Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The WarZ

Comments

• haha, beta should be soon guys i just kinda figured everyone would be pre-ordering and playing the beta.
  • so reading the warz forums faq and thinking of how this post is dying, I figured i would post this up.
    What is the earliest possible chance that I may sink my teeth into the game?

That would be the upcoming closed beta currently scheduled for late this summer. (Latest date would be September 21, 2012)

so with this being out there, who all will be getting the beta by preordering?

Me for starters.

think its gunna be like 20 dollars for the preorder 30 once the game is released.
  • I might play if you guys claim its amazing.
  • so reading the warz forums faq and thinking of how this post is dying, I figured i would post this up.
    What is the earliest possible chance that I may sink my teeth into the game?

That would be the upcoming closed beta currently scheduled for late this summer. (Latest date would be September 21, 2012)

so with this being out there, who all will be getting the beta by preordering?

Me for starters.

think its gunna be like 20 dollars for the preorder 30 once the game is released.
    Similar to minecraft. Also helps fund the pre-release.
  • edited September 2012
    Well what really sells me is there will be no "wipe" after beta.

What ever you do or get you keep. Aside from anything that's bugged or something like that ofc.

going forward there'll be no stats or character wipes -so whenever we';ll go into open beta or official game release - you'll keep your closed beta characters and gear, giving you edge to new players.
  • This is for a conversation I had with Xel, and to anyone else curious I suppose:

Maps (servers) might hold 250 people, but the map sizes make it so that you'd only want 100 or so before it gets too full. Keeping that in mind, maps must be kinda small-ish, but I guess we'll see when the game comes out!

Big enough that it'll take you hours to get from one end to the other, but not so big where you'll never see people. Seems like you'll have a reasonably good chance of having your shit kicked in by other players.
  • Dayz is much larger isn't it?
  • smaller, 100 player cap
  • From what I read on the forums, WarZ has a higher player cap on smaller map sizes.
  • Hmm ok sounds good but I'm still not buying until I have more feedback from you guys as far as the beta goes.
  • Keep in mind that might change depending on the out come of the beta.
  • I question how stable they will run it. I believe most games should adopt SAMP engine and then update it as it allowed upto 1000 players without lag on the massive GTA SA maps.
  • I like the idea of 100ish players, if we can find a way of having 10 or so SK folk in a group. Could make for a fun game.
  • I like the idea of 100ish players, if we can find a way of having 10 or so SK folk in a group. Could make for a fun game.
    Fun = Kill all others on server. Ala Pandemic legion :P
  • Which brings up a question: on Hardcore, is there 'rounds' or do you just have to start a new character when you die?

When you 'level up' you get more stamina, faster reloads etc but nothing super-human, so I guess its not the end of the world. If you're carrying a ton of $$ or rare items though I guess it'd be a pain in the fucking ass to get killed.
  • i would think with hardcore everyone would play a bit more serious.

won't be as many 12 year olds running around trying to play CoD.

Lol, I said this on AIM, but I doubt that kind of thing will happen much anyways if ammo is limited. There might be a bunch of melees, but large, open warfare gun fights will probably be rare.

Yeah then you probably shouldn't find players from SK to play with. Considering most moan about any tiny thing on a text based game....
  • I'm pretty good at CoD so it sounds like this game will be ez mode. I play hardcore mode always.
  • So it is looking like they might actually start to let players into the alpha stages of the game testing.
  • Why isnt this out yet dog, im sick of waiting...explain please
  • Why isnt this out yet dog, im sick of waiting...explain please
    It doesnt like scousers.
  • Dog next time you make a post about a game make sure it's coming out in a week you pile of shit.

I hate you.
  • Cant wait for the angry pf posts when some sk guy accidently or on purpose kills another sk guy while they are supossed to be buddies :D!
  • hardcore modes are cancer to fps

all it does is encourage slow hiding style gameplay as opposed to fast and aim heavy
  • hardcore modes are godsend to fps

all it does is encourage realistic gameplay as opposed to "I'M FUCKING SUPERMAN!!!1!1"
    ftfy
  • realistic and video games?

HAHAHAHAHAHA
  • XelXel
    edited September 2012
    It's a zombie apocalypse survival game, not some Call of Duty or Halo game. In real life, you wouldn't just hit the streets with a minigun or chainsaw killing wave after wave of zombies, then respawn when you get overrun. You would sneak around, fight only when necessary, do whatever it took to stay alive.

Also, you're an idiot if you think video games can't be realistic.

Edit: Before you start saying "lol zombies not realistic noob" or some other stupid shit, I'm not pointing out the realism of zombies, but the realism of a survival genre of any kind.