Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The Hockey Thread (ey?)

Comments

• Yeah. Williams has been a stud. When he scored the first goal of this game he cemented it. If kopi or doughty or gabby would have had a big game or the OT winner it could have swung their way.
  • Dustin browns first words with the cup "fuckin right"

Hands cup to regher, classy
  • haha freidman telling a journalist to fuck off basically
  • Hawks :(
  • Nothing but class. Just watched the game, can't even complain... so much fun to watch! The one bonus to being an Oilers fan is that it's made me more of a good-hockey-fan in general, rather than cheering for one team haha. My one team is currently bad, so I'm forced to broaden my horizons :D

Williams deserves all the glory he's getting, just a champ all around. Quick played a hell of a playoffs, I'm happy they were forced to fight tooth and nail for this cup though, it'll make them stronger in the long haul.
  • he played way better in his first cup run, this one he was on and off imo. great finals though, 2 double overtimes, 1 overtime, close games. they pretty much played 6 games lol
  • dallas for the stanley cup 2015!
  • hhaah yaaaah suuuuuure
  • Gagner for Purcell? I laugh at every single person who talks trash about MacT... he has worked magic on this line-up.

Gags was worth a bag of pucks given his contract, so this is a huuuuge win. Teddy is a workhorse and hes big.

On the flipside? Gags will be playing in a division with smaller players... he might thrive. Wish him all the best, but happy to welcome Teddy :D
  • gags was traded to the coyotes 20 minutes after bruh

also you had such a hard on for gags at one point lol don't lie
  • I feel for him... his confidence is probably 0 right now. I love him, hes a good player, but his contract was inflated and Purcell is a better player. Just overall a win for the Oil.
  • overall lose for TB LOL all they got was a 6th rounder, gave up purcell and crombeen
  • They are dumping salary (but took on 1/3 of this contract) to make a play for niskinin or stasny
  • man lots of activity today! gonna be a fun free agent frenzy tomorow!
  • should be interesting to say the least :)
  • Maybe there will be a lockout soon its about time for one right?
  • Hope Benning and Linden and Desjardins pick up a good goalie.
    huehuehue
    huehuehue
    Not even funny! :'(
  • So guys recently moved back home to Anchorage. Decided to start following a a new sport. Since soccer and NBA are filled with a bunch of pansy ass faking fucks and MLB has WAAAAYYYYY to many games to keep track of and is boring to watch unless you are in person. I decided hockey. I had a few rules for picking a team. Had to be an underdog and couldnt be canadian or from the retarded east coast so it was suggested that I should pick the Phoenix Coyotes. Which was cool because I was born in that city of hellfire. Seriously, Phoenix is a monument to mans arrogance.

been watching a bunch of Mighty Ducks to get back in the swing of things. Anything else I should know?
    huehuehue
    Not even funny! :'(
    Funny cause its true
  • So guys recently moved back home to Anchorage. Decided to start following a a new sport. Since soccer and NBA are filled with a bunch of pansy ass faking fucks and MLB has WAAAAYYYYY to many games to keep track of and is boring to watch unless you are in person. I decided hockey. I had a few rules for picking a team. Had to be an underdog and couldnt be canadian or from the retarded east coast so it was suggested that I should pick the Phoenix Coyotes. Which was cool because I was born in that city of hellfire. Seriously, Phoenix is a monument to mans arrogance.

been watching a bunch of Mighty Ducks to get back in the swing of things. Anything else I should know?
    They're now the Arizona Coyotes and they never played out of Phoenix, they play out of Scottsdale

also that's a terrible franchise to pick lol i'd have personally picked the Avalanche if i were you and your rules

They're now the Arizona Coyotes and they never played out of Phoenix, they play out of Scottsdale

also that's a terrible franchise to pick lol i'd have personally picked the Avalanche if i were you and your rules
    Terrible is my middle name...my NFL team has been the Vikings my whole life. You get use to the disappointment after a while
  • Yup, they changed their name. They are buying out Mike Ribiero, Sean Burke (your goalie goach) is really good. Your division is brutal. You made it to the conference finals a couple years ago but then lost to the juggernaut LAKings.
  • I was thinking of choosing lA Kings but they have some negative connotations as does everything out of CA
  • Also. Being in Alaska you have access to closer teams like the oil canucks and flsmes, and their could be a Seattle team to root for sooner than later
  • *Can't be Canadian.
  • the Kings are the Ideal type of team i'd want in Ottawa but alas that will never happen
  • *Can't be Canadian.
    Then hold out for Seattle team vilt