Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The Hockey Thread (ey?)

Comments

• i heard malkin for plekanec and a first round pick which is stupid on the pens part
  • chicago is OP next season... their offense is from other planet lol

ps, crawford sucks... only reason i dont want hawks to win is him :D
  • they're gonna have to trade people away because of cap issues again so not really that OP
  • This has been a great game so far. Hoping that Chicago pulls this one out. Kane's hands are fucking sick.

Curious, do any of you play hockey? I'm playing in the adult State Games of NC this weekend. Hoping to bring home the gold medal this year. I've been playing since I was 8.
  • i played growing up lol always wondered what a southern hockey player looked like
  • Stamkos had a shit playoff. He can't be happy.

One of the best regular season players, but he just is too soft and poor defensively for the playoffs.
  • he'll come back from it imo, remember how shit is rookie year was and after he played in the WC he became what he is now? lol he'll for sure bounce back
  • they're gonna have to trade people away because of cap issues again so not really that OP
    This happened after we won in 2010 too.

We're still just as strong. Our core group isn't going anywhere.

I could go over the possibility who is being traded, but you all probably don't care. The only decent blow to the team is going to be losing Sharp, but we'll manage. The Hawks aren't going to be hurting as much as everyone seems to think.
  • Panarin will replace Sharp.
  • panarin my not pan out, see what i did thar!? but yeah losing sharp, maybe vermette and richards don't re-sign.
  • Bickell is most likely out, which is another ~4mil. It's unlikely that we can afford Vermette, unfortunately.

Panarin will make 3rd line, I assume.

Britchards is a wildcard. Aren't the Rangers still paying him a massive amount of cash? He might stay on a ~1mil contract to be a part of the team.
  • he could stay i suppose but since he just won the cup again, if i were him, i'd try to get a max contract somewhere else
  • panarin is easily top6 player if everything clicks, he is used to bigger ice but i doubt the small ice will slow him down much :) he has very accurate shot.
  • Anyone talk to narshe?
  • edited June 2015
    panarin is easily top6 player if everything clicks, he is used to bigger ice but i doubt the small ice will slow him down much :) he has very accurate shot.
    Coach Q doesn't throw his trust around like that. You'll see him on the third line unless Q goes crazy.
    he could stay i suppose but since he just won the cup again, if i were him, i'd try to get a max contract somewhere else
    He got his 60 mil / 9 year contact bought out by the Rangers. So he's making the equivalent of a 8.7mil player right now. (6.67 from the rangers, 2 from the hawks).
  • yeah 3rd line at first, if it clicks he will play top6 minutes, he is very fast and talented guy, not sure if you have watched his play yet, you should :) id love to see Panarin - Kane - TT line or something like that.
  • panarin is easily top6 player if everything clicks, he is used to bigger ice but i doubt the small ice will slow him down much :) he has very accurate shot.
    Coach Q doesn't throw his trust around like that. You'll see him on the third line unless Q goes crazy.
    he could stay i suppose but since he just won the cup again, if i were him, i'd try to get a max contract somewhere else
    He got his 60 mil / 9 year contact bought out by the Rangers. So he's making the equivalent of a 8.7mil player right now. (6.67 from the rangers, 2 from the hawks).
    oh i know, i just know that i'd be greedy as fuck and try for the most money lol
    yeah 3rd line at first, if it clicks he will play top6 minutes, he is very fast and talented guy, not sure if you have watched his play yet, you should :) id love to see Panarin - Kane - TT line or something like that.
    all i know is that the jump from europe to NHL doesn't always turn out well, the most recent that i can think of is brunner
  • lols boston and lols sens trading away a number 1 ready goalie for a first rounder, just great!
  • All I can say is thank fuck for other teams. They made my Oil dreams come true!

I have had the pleasure of watching Reinhart dominate as the captain of the Oil Kings, hes a massive monster on the blue line. Such a good depth pick, if not a top2 pairing dman. We essentially traded Perron for Reinhart, which is a solid move imo.

Talbot is about as good of a goalie as I could hope for, the thing with goalies is that once they are 'proven' they barely ever get traded. Hope the new squad of mgmt can mold him into a #1 starter.

Nurse is NHL ready, as well, so this year could be really interesting. I dont even expect playoffs this year, but I expect a lot of growth. This was pretty much every thing I hoped for in terms of adding size & grit.

My copper & blue cock is hard and drippin for the new season!
  • Oh and thanks for Gryba smitty :D
  • #1 That wasn't Lucic's church and things were likely not related and
    #2 he agreed to waive to Vancouver and apparently the feelings are very mutual

That being said now that he is close to home in LA which is a powerhouse...Pretty hard to beat that.
  • Lucic on the Kings is a scary thought tbh, thats a solid pickup for them
  • I wish Vancouver had LA's philosophy on team toughness. If LA wasn't in my division they would be pretty fun to root for.
  • fuck off lol lehner would have brought you the cup :P but now you're stuck with another scrivens
  • Anyone want a Bickell?

I've got a Bickell for trade... anyone? I'll take a bag of hockey pucks for him...

Seriously though, blackhawks need to sign Saad and Kruger asap. Apparently Saad is looking for a long-term 25 mil in 5 years contract, and we're low balling him with some 2.8mil 2 year crap.
  • Ryan Haggerty is the ultimate player chicago needed, im glad raanta got out of there and gets change to play :)
  • LOL you're silly lovsie, Rantaa won't play much as King Lundqvist will get 90% of the starts
  • edited June 2015
    he will be playing more than in Chicago, there was 3 goalies last season. So he was forced to play Ahl, and he is very good goalie also. Im not saying he plays ALOT but atleast more than in hawks.

thumbs up for lundqvist injury! ;)
  • edited June 2015
    Yeah, with Darling making a good showing in the playoffs, Raanta Claus wasn't going to get any play. It's a good move for him.

Haggerty I don't know too much about, but it seems like he's a good shot and a decent size.

He'll probably be good for the Ice Hogs for a year or so.
  • Average size on Oilers blueline is way bigger than before now so fuck yeahs.

Kessels a penguin tjough, that was interesting