Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Terra Form

edited October 2014 in Game Talk
This planet is new to me, and I am interested in learning tip and tricks to best play Terra.
Anyone experience out there to help me how to mobilize this kingdom for decent gameplay?

How about a newbie guide for Terra Form? I know..I know...Vindicator said he won't play, no updates for his guide..so...PF folks, help me with Terra Form gameplay guide.

Comments

• ChefGreg is awesomem with Terra Form.
  • Terra Form is the easiest planet type for newbies and retards to play.
  • 70% residence, 10% rax, 10% pp, 10% tc, 10% probes

this will give you a solid all around build
    Bean, I know and I love you too.

* now, here is your cookie, let me ask the experts*
    There is lemonade by the exit, I was told Josh is now old enough to drink the Vodka. You can have his special pink lemonade.

How did you do the Math ?
    70 + 10 + 10 + 10 + 10 ?
    I did not know that you can do that :P
  • Brazilian math.
  • oh god lol that math is good

Fact

• I always play at 110%
  • I always play at 110%

i usually go with a few more mines as well

70% residence, 10% rax, 25% mines, 10% fusions, 10% trainings and 25% probes for you will hate yourself if you skip probes

play the full 150%

• 150%?

this isnt even my final form
  • 0 res 0 rax 82% starmies 10% tcs 8% pfs!
  • I always play at 110%
    who doesn't?
  • I did 60 Res, 35 mines, 10% rest and that worked pretty good. Probes are okay, really for 1 probe uses really.

his coach told him to GIVE 110%
    Bean, I know and I love you too.

* now, here is your cookie, let me ask the experts*
    There is lemonade by the exit, I was told Josh is now old enough to drink the Vodka. You can have his special pink lemonade.
    That's some stellar advice you're getting from the "experts". Lol
  • Brazilian math.

• Step one, build kd step 2 be eaten by dw
  • Can step 3 be kt all the DWs?
  • One round of "KT the turtles" would be fun.
  • what beanland said basically, because it's true
  • One round of "KT the turtles" would be fun.

The amount of tears that would follow this would be 5x worse than when zeal watches the notebook

Been here before. He won't acknowledge the joke.
  • make sure you give JoshR691 credit
    Been here before. He won't acknowledge the joke.
    Wait up, you mean it wasn't just a typo?
  • A typo he makes often.
  • what beanland said basically, because it's true
    Meadows, so Terra is not a good planet type to play with?
  • I always play at 110%

i usually go with a few more mines as well

70% residence, 10% rax, 25% mines, 10% fusions, 10% trainings and 25% probes for you will hate yourself if you skip probes

play the full 150%

i have way too much probes, but since the universe is small, not enough money for star mines, so steal money from everywhere for tanks. it is possible not to build star mines, just massive probe factories?

• Figured I would share this with everyone, since most people could use the advice.

Terra Form is the most handicapped PT you can choose. It pretty much offers the best all around bonuses that apply to economics, offense and defense with very little disadvantage. It's the rookies planet type.

Strategy in SK is 90% the same regardless of PT you choose. For example, the general rules apply to ALL planet types.
    1. Your kingdom needs power, so you build power plants. Regardless of PT, you'll have between 7-10% PPs
    2. Your kingdom requires barracks, so you'll build barracks. Depending on your size compared to others, you'll have between 20-35% barracks.
    3. Your kingdom needs population for soldiers. Given that everyone loves growth state as it is proven to be the most profitable, you'll need aprox 30% residence to train sufficient soldiers.
    4. For the most part, it is always profitable to run training camps. 10%. Nuff said.

That pretty much covers about 75 - 85% of your land, the other 15 - 25% is where people tend to choose Star Mines or Probe Factories. That is about your only real choice of how to structure your build.

Advanced Strategy:
    Most people go for SMs, because they're no good at using probes economicly. They tend to waste them by not using PAs, or use them for SoMs and such. Anyone can build this type of a kingdom, like I said the building ratios are pretty much the same for ANY planet type. The key difference is how active you are in utilizing your kingdom's other assets (Probes and WLs).

War Leaders:
    - A war leader at home is a kingdom that is not growing efficiently. Attacking is more economical than exploration, specially at a larger land size. My s2 account started 10 days late and i'm at 148 attacks already. Ideally you want to gain at lest 10% of your land per day attacking, and the less units you have to send out to attain that is obviously better. Nothing is a bigger waste than ppl that hit inacs for 10land per WL when there are KDs out there that can be grabbed for more land. Early on in the game, this is 99% of what defines your rank past day 5-7 of the round.

Probing:
    - If you're going to run probes, you need at least 15% of your land in PFs to get the necessary amount of probes to profit successfully. Probe count divided by 8 is the magic land size that you want to stay under when robbing, anything bigger you're going to fail and it'll hurt the probe count and the funds. Once probe levels have propagated, they're almost twice as profitable as the land used in SMs or Residence. This is what sets the pros apart from the others, early on they're stacked with probes and pulling in double the cash of even the best Terra Form builders that are without probes.

Lastly, building your military:
    ------------------------
    - You should always max soldier production before all else. No soldiers, you're fucked!
    - Never run yourself to 0 soldiers, build more expensive tanks if you have to. No soldiers, you're fucked!
    - In the early game, 100% tanks until 3k land. If you're playing properly you won't have enough soldiers for anything else.
    - Your military ratio should be aprox 1 tank : 2 Laser Dragoons : 1 Dragoon
    If you have extra surplus of soldiers then obviously you'll raise that ratio to like 1:3:1, but never running yourself out of soldiers.

Hope this helps.
    - Bean