Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Terra Form

Comments

• Terra is just easy as hell with almost no downside. The disadvantage is more than made up for by a single facet of its advantage. It dips into the bonuses of almost every other planet type. It has

- higher offense than anything but dW
    - better potential return times than anything but mysti
    - the absolute best defense, even better than oceanic.
    - lolsily better income than anything but fw or mount
    - easiest researches, which is one of the trickiest things for noobs to manage
    - second best pop farm in terms of potential population, I'd still use it over fw any day for that

There's barely any downside to it at all. It's stupidly easy to play with.
  • It really did become a kind of turbonewb planet after the last boost. Yay bcart
  • 0 res 0 rax 82% starmies 10% tcs 8% pfs!
    you made me giggle
  • 0 res 0 rax 82% starmies 10% tcs 8% pfs!
    you made me giggle
    You're dead to me.
  • what MissMeadows said basically, because it's true
  • ChefGreg is awesomem with Terra Form.
    Until RO decide to kt anyone not RO in the top 5 :P
  • Brazilian math.

is brazilian a number now?
  • how does that question even make sense?
  • Terra Form makes the best multis imo. Just ask Unreliable.
  • Does anyone know this about Research:
    I've finished Fusion and Energy Core, but Versudian Core and AI is not showing up yet?
    Why?

Oh darn, it requires research of Fighters, which also requires D/and LD. Was it always this way? There were no Fighters during my time. *cough*
  • Figured I would share this with everyone, since most people could use the advice.

Terra Form is the most handicapped PT you can choose. It pretty much offers the best all around bonuses that apply to economics, offense and defense with very little disadvantage. It's the rookies planet type.

Strategy in SK is 90% the same regardless of PT you choose. For example, the general rules apply to ALL planet types.
    1. Your kingdom needs power, so you build power plants. Regardless of PT, you'll have between 7-10% PPs
    2. Your kingdom requires barracks, so you'll build barracks. Depending on your size compared to others, you'll have between 20-35% barracks.
    3. Your kingdom needs population for soldiers. Given that everyone loves growth state as it is proven to be the most profitable, you'll need aprox 30% residence to train sufficient soldiers.
    4. For the most part, it is always profitable to run training camps. 10%. Nuff said.

That pretty much covers about 75 - 85% of your land, the other 15 - 25% is where people tend to choose Star Mines or Probe Factories. That is about your only real choice of how to structure your build.

Advanced Strategy:
    Most people go for SMs, because they're no good at using probes economicly. They tend to waste them by not using PAs, or use them for SoMs and such. Anyone can build this type of a kingdom, like I said the building ratios are pretty much the same for ANY planet type. The key difference is how active you are in utilizing your kingdom's other assets (Probes and WLs).

War Leaders:
    - A war leader at home is a kingdom that is not growing efficiently. Attacking is more economical than exploration, specially at a larger land size. My s2 account started 10 days late and i'm at 148 attacks already. Ideally you want to gain at lest 10% of your land per day attacking, and the less units you have to send out to attain that is obviously better. Nothing is a bigger waste than ppl that hit inacs for 10land per WL when there are KDs out there that can be grabbed for more land. Early on in the game, this is 99% of what defines your rank past day 5-7 of the round.

Probing:
    - If you're going to run probes, you need at least 15% of your land in PFs to get the necessary amount of probes to profit successfully. Probe count divided by 8 is the magic land size that you want to stay under when robbing, anything bigger you're going to fail and it'll hurt the probe count and the funds. Once probe levels have propagated, they're almost twice as profitable as the land used in SMs or Residence. This is what sets the pros apart from the others, early on they're stacked with probes and pulling in double the cash of even the best Terra Form builders that are without probes.

Lastly, building your military:
    ------------------------
    - You should always max soldier production before all else. No soldiers, you're fucked!
    - Never run yourself to 0 soldiers, build more expensive tanks if you have to. No soldiers, you're fucked!
    - In the early game, 100% tanks until 3k land. If you're playing properly you won't have enough soldiers for anything else.
    - Your military ratio should be aprox 1 tank : 2 Laser Dragoons : 1 Dragoon
    If you have extra surplus of soldiers then obviously you'll raise that ratio to like 1:3:1, but never running yourself out of soldiers.

Hope this helps.
    - Bean
    Thanks Bean. Hope you like the cookies:)
    ~goes back to kitchen and make some more~
    Ashy
  • No before you could get ai right away not anymore
  • No before you could get ai right away not anymore
    Phew and I think it was 12/0. Not even anymore.
  • Was 10-4 when I played
  • Bean, similar build for DW?
  • Was 10-4 when I played
    When it first come out at 6a, it was 10/4. Then it went 12/0 back when.

• Yeah never played when it was 12-0 I don't think
  • Yeah never played when it was 12-0 I don't think
    I did not look it here before I tried. 12/0 is when TFs are worth it. Now, with 3 layers of research before Versudian Core, I don't know . *shakes head*

• If you play tfs ok you can get tfs done in 5-6 days out of newb if you rush
    It's fun, and then multis kill you
  • well, you got to research dragoon, LD and Figthers, then Versudian?
    That is granting you also need tanks to make sure no one killed you out of newbie mode ?
    is that even possible Damdred?
    It's fun, and then multis kill you
    Merle, exactly what I was thinking?
  • Sure its possible, not to hard either especially with all the terra research bonuses
  • edited October 2014
    Mysti ftw

Next tick I will have attacked 12 times today.

#winning
  • So, terra is bad! I don't want to go kaputz out of newbie mode.
    Oceanic maybe?

That's coming from a Volcanic Player 10 years ago.
  • edited October 2014
    Terra is good but you have to be very opportunistic to become a huge threat. If you don't get those uncontested first grabs from large inactive, kts etc. then you will fall behind as a Terra. If you get the right grabs and can hold it there's a possibility to rise to the top.

I agree its the noobie planet type starting with but you have to be good to place with it.

Edit: Oceanic is terrible now a days. DW will still wreck you and you can't hit them back half the time.
  • edited October 2014
    Terra Form makes the best multis imo. Just ask Unreliable.
    id 200-240!!!!11one1

saying like that you'll make ppl think i'm the one making terra multis lol
  • Oceanic is horrible imo it goes dw, terra/mysti/fw then the rest. Just depends what you want to do