Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The "I'm Running a WW Game" Thread

Comments

• Btw Cory.. wth happened to the S? I see plenty of CMZ... well CM and occassional Z.
  • Seriously man? If you don't like the anon aspect just say so.. don't be a fucking ass.
    lighten up?
  • Im a ginger... I lighten up anymore and I will be transparent.
  • Shining was alive for a bit there. He rips from time to time.
    Pie go ahead and mod the game :) it will be a fun experience

Oooooooooo anonymous theme. We are hackers trying to wipe each other out!
  • I. Don't. Mod.

Im simply not creative enough to. I also dont have the patience to deal with players like me or in general.
  • I think everyone should try it once! I enjoyed dabbling my feet in it.
  • i totally made one.

i dunno if it's good though.
  • Revenge of the Pie WW

Roles:
    Bad
    1. Cake
    2. Cupcake
    3. Donuts
    4. Biscotti

Good
    1. Apple Pie
    2. Cherry Pie
    3. Coconut Cream Pie
    4. Pecan Pie
    5. Pumpkin Pie

Day Cycle
    Cook get elected
    Someone gets eaten
  • Pumpkin Pie OP
  • I really don't like the limitless inventions trend in the latest WWs. There needs to be clear guidelines on what can be invented and what the inventions can do, and it needs to be public knowledge.
  • Really? I think the inventor is the neatest role personally, because it allows the role to be creative. You can't really put solid lines around someone's imagination.
  • Agree with mages i've let a couple of to powerful inventions through, but nothing that wasn't already out in game. The game where i had two inventors where one of them had a 50% failure rate was insane. Especially the dildo that killed meadows
  • Really? I think the inventor is the neatest role personally, because it allows the role to be creative. You can't really put solid lines around someone's imagination.
    But that's the problem really, WW is a game, and while it may have story elements a good game won't change the rules without telling it's players. The inventor role makes for great story as far as the ability to make wtf shit happen, but the ability to change players alignments without anybody knowing (especially in a game where figuring out alignments and lynching people is paramount) ruins the "game" aspect of the game.

It'd be better if what the inventor did was made public knowledge, or there were very clear guidelines as to what they could do (such as preset inventions).

I doubt you'll admit this, but it'd be like in SK if you attacked somebody, and the army you sent defected and you lost 10% of your land. It'd suck from a competitive standpoint. It might be a funny little gimmick the first time, but if shit like that kept happening it'd ruin the game.
  • To add on, the best part of WW is the lies, the deceptions, things like that. Unlimited inventor (or even inventor being limited by the mod; the public still doesn't know what the limits are) makes the game about the crazy things the inventor can do.

You did a great job as the mafia seer, found all the good guys roles? Great job! OH except there was an invention that turned the last remaining hitman in the mafia into a good guy, and nows he's a vigilante for the good guys. It doesn't matter that you have the town convinced you're a good guy and eating out of the palm of your hand, game is entirely flipped by an invention.
  • I've never seen an unlimited inventor ever. And the best part about WW is Meadows.
  • I've never seen an unlimited inventor ever. And the best part about WW is Meadows.
    It's not so much the fact that the inventor is limited by the mod, but the fact that town has no way of knowing what limits the mod might impose, thereby making it for all intents and purposes, "unlimited"
  • Except you'd have to be stupid to not know that there are limits on inventions, just as it would be stupid to tell all the limitations for inventions because then it would give the inventor easier ideas or else ways to loophole everything. Best way is to have an inventor that submits ideas and gets rejected or approved.
  • For anybody playing a WW game, you can play towards your win condition even if there is information you don't know. But you can't play towards your win condition if you don't know what you don't know.

I.E.: let's say the mod announces 7 possible good guy roles, but only gives out 4, telling everybody at the start of the game that he will do this. This would let mafia fake claim some roles, without anybody actually having the role to dispute it or knowing that the role isn't even in the WW. Everybody in the game knows this is possible though. It lets the players make the game

Contrast that with something like, all night actions do the opposite of what they're supposed to for 1 night, and now you've lynched your cop instead of doctoring him. There's nothing the players could've done to predict or play around that.
  • IDK anyone who would ok the opposite night actions thing
  • Except you'd have to be stupid to not know that there are limits on inventions, just as it would be stupid to tell all the limitations for inventions because then it would give the inventor easier ideas or else ways to loophole everything. Best way is to have an inventor that submits ideas and gets rejected or approved.
    Right but what are the limits? You can't make the role fun if the public knows the limits, but if the public doesn't know the limits they have no way to play the game well. Answer me honestly dole, is it really fair if you convert somebody at night, without the public having any knowledge this can be done in the first place? And that's just the tip of the iceburg, who knows what else cold be though up. It takes the gameplay out of WW, and puts it soley in the inventors hands.

• I guess in particular what I don't like about inventor is role reversal possibilities. Killing, protecting, seeing, etc...I'm okay with all of that for the most part. But the ability to fundamentally alter the win condition and the "side" a person is on, isn't right.

And before it gets said, this is not meant as a shot at Damdred in the slightest. He's free to run his game how he wants, and I don't even know for 100% what his inventors are doing.
  • edited June 2014
    SB, you are outthinking yourself. Let's start with a, trust the mods. If you don't, then don't play.
  • Even a good mod with good intentions can make an imbalanced game. All I really want is a good game, where every player in it can influence their own destiny to a degree. I feel like inventions have the potential to take this away.
  • I think it comes down to the mods needing to have good sense on what would be horribly broken or not. And the mods we have do.

It IS a pretty wildcard role, though. That's why in the game I was devising, it was neither good nor evil.
  • So how many people are ahead of me now?
  • i have crazy invention ideas just waiting to be used :P
  • I need to see the following games:

TMNT

He-Man

Star Wars

Care Bears

Thank you for running these.
  • ATM Mages is going and then idk whos after that, you could jump in az and i'll preparea gamef or after yours or let someone else get in
  • Aza typically if you want to make a ww game, post here and say "NEXT Unless somebody has a claim before me". Then everyone assumes you are more prepared than them and let you go first.
  • If somebody would fix the typo on Sky's name that would be awesome