Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Mafia: The Untouchables Town wins

Comments

• Because if you aren't doing some heavy mind-gaming mafia play then the way you are playing is extremely dumb. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and I'll act like you are smart. Since I think that you are intelligent then you clearly can't be just vanilla town. Therefore I am voting you for lynch.
    What about my play do you find extremely-dumb?
  • I AM STILL CONFUSED

Chief of Police: every day the town may elect a chief of police, who can block one player's action that night. if he blocks a mafia or untouchable, their kill chance is decreased by an amount equal to the remaining members against the total number of members (if there are 3 mafia, and you block one, mafia has a 2/3 chance of getting their kill)

I SWEAR HE CANNOT PROTECT SOMEONE.
    IS THERE SOMETHING I AM NOT READING?. HALP?
  • #tyrsis, die tyrsis

*mages i guess he was a mason or something, rip mages tho
  • Because if you aren't doing some heavy mind-gaming mafia play then the way you are playing is extremely dumb. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and I'll act like you are smart. Since I think that you are intelligent then you clearly can't be just vanilla town. Therefore I am voting you for lynch.

Your assumptions about what necessitates the fact that you can't be mafia and must clearly be town when you have done no such thing and the logic you use is non-existent. Now, everyone will spout their own towness no matter what. But the fact that you espouse what you have played as not being a good mafia maneuver? Yes, it is a good mafia maneuver in the SKPFs as you only have to convince a few good townies that you are on their side. Such as the easy trusting Damdred that you made sure was confirmed good. I don't buy it.
  • edited November 2014
    i r noob

Your assumptions about what necessitates the fact that you can't be mafia and must clearly be town when you have done no such thing and the logic you use is non-existent. Now, everyone will spout their own towness no matter what. But the fact that you espouse what you have played as not being a good mafia maneuver? Yes, it is a good mafia maneuver in the SKPFs as you only have to convince a few good townies that you are on their side. Such as the easy trusting Damdred that you made sure was confirmed good. I don't buy it.

You're talking about a serious meta-game move though. Before anybody else has really gotta into a discussion, I fake claim mason to get the masons out in the public. There are risks with a move like that, b/c it's going to be revealed almost immediately that I'm not mason. If I'm a member of the mafia, making a play like that is extremely risky. Especially how early in the game it was. Quite a few people hadn't logged on by that point, so I'd be essentially making the move without consulting my team. Plus I'm going to get attention on me and might die. Why take that risk so early if I'm mafia?

I'm flattered that you think it's something I might pull off, but I think it's far too risky and likely to get you killed early if you're mafia. I can do that kind of move as Vanilla Town because it will help town, and if I do die because of it then town just loses a Vanilla town.

I repeatedly say I'm town because there are a lot of eyes on me after that move. I believe I am an asset to the town and I need to be willingly to say so. If I don't defend myself, people will use that to say I'm mafia.

I do have a question for you dole:

Do you think the mason reveal was good or bad for town?

• i'm confused, damdred could protect someone?
    no, he could block someone, i assume the word protect in the story event was a typo.

he chose not to. so that he didnt block the untouchables, i assume. but that didnt work out. we are one mason down and one untouchable sadly.

And you'd also assume that Damdred would have attempted to use his power to protect one of his mason buddies so that's why the second kill has to go outside of that.

I AM STILL CONFUSED

Chief of Police: every day the town may elect a chief of police, who can block one player's action that night. if he blocks a mafia or untouchable, their kill chance is decreased by an amount equal to the remaining members against the total number of members (if there are 3 mafia, and you block one, mafia has a 2/3 chance of getting their kill)

I SWEAR HE CANNOT PROTECT SOMEONE.
    IS THERE SOMETHING I AM NOT READING?. HALP?
  • ..... so from my understanding damdred could not have protected anybody, yet experienced players, some of whom were bitching about reading the rules, are saying that he could have.
    And you'd also assume that Damdred would have attempted to use his power to protect one of his mason buddies so that's why the second kill has to go outside of that.
    ahhh that makes sense. Hadn't thought of that.
    can i, and walls, get an explanation??
  • I'm only going off of what the mod said in his night 1 results post.

Damdred chooses not to protect,
    I'm not sure if he could've protected or not, we need some clarification from aza. Its quite possible I've missed something from the rules.
  • yeah i see he can block roles.

i dont see him being able to protect.

• no, he could block someone, i assume the word protect in the story event was a typo.

• thats my take. we definitely need clarification tho
  • mod note:

damdred chose not to block, this was not a matter of it somehow failing
    ^ ghostly aid
  • edited November 2014
    Yes, *mages for sacraficial lamb chief of police!

As for this protect/block thing, the rules make it sound like he blocks a person to a certain percent, and people are confused thinking he protects, making me wonder if they are playing dumb, or not reading.
  • read the quote I posted, in the night 1 results update aza said "Damdred chose not to protect".

I kinda read that without re-reading page 1 and assumed Chief of Police could protect.
  • I must have missed that typo, but in the story I read he chose not to investigate, but I previously knew he was a blocking role (which kinda makes sense in the RP, but not very good for a mayoral role)

• You're talking about a serious meta-game move though. Before anybody else has really gotta into a discussion, I fake claim mason to get the masons out in the public. There are risks with a move like that, b/c it's going to be revealed almost immediately that I'm not mason. If I'm a member of the mafia, making a play like that is extremely risky. Especially how early in the game it was. Quite a few people hadn't logged on by that point, so I'd be essentially making the move without consulting my team. Plus I'm going to get attention on me and might die. Why take that risk so early if I'm mafia?

I'm flattered that you think it's something I might pull off, but I think it's far too risky and likely to get you killed early if you're mafia. I can do that kind of move as Vanilla Town because it will help town, and if I do die because of it then town just loses a Vanilla town.

I repeatedly say I'm town because there are a lot of eyes on me after that move. I believe I am an asset to the town and I need to be willingly to say so. If I don't defend myself, people will use that to say I'm mafia.

I do have a question for you dole:

Do you think the mason reveal was good or bad for town?

Yes, but this is the SKPFs, just the sort of place where you can attempt a power play like that on a night with no lynches so you can try to argue the town away by saying how suicidal your play was. When it wasn't because you couldn't be lynched. And you don't need to consult with the rest of the mafia to make your play, just warn them to distance themselves from you and boom, make your play. I don't think the move was that risky. It was good for the vigilantes and the mafia. The mafia know who to not argue with during the day and who aren't the Untouchables/Ness and are just people to use to cement themselves as good by voting patterns. It's good for the town only in hoping that the untouchables and Ness don't screw it up...yeah...right... I'd say it's a bit of a wash with a lean towards helping mafia.
  • And if you are vanilla town and you do think it's helping the town then I would still try to kill you for attempting to break the game.
  • And if you are vanilla town and you do think it's helping the town then I would still try to kill you for attempting to break the game.
    Meh this isn't really a break. What I did with the high storms was a break. I couldn't have done anything if the masons never admitted who they were. Then I'd be forced to admit fake claim and we'd be at normal situation.
  • I said attempting, I didn't say it was that powerful nor that you could have done it alone.
  • seems to me loafery is a bad person
  • my bad guys, i did that on my phone so the story was not as fluid as it should have been.

i meant block, not protect
  • edited November 2014

You are awfully quick to want to lynch someone. Seems to me that the mafia, since they know all of who is in it, would ideally want to lynch someone every day. I am inclined to believe SB right now and since I do that would lead me even further to believe you are trying to get rid of one of the more active town members.
  • edited November 2014
    Tormented

You are either really dumb or mafia.
  • I am neither, I am 100% town, but I don't believe you are working towards the town's interest right now
  • granted I also think both tyrsis and meadows are either mafia and goofing around by voting for each other or they are just being retarded. With them it is honestly a toss up lol
  • You are just dumb. Myself, Tyrsis, and Meadows are all town. Lrn2ReadPpl
  • Really? I have read every post, and nothing the three of you have said makes me sure you are town.
  • For that matter, how could you possibly know Tyrsis and meadows are both town.