Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The Official League of Legends Thread (Starcraft is for silly asians)

Comments

• Oh god. Go back to playing Dota you fake Dota players :P
  • now why in gods name would we want to go back to that
  • league of legends is terrible
  • Kat is very lackluster but riot believes shes in a good place
    kat can demolish teams if their CC is down. her ult basically forces a CC or clears the enemy team out out of an area, so ie you can run in and ult, bait CC, then let malz come in on a flank and have an uninterrupted ult himself. not the best example but it works
  • MalMal
    edited November 2011
    Did you guys see the changes on kat? You can choose whether to shunpo in front or behind using Killer instincts or not when the new patch comes out. This is pretty tight for escaping and chasing, as well as engaging. Only problem is that I like to use Killer instincts for shunpo always, especially if i'm engaging or setting my ultimate up. I like the change and can't wait to try it out. It makes her slightly better.
  • I'm still learning a lot. Level 16 now. I'm at this part where I'm completely dominating everyone when I matchmake. (10-20 kills average) no matter what champion I use. But when i group with a level 30 I usually don't do very well. I want to be able to improve but am always matched against/with terrible players that just force me to feed and be unstoppable all the time. Currently I'm doing this with fiddlesticks. Problem with this is I'm not learning anything. Any advice on how to improve myself more?
  • I think the best thing for me to do is bear with it and just try out the free champions just so I get a feel of what each can do when I go up against them. My first couple weeks I primarily used ranged carries only and would just get frustrated when I went up against champions with some sort of stun or grab capability that I wasn't aware of.
  • Since you mentioned turrets: One thing that helps a lot with laning I find is knowing exactly when and how the turret damages you. If you attack a champion it will target you. This includes some effects. Also, no matter how fast you are it will get you because it calculates attacks based on where you were when you made the attack. The timing is very crucial. It takes exactly two hits on a full health regular minion to kill it. Knowing just when to run away helps a lot to add extra hits.

One thing I notice a lot of my teammates do at my level is being very afraid of them. Now it's very smart to be conservative around them but I'm finding good times to go all out. A good example is when there's a turret with low health and a champion guarding it. I don't think they realize that if you can take out the turret the champion is just a champion. When I played as fiddle (he has very poor attack but can easily 1 v 1 a champion) I always wanted to run at the champion but no one would ever go against the turret. And with my drain i'd be fine 1 v 1 and even taken a few hits from the turrets.

Now another level of complexity is knowing where everyone else is.
  • Best shen player in the game. Find one better I dare you.
  • yeah you're pretty tight. I haven't tried him out yet even though it's a free week for him. I tried out Brand and Blitz and they're becoming fast favorites of mine. Blitz's grab is so awesome and Brand's different combos are just great
  • I played him post-nerf and still owned.
  • edited November 2011
    Your not as good as me then :p

Shen - shield, ageis, magic resis, fire cloak, abyssal, ryal

Try it and marvel. shield is dorans and magic resis is boots.
  • Shen looks like a lifesaver and just a phenomenal tank. Can't wait to try him out.
  • mal, after the first creepwave it takes 3 hits for a turret to kill the creep you can lasthit after the first two hits. after that the minions keep gaining hp, the turret will need more and more hits to kill them ;)

as for shen... he used to be cool but meh,..
  • League already won.
  • Talking about two different things. Blizzard is making an entire game mode on SCII for DotA. DotA 2 is made by Valve.

comprende?
  • lol I think frost has you guys on this one.
  • Dota 2 will be much better for anyone who started from dota as it has icefrog
  • Was talking to lux, no need to get your panties in a bunch.
  • I hate when my panties bunch up. I always look awkward trying to pull them down through my shorts or jeans. Its quite annoying.
  • Specially the lace ones, its so uncomfortable :-(
  • I hate you fuckers. I quit Dota/LoL (after beta) and now reading all this I want to go back. Damn you fucktards for getting me addicted again...

*downloading client now*
  • Play skarner and ult bad guy under tower. GG
    I've been doing this with Blitz lately.
  • Oh I found out today that apparently you can grab people through walls with blitz. I saved a teammate who was being chased that way and stole a golem buff kill from the other team using this technique. :)
  • This is how I described LoL to someone on my friend's wall

• God damn it.
  • MalMal
    edited November 2011
    So i've been doing fantastic with rammus lately, doing great tanking and the cc abilities are just perfect for chase and kill. I do have a huge problem of sucking a lot at early game though. Here's my items, maybe it'll help:

1. Buy Doran's shield
    2. Buy Boots of swiftness
    3. Buy Thornmail
    4. Buy Frozen Heart/Force of Nature. Depends on if the other team is magic heavy.
    5. Buy Warmog's
    6. Buy Randuin's Omen
    7. Sell Doran's Shield
    8. Buy Banshee's Veil if magic heavy team or else something else I feel like like Atma's Impaler
  • *Saved Tactic*

Got anymore?
  • play FPS ^^
    I do play FPS....and Racing..and Strategy...and Solitaire...and Text Based Games...Not Consoles...and Indie Games...and Penumbra...and Minecraft...and Fantasy...and RPG...and MMORPGs...
  • We need to get an SK community ranked team going here. At the very least lets start playing together because I don't know if I can take losing in solo que much longer.