Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The WarZ

edited September 2012 in General
First off if you don't like it, think its a clone or just wanna bash the game fuck off, this thread isn't for you. Otherwise hi.

So...I'm a bit of a zombie nut so I'm super excited about this game. If you don't know about it or want to read up on it the site is http://www.thewarz.com and the forums site is http://forums.thewarz.com/forum.php.

The Developers released the first game play video(found on the forums under Game Discussion) and is still in the alpha stage of development. Pre-orders will get you into the closed beta followed by the open beta. Also note no post beta reset with release aimed for this fall.

Other than myself and a few I have talked to about the game is anyone thinking about getting this?

If you are looking into this game it seems safety in numbers is a good idea, would anyone be down for an sk rooted clan/group?

Look forward to hearing your ideas, rants, bitching trolls and fuck off Dogtown's. Cheers :D

Player list:
Dogtown
Lynog
Zeality
jesterjwx
Chopinx
N1MrOoK
Tetra
Qwjvfiil
LewsTherin
Hearth
Tyrisis---only if we claim the game is amazing.
Jeph410

Comments

• As said before, I'm in! When do we start :D
  • im down to try
  • How is this any different / better than Left 4 dead?
  • Left 4 dead was a mini-mission game I found, this looks like a long-term survival game where you collect items ans shit that will help. Probably have to find food and water, too.
  • its looks like the shit yo
  • edited September 2012
    Signed up for it a few weeks ago.

https://www.starkingdoms.com/community/discussion/comment/34244#Comment_34244

Mentioned it in this thread somewhere. It looks like it's going to be a blast.
  • edited September 2012
    yes its a survival game. its on going with two game modes normal, if you die you get locked out of your character for a set amount of time, and hardcore where if you die the character is gone forever.

you have to scavenge for food, water, guns, ammo and other items to help you survive.

you are able to read up on the game on the site, it looks really sick.

also, I'm going to edit the first post to create a list of people in the clan/alliance what ever you wanna call it, lets think of a name for it.

*edit-went and found your post to bring some more info in the thread.
    I've been hoping to get into this closed beta:
    http://thewarz.com/

What it's about: Free to Play zombie MMO game.
    "
    Create your own survival experience by selecting one of the available characters, customizing them and helping them to navigate through hostile world of The War Z.
    Gain experience and spend it to learn dozens of available skills in this Zombie Game.

NO CLASSES AND RESTRICTIONS, NO LEVELS, OR UNREALISTIC STAT MODIFICATIONS.

Your goal is to survive this Zombie Game and the ones that survive longest will be victorious!"

As you progress through this Zombie Game, exploring what happened, you will find notes and diaries that NPCs and other players left for you. These will have hints to the whereabouts of supplies and weapons you will need to survive.

The War Z is an open world Zombie Game; as you explore and immerse yourself in this post-apocalyptic world you'll discover more than you ever imagined.

You will find yourself hiding from zombies and other players;
    exploring hidden parts of the map and discovering hidden
    stashes throughout your journey.
  • FREAKING STOKED!!!
  • not going to bother if speds like chopin are involved

enjoy getting raped by my group ingame
  • So...I'm a bit of a zombie nut
    IS A ZOMBIE NUT A SKULL?!
  • Would our team have a base of sorts, or is it all mobile? Haven't checked the site n
    But if anyone knows, be a pal.
  • I signed up. It looks better than the crap they tried to pass off as Walking Dead on Xbox Arcade.
  • edited September 2012
    Would our team have a base of sorts, or is it all mobile? Haven't checked the site n
    But if anyone knows, be a pal.
    this will mostly be left to how the game is and how our group is we will just have to figure out something that works. if we find an area to hold down thats all good, or if we get good at moving and raiding that is cool too.

*edit may be reading wrong. it seems there are "settlements" or safe areas you can be in, and areas in the game world you could occupy and make a base.
  • It'd be neat to have a safe zone.
  • We will take over some shit zeal :)

Im in
  • here is the youtube link to the game play video.

Keep in mind the game is still in the Alpha stage of development.

• I'll check it out tonight doggy. Just for you
  • Seems a little less realistic than Dayz....in terms of items anyways. At the end of that clip he was carrying like 4 guns and took less than 1 second to drink a bottle of water (must've been Chuck Norris). In DayZ at least the Arma2 engine took drinking water more realistically, as well as eating.

But the game looks of course better and less glitchy than DayZ...so good and bad.
  • Dayz is choppy and does not look pretty. WarZ will have a better engine.
    You CANT say it WILL when the game hasnt even been released for testing. Could be just as bad. Considering War Inc wasn't a very popular game anyways.
  • the reload time, eating time and drinking time were addressed on the fourms, they are working to find the right timing on them to fit them in the game.

remember its only in alpha.
  • oh, this is not even released yet

Dogtown fuck off.
    buy an xboc youll fit in with those no brain cuntts

Dogtown fuck off.
    i love you too :D

Dogtown, lightly fuck off.
    I've edited it slightly but I mirror Scis' views :p, though the video was a nice update.