Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Terra Form

Comments

• can you get 40% fdc as terra?
  • see, ashe...with 40% fdc, you'll be able to identify the kingdoms, when 20 multis decide you have too many houses

• ~goes back to kitchen and make some more~
    Ashy
    Good girl, at least you know your place :p

• ~goes back to kitchen and make some more~
    Ashy
    Good girl, at least you know your place :p
    ~need more ideas. Gluten free? Nut free cookies?
    what's your favorite?

• ever since i stoped eating gluten i started feeling SO GOOD! OMG SO GOOD I CANT STOP TALKING ABOUT IT

-southpark
  • @Fauss: that is so good, so good.

Really don't know what's the reasoning, but gluten-free ingredients is so expensive.
    ~needs more Tfs, will make Gluten Free Cookies
  • @Fauss: that is so good, so good.

Really don't know what's the reasoning, but gluten-free ingredients is so expensive.
    ~needs more Tfs, will make Gluten Free Cookies
    its a reference to the last southpark episode in which your dick flies off if you eat gluten :D
  • ^

lol

but seriously. GLUTEN. TAG.

omg i just found the new alliance name for next round
  • I remember teh first round i saw fauss, meadows kept hititng him like a red headed dave
  • ^

lol

but seriously. GLUTEN. TAG.
    omg i just found the new alliance name for next round
    hahaha.
    Gluten Free. Lactose Free.

• yeah im not too familiar with too many people around sk ive played a few rounds here and there over the past 10 years or so and ive been molested pretty hard by some people :)

i hold no grudges though all is fair in war xD
  • Hi Fauss.

Terra is easy mode to make good KDs, for basically the reasons stated by bean/meadows... sadly, you die when you get TFs if you are near top cause you can push enough in first 2 days to break 98% of server
  • So Mercer, if I played Terra, I have to make sure I am not on top 10 and just stay alive.
  • it's pretty hard to not making it to top 10 actually

if you try to play on the DL sooner or later ull make it to top 10
  • Unless you decide to go Anti-turtle :P
  • Hell i played on the DL all round this round on a FW and i'm top 10 land! ON A FW!
  • Nah, I am lost there. it is been so long.
    in all my years of playing, I was never top on NW.

so tell me, what is this Anti-turtle thing? This is new for me.
  • Hell i played on the DL all round this round on a FW and i'm top 10 land! ON A FW!
    you were also afk for 3 weeks
  • Lol. TF rush on Terra Form is retarded obviously since the point of Terra form early is to run high pop.
    Longevity is really valuable, but it's just not worth rushing in most cases. I usually shoot for 8-10k land to get it on terra form. I tend to get it earlier on almost any other planet type. Not DW, maybe not oceanic.

Terra is great for people not at the top, good defense and nice income early. The liability of course is YOU HAVE TO KEEP BONUSES MAXED. On s2, power till 5-20k land, pop to about 35k-55k land money to about 70-90k land are probably good general guidelines. Depends on the round of course. Last round I played I had 1.26 mil sci just for money bonus (no mili) didn't stay maxed but close. Gets hard after a while. Where the mounts can give up income bonus and skyrocket by not needing so many sci/rax.

Terra is the hardest to keep bonuses maxed so it's easy for people to falter here. It's advantage with income is with the resi so pop bonus is a must. Rushing EC/RWCE is super valuable, getting PA very early is a must if going probes, goons and LD. Then just run low sci. No need for any research for a while. That's how I play

S1 and S2 are quite different. If the land gets up there high enough Terra becomes BY FAR the worst planet type. Not even remotely close to 2nd worst (dw) after 80k land if exploring. So you need big advantage by 30k land to have any hope of keeping up on s2. s1 you can survive out with terra better, till 40-50k you can probably do well.

It's not as strong as some people may think these days on s2. This round mysti creamed tf and others so much early on s2 there was no way to stay within 25% land with equal players with terra. DW if you can get your own sector is simply going to be the best early. Since DW is better than TF at ~40k+ land Terra just has a window where it should out-perform. Depends on how much lead the DW can get by about 3-4k land (Terra's sweet spot.

Mount and FW are so much better late on s2 about the only way to stay ahead is either be better or smack everyone else to the ground. Something Terra can definitely do if you're good. Best planet types for finishing well on s2 I would say Mount and FW are roughly equal, depends on bonus/play style, pretty big gap to Terra form, then DW Mysti VI/MT/Ocean. If you want to affect the round the most with military TF is often your best bet. If you want to rank high, mount and fw are definitely the best.

S1 on the other hand Terra is full beast
  • without bonuses mount makes 35% more than Terra form. With the bonuses with all res and power bonus for both, mount effectively only makes about 10% more if mount is mostly SM. So keeping the bonuses is huge while you can. Terra form just loves RWCE so much that 3-6k land is where you hit hit hit.

Something to keep in mind is Terra form is the planet type that is cheapest to shield probes. Shielding till probe armor is really important if you can do it without wasting power (by hitting max all the time) VI costs a bit more since it doesn't have the power production boost (only decreased power consumption)
  • So, terra is bad! I don't want to go kaputz out of newbie mode.
    Oceanic maybe?

That's coming from a Volcanic Planoyer 10 years ago.
    What? Fuck no!!! Oceanic sucks balls... Tacs in 5 days is easily obtainable but if your gonna AL bad choice! Turtle power :P
  • Ahem, mystis the best. All you otha bitches crawl. A skeet skeet mothafukkas
  • Ahem, mystis the best. All you otha bitches crawl. A skeet skeet mothafukkas
    DW OP eat it
  • Yeah, but in the end, its a lot harder to kill a Mysti then a DW if played right.
  • Yeah, but in the end, its a lot harder to kill a Mysti then a DW if played right.
    I don't think anyone have really KT me, even if they hated Fenris. I'm too likable to be killed. I bought their votes with cookies...not to KT me.

Is Terra turtle power? The the anti-turtle might seriously consider KT my kingdom?
  • only 3 WL for Terra?
    Unsupported TFS < massive # of goons
  • 3 wl during mobi? TFs are normally the second wave of kts, kill the dws, then go for the tfs as they can mass the second fastest and be a problem later. Then you look at Mysty/mountys and last fw depending on the point in the round. volcanic somewhere in there as well but they normally aren't a good kt meh
  • DWs are harder to kill cuase they can easily have enough goons to roll everyone on the server. Its why I live for 4-6 days as a KT xD