Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The Hockey Thread (ey?)

Comments

• Bolts look good, but the wings are on the board.
  • 5 hours of hockey and a win! Woohoo
  • http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/mcdavids-dad-dont-expect-connor-to-pull-a-lindros/

There ya go zeal, I am not sure he is being necessary truthful about how McDavid felt originally but looks like he will come to terms.
  • I think he is. I see no reason why he would hate coming here. Despite what people say, its not a bad city and the fans are as passionate as they are rewarding. Our last playoff run is proof of that.

On top of that, he would be playing kids near his age that have just done what he is about to. They can guide him thru not making the same mistakes and such.
  • I think he is. I see no reason why he would hate coming here. Despite what people say, its not a bad city and the fans are as passionate as they are rewarding. Our last playoff run is proof of that.

On top of that, he would be playing kids near his age that have just done what he is about to. They can guide him thru not making the same mistakes and such.
    hopefully not guide him to more losing and ruin him forever, for your sake anyways you guys deserve a break
  • They need to gut that place from Lowe to the ice girls and start fresh.

Also, rip jets. I wanted you to win or at least make a series :(
  • edited April 2015
    The thing is you cant ruin someone like McDavid. Mentored by Cujo, Orr, his father is a phenomenal coach, he's got support from Messier & Gretzky. Kid turned the Otters from worst to dominant.

Nuge is ten times the player he was when we signed him. Hall was 2nd in the league for PPG and 6th back to back seasons.

Looks as though they are doing just that Cory. Bob Nicholson got given the title of Fuhrer!
  • Announcement in an hour giving ex-Bruins Chiarelli full autonomy of Oilers organization, getting rid of Kevin Lowe.

Hazzahhhhh!
  • edited April 2015
    Solid move.

Wings played a great 55 minutes last night. I was happy with the other three games.
  • Congrats zeal I didn't think your pain was going to end so quickly. I thought Lowe must have had incriminating pictures of Katz or something.
  • edited April 2015
    Katz needs to stay out of every hockey decision being made going forward.
  • Congrats zeal I didn't think your pain was going to end so quickly. I thought Lowe must have had incriminating pictures of Katz or something.
    Hahah you would think, based on his god awful PR and personality. The number of times he publicly insulted fans was mind blowing, looooooooong over due.
  • Yeah his "there is two types of fans here" comment was mind blowing.
  • GG pittsburgh
  • edited April 2015

Canucks prospect Jake Virtanen. I have been preaching about our need for 3-4 predatory hitters. Hopefully he is one some day. I like hit to hurt, none of this picking up the teammate's stick sister bullshit.
  • These playoffs... they have not disappointed. I have been sentenced to a lifetime of beer and highfives.
  • i'm just sad :(
  • Darnell Nurse vs Connor McDavid has been the story of the Greyhounds vs Otters series. Nurse is NHL ready, he fucking dominates these guys. If you haven't seen McDavids highlights, you should watch them... They are a treat.

Icing on the cake is that they are both Oilers.

Rumour is Lucic + Hamilton and another player ive forgotten for Eberle and Marincin... My first instinct is to say fuck you to any one who wants Ebs. But, Lucic would be a nice addition to the GOilers. Same with Dougie.
  • i feel like boston would win this trade just cuz it would give ebs somewhere to actually win and play in the playoffs
  • I just need Tampa to make past this round because I don't even know what the next round of the playoffs looks like and I need a team I support to make it!
  • edited April 2015
    EAST
    Bolts in 6
    Rangers in 6

WEST
    Hawks in 6
    Ducks in 6
  • Bolts in 5
    Caps in 7

Wild in 7
    Calgary in 6
  • I just need Tampa to make past this round because I don't even know what the next round of the playoffs looks like and I need a team I support to make it!
    They did it. RIP my Wingdings.
  • EAST
    Bolts in 7
    Rangers in 5

WEST
    Hawks in 6
    Ducks in 4
  • Bolts in 5
    Caps in 7

Wild in 7
    Calgary in 6
    My east conf pics are looking OK. West conf is going to be an uphill battle.

• Hope we steal one from the Wild at their house tonight.
  • Hope we steal one from the Wild at their house tonight.
    Steal one? Seriously? Going up 3-0 would be a chokehold. I hope the wild make it a series.