; "mafiusi" was probably put in the title to add a local flair. The play is about a Palermo prison gang with traits similar to the Mafia: a boss, an initiation ritual, and talk of "umirtà" (omertà or code of silence) and "pizzu" (a codeword for extortion money).[4] The play had great success throughout Italy. Soon after, the use of the term "mafia" began appearing in the Italian state's early reports on the phenomenon. The word made its first official appearance in 1865 in a report by the prefect of Palermo, Filippo Antonio Gualterio.[5]

According to legend, the word Mafia was first used in the Sicilian revolt – the Sicilian Vespers – against rule of the Capetian House of Anjou on 30 March 1282. In this legend, Mafia is the acronym for "Morte Alla Francia, Italia Avanti" (Italian for "Death to France, Italy Forward!"), or "Morte Alla Francia, Italia Anela" (Italian for "Death to France, Italy Begs!").[6] However, this version is now discarded by most serious historians.[2]

The term "mafia" has become a generic term for any organized criminal network with similar structure, methods, and interests.
  • only a witch would know all of that

**tormented
  • Meadows and tyrsis must be power roles together, or she would be voting for him.
  • Az is probably a wich in t his case coming into the thread with his post that says hey i'm town and thats all that my post is about. Put us to sleep bu he is scum
  • Dude, if I'm ever evil or have a power role I shut up and watch the game unfold.
  • Tormented, Italy doesn't count. The mafia didn't come to the US until the 1860s. My dates on the witch trials were off, way off. 1692-1693 is the setting. My mistake originally!
    Dude, if I'm ever evil or have a power role I shut up and watch the game unfold.
    I think Ive heard that line before! She's a witch!
  • Dear Lord, *Crosses Self* don't test Tormented, he's studied.
    power of wikipedia lol and I agree that it is rather fishy that meadows isn't voting for tyrsis.
  • I'm trying to play more out in the open, kill me and find out that I'm town. I'll learn to just keep lurking
  • PSshshh lurking is no fun.
  • **Unreliable would LOVE for lightning to strike twice in the same place, wouldn't you? You witch.
  • gotta vote for ppl who are hiding.

**zeal
  • edited November 2014
    at least give me time to read the thread :()

**tormented for his unusual knowledge of the witches
  • **Unreliable would LOVE for lightning to strike twice in the same place, wouldn't you? You witch.
    this: (someone old embed this youtube link)

• You all look evil to me.
  • fk me if paranoia aint in all of us...

*looks at a giant rock, then looks at sky*

btw, do you breath underwater?
  • **Tormented to make it look suspicious that meadows and I are power roles together.
  • why do meadows and tyrsis not like me :( I am active and got much better at helping the town last game. Why the change?
  • why do meadows and tyrsis not like me :( I am active and got much better at helping the town last game. Why the change?
    I blame Aza.
  • So its nearly been 19 hours. As of right now I'm highly for voting the super inactives, and right now **Arson fits the bill. At the end of the day I'll try to put out my first list of reads.
  • Only a witch would know how to read! We simple folk don't need no magical letters!
  • In fact, I saw Aza reading a book of strange symbols and thought nothing of it at the time, but now I know him to be a witch!

**Aza is a witch!
  • *Puts a protective circle of salt around himself.*

In yo face Winnifred Sanderson!
    Best Lol of the day.
  • Those were picture books, dummy face!
  • God dammit troll Mages
  • you made me go and check to see if Arson had posted and I missed it lol
  • Loafery and Flazer are winning the thread so far and I want them both alive forever the end