Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The Hockey Thread (ey?)

Comments

• whatd I miss? Hows calgary is going to do with burke at the helm?
    They won't. Burke will just rock half tied ties and mad scientist hair and distract Albertans.
  • He gave a good interview when he fired that schmuck. 8/10
  • He gave a good interview when he fired that schmuck. 8/10
    His hair was 10/10.
  • Watching the oil @ canucks game. Bobby lou have been on fire.
  • The wings need to pick it up. Disastrous.

I fell to #3 in my fantasy hockey league, but I'm hanging tough.
  • no offense cory but the redwings kinda suck
  • no offense cory but the redwings kinda suck
    Luckily they get to play in the equally sucky east, and are in a playoff spot. You don't hurt my feelings by calling it like it is. They have played like crap. They needed to get rid of cleary (couldnt cuz they are dumb) and buy out Samuelson (couldn't he was hurt) and move toward the youth. Alfredson has been good. Weiss has sucked.
  • Hear about Lucic? Tried to unwind after the game and the pieces of shit living in Vancouver wouldn't stop chirping him... even though hes a Vancity-native. I guess his Serb church got graffiti'd, his grandparents had food thrown at them during the Finals... just typical shit from Vancouver.

The funniest part is they don't know hockey atall... they just like to cheer for a sports team haha. The most knowledgeable 'Nucks fans I know don't even live there.
  • Nucks fans let the hockey community over and over again. I didn't watch the vid, but I heard luch say he word never go to couver again.
  • Never mind the fact tht you are fucking drunk if you try to fight Lucic.
  • Never mind the fact tht you are fucking drunk if you try to fight Lucic.
    Not very happy he said do you know who I am, but he was pretty jacked on adrenaline at that point.
  • I'll be at Blackhawks vs. Devils on Monday
  • I passed up tix to the wings saturday and Sunday Game. Weather was brutal and I was doing homework. They sucked anyway.
  • On the loss last night..

Hall: This was my 200th game tonight, and I've seen it a lot
    Eberle: I'm sick of saying "we played well." This league isn't about playing well, it's about winning games.

Meanwhile Oilers MGMT says: they know more about winning than any one, the only fans that matter are paying fans, we have lots of young talent. If they don't fire the mgmt in the offseason or sooner, I'm going to have to retire my season tickets. Pray these young kids get traded if thats the case, a few of them will grow to be elite players.
  • they sure will, edmonton needs leadership though, young good squad needs experience players from championship/deep playoff run teams. Having hall and eberle although very good players arent good enough for experience. Ference is one player as well.
  • Ference, Perron, Gazdic, solid surprises to this year. I think realistically Eberle might end up on the chopping block, I would never do it cause of his chemistry w/Hall but yeah.

I like Ebs but Hall and Nuge have proven to be bigger assets this year. Yakupov and Gagner are tradeable in my mind so long as you get good value. Gagner has been playing like a plug lately, just watching them score.... boooo

On a side note did u get married in jamaica? Hope you only caught a couple mild diseases.
  • Another painful loss. Was at the game, saw 3 Oilers jerseys get thrown onto the ice after it ended... really hoping the management witnessed that.
  • Another painful loss. Was at the game, saw 3 Oilers jerseys get thrown onto the ice after it ended... really hoping the management witnessed that.
    They had probably already snuck out the back exit hiding.

Wings won @ the ACC in the shootout, meaning a couple wins in a row.

Excited to be going to the winter classic next week.
  • I thought the wings would be better in the east this year, its surprising they arent doing much. The east also sucks.

I didnt get married but I do have some good stories for you, dominican was a shit show.

Eberle and Hall would be stupid to trade, Id trade yakupov, but id try to wait until his stock was a little higher. They need some experience, or something they have all the talent in the world just no glue. My leafs are shitting the bed as well as mine and crashes canucks. They are a lost cause. I lost faith when we signed the sedins to 7 million dollar extensions
  • Lol yeah wings have been an interesting story this year....
  • They are still going to bullshit their way into the playoffs for the 23rd straight year
  • They are still going to bullshit their way into the playoffs for the 23rd straight year
    You know it ;)
  • Going to the winter classic Wednesday. My wife got her winter classic wings jersey today. I'll be wearing my leafs sweatshirt.
  • Go leafs!
  • Bruins all the way
  • I hate this Rico guy
  • Haha you aren't the first and won't be the last. I admit I'm not a huge hockey fan, more football, even though I live in northern MN. I just like watching the Bruins play because they are a very physical team and I love seeing Chara crush people lol. I watch the playoffs and the Olympic Hockey games thats it.
  • USA going all the way!!
  • I would have taken Bishop though.