Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The WarZ

Comments

• I can see Lynog ragequitting.
  • when have i ever rage quit? if i recall correct you were in here crying like a bitch last round when you were taking hits, then you got one more time and was like. ok im done. wahhhhhhhhhhhhh
  • when have i ever rage quit? if i recall correct you were in here crying like a bitch last round when you were taking hits, then you got one more time and was like. ok im done. wahhhhhhhhhhhhh
    Last round?
  • This escalated quickly.
  • There's always one thing PC gamers can look forward to in the change of seasons:

• There's always one thing PC gamers can look forward to in the change of seasons:

Hahahahah so true....my laptop lags like crazy when temperature goes above 26.
  • edited September 2012
    *edit*

I don't computer.
  • Oh no I'm disappointed!
  • Nice vids dog.
  • Oh I thought it was a troll :(
  • as if i ever troll...
  • XelXel
    edited September 2012
    Mid-October public release according to that dev video. Which means it'll actually be late October or November since those kinds of dates always get pushed back.
  • as if i ever troll...
    You troll, just very poorly.
  • you quack, just very duckly.
    poor
    poor
    spam
  • I am going to try and get some beta keys so the website I work for can have a giveaway. So ill let you know what's going on.

Right now, getting in touch with them is like getting a meeting with the pope.
  • New video up of the games map/world. Can't be bothered to post a link.
  • Then i cant be bothered to look it up.
  • i wish you couldn't be bothered posting
  • cant be bothered looking it up but you can be bothered posting a few words, sometimes even single words of literal bullshit 2x per day in every thread on the pfs?
  • leave the spammer alone.
  • His post count i.e. e-pen has to make up for his actual peni!
  • an you know what they say about asians.
  • i wish you couldn't be bothered posting
    I wish you could stop breathing.
  • an you know what they say about asians.
    He is gonna need a hell of a lot more posts.
  • edited September 2012

• sergeytitov
    Administrator

Development Update - chasing public Alpha release

Hi everyone !

so for last two weeks, we've starting showing game to media and press members ( I'm sure you've noticed some increased activity in reviewing War Z on various leading websites ), and yes - we're literally weeks away from opening access to the game to public. First, we'll allow limited access to Alpha for most devoted fans, as well as public access to everyone else few weeks after that.

We have couple quirks we'll have to iron out, both of which are relates to large zombie crowds - when you're getting into zone where there're more than 60-70 active zombies, we're getting some weird issues on server side, which we need to fix before we'll be able to allow public access to the game. Other than that game looks pretty good right now - we've replaced like 80% of sounds placeholders last week and some of the new animations ( you can check sounds here - http://vimeo.com/sergeytitov/soundtest please note that there're some encoding weirdness on vimeo - sound is slightly delayed comparing to video ).

Overall we've replaced :
    - All steps/walk/contact sounds
    - All reloads, and tweaked all shooting sounds
    - UI sounds, eat, dringk, use medical supplies, etc
    - Added TONS of environment dynamic sounds. They're also depends on time of the day ( crickets and owls at night, cicades, birds during daytime, that kind of shit )
    - New zombie sounds - still work in progress ( this is why I said 80% are replaced ), but new sound design allows you to navigate in a zombie infested place, solely based on directional sound scape.

New features added :
    - Colored chem lights
    - Explosive arrows for crossbow ( almost impossible to find )
    - Flare gun
    - lanterns
    - Ability to "knock off" helmet or any other headgear from the head when doing headshot. Pretty cool visual feature, but also gives you visual indication that you've been "saved" from death by your headgear.

Some of the UI tweaks :
    - Redesign of chat window is in progress. It's just not working for most of us at the moment. New one will be lot more non intrusive and simple
    - Date/Time removed from the HUd and moved into PAUSE/inventory/missions/map menu
    - We also got initial feedback from new testers on overall menus/ui - so we're working on some improvements there too.

Overall after press tour we've got TONS of positive feedback reinforcing our concept of "game's three pillars" - zombie survival, interaction with other players, rebuilding world/building your own strongholds.

We're going to concentrate more effort on the last part - creating more and more gameplay tools for players to create more dynamic, interactive and immersive gameplay experiences within game world. Most of our designs and ideas we have right now for that will be implemented this year.

LOTS of our initial public alpha access and gameplay will focus on getting feedback from players and modify item spawn chances and placement, zombie AI feedback, overall "feel" of the game. We're probably going to restrict alpha players to portion of the map, opening more and more as we go - every week or two, with idea of completely test and open full map by start of Beta. Those who will be playing Alpha will be true Pioneers exploring world and some of the will become Legends.

We've got tons of questions - "why you're not going F2P ?". There's no simple answer to that. Our team are experts in F2P market - I've been Technical Director on the League of Legends, helping to shape game design from first days of the company up until way past alpha, our CTO is responsible for about 4 successfull f2p MMOs in Korea and Japan, our designers have worked on such titles as World of Tanks, Battlefield Play4Free, etc. Even War Inc. which is while being developed by other company and team, relied on our experience to make it's one of biggest earners per player. YET - for War Z - we're sticking to very simple idea - one time payment, which is SIGNIFICANTLY lower than any other large game in industry. Yes we do have miscrotransactions in a game, but we view them more like a tool for players who wants to help us to develop product faster or just say "thank you" to be able to do so.

BTW - we've passed very important milestone for number of closed beta users registrations, so we'll probably going to do something about it next week

Yours,

Sergey Titov
    Executive Producer
    The War Z