Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The Matrix WW (Smith Wins)

Comments

• I have received intelligence from a person stating that Ixta is Cypher, and she revealed this to the crew of the Neb.

That being said, as of tomorrow she can betray the neb. I believe this person's testimony, and if it turns out that Ixta is not evil, i will turn over the person who told me that tonight after the lynch so that justice may be sought IF i die.

Ixta for Lynch
    Seems legit Ixta for Lynch
  • Well this game just slowed down.
  • I'm trying to get caught up here. Not sure why I'm suspicious while I'm on vacation. I'll go with lynch ixta and mages mayor seer power
  • I still don't have a role.
    Your point?
  • I still don't have a role.
    on the bright side they could just lynch you and then your role would be dead :P
  • dead isn't a role it's a way of life

quietly leaves thread to not get in trouble
  • dead isn't a role it's a way of life

quietly leaves thread to not get in trouble
    I lol'd
  • And there's the SB I love.
    I first read this as SOB and I was about to be like well thats rude but then i reread it and it makes more sense now :P
  • Is it just me or does it feel like the MOD went inactive?
  • *sigh* You guys are not thinking things through. You need to optimize role usage, and use your days wisely.

Lynch someone you're going to gain information from. You're still trying to figure out who the bad guys are. Spend your day dealing with that. You gain no information from killing me, and you know I"m 100% trustworthy today. Ask the crew to NK me if you're worried about tomorrow, and let's get on with things.

namely: Loafery. I can't believe you're giving him a pass so easily. bad idea, imo.
    lynch Loafrery

I get good vibes from Aza, but Kloudi was the person I wanted to view last night. She's new, so be gentle maybe, but don't let her off the hook either. She needs to have some scrutiny in her direction. Remember, we're playing to win the game, not to give everyone warm fuzzies.

And for the sake of all that's good, quit telling the bad guys who has the power roles! I seriously cannot believe you guys. This is basic game play. Filter your information. Going merrily along telling people that player x is role y is what gets people shot or taken over. If you think a player is in the Crew, shut your mouth and don't talk about it, or you're sentencing them to death.

We want to relay information that helps town, and not information that helps scum.
  • Where have we told the bad guys the power roles Ixta
    "Hey Ixta, please point out all the juiciest information, just in case the bad guys missed it the first time around!

Come on Mages, you're not thinking. I know you're better than that.
  • Wow man so many dang posts throughout the day, and as to answering Loafery's question, I leave my computer on while im at work and left it on the PF's so im not sure if that would keep me on the side bar as showing on? I don't have time to check my phone during work because I roof so when I go on break I go to the store/eat, come back and back up onto the roof to work again. Your honestly sniffing up the wrong tree if you find me "suspicious" considering im sure I have done nothing to seem so? But thats just my defense, since everyone gets theirs it seems.

I also feel I can trust mages based on how the story unfolded and other things.

Mages Mayor, Seer Power

Do I also have to lynch today or will I die if I don't? If I have to...

Lynch Ixta

It seems we can lynch someone suspicious, and NK you, or the crew can NK someone suspicious and they lynch you?
  • i've already stated if smith guns me, or converts me, i'm handing the information over to good side and smith dies.
    That's not playing true to the game though. :/ You need to play for your personal win condition. If you get converted, you should play as a converted person.

I just had a thought though. If there's one alignment changing invention, can there be two? I go bad tomorrow, but if I get a good guy pill tonight.... problem solved?

• Lynch Ixta

It seems we can lynch someone suspicious, and NK you, or the crew can NK someone suspicious and they lynch you?
    Lynches are good because they generate discussion and information. Killing me with a lynch is worse than useless. If you want me dead, tell the Crew to kill me with their NK. It's a much better use of that power, and it's better to have them use it on me than to have them using it randomly and likely hitting a townie.
  • Many people last game I ran made a pact stating if any of them were turned they'd hold true to their original teammates, i wanted to try it on this game, see how it felt. : )
    Hrm, I don't like that. There's no point having conversion in the game mechanics if people plan to ignore it anyway. There's no point playing if you're not going to actually play it the way it's supposed to be played.
  • (in all fairness theres no telling what the people would of actually done last game giving that they weren't converted and that someone in the pact acted evily the inventor just outfoxed them)
  • Except that by killing you today, and me seeing someone tonight, and neo seeing someone tonight potentially, it gives us the option to kill 2 further evils. It's taking advantage of time elements.
    You seeing someone is irrelevant. You wouldn't be able to tell the crew who you saw before they'd have to have their action for tonight submitted. And what happens if you both see innocents? Random NKs hurt town far more often than they help. This is a basic fact.
  • i dont think there is a "supposed" way of playing. different people have different play styles, and while you are certainly one of the best players, there are several other really good players who disagree with you on this one
  • But weren't you known to have said you have no desire to become evil and that NK should kill you before/after you turn evil? Is that not violating the mechanics?
    Um, Cypher is a weird character. Going by flavor, I'm technically good right now. Legitimately good. If a good guy knew they were going to go bad, they'd want people to stop them. In that manner, I'm playing true to my current alignment.

Cypher is broken imo, but I already talked to Damdred about an easy fix if he ever plays this ruleset again.
  • i dont think there is a "supposed" way of playing. different people have different play styles, and while you are certainly one of the best players, there are several other really good players who disagree with you on this one
    I"m not sure exactly what this is referring to, actually.
  • edited June 2014
    Many people last game I ran made a pact stating if any of them were turned they'd hold true to their original teammates, i wanted to try it on this game, see how it felt. : )
    Hrm, I don't like that. There's no point having conversion in the game mechanics if people plan to ignore it anyway. There's no point playing if you're not going to actually play it the way it's supposed to be played.
    How is that not fair its a different way to play the game and in that circumstance it worked. However it may not work for every game. didnt you just say that you would stay true to your team mean that you wouldnt turn to evil either meaning that you would still with the original faction you were given? is that not in a way the same thing Cypher is meant to be evil but by not turning on your team doesnt that mean you are choosing the side of good regardless of how the game is "supposed" to be played.

You say one thing and then contradict your self so which is it or is this an attempt to save your skin for 1 more day?
  • That's not so, Ixta - Damdred doesn't gather the night actions, hold them til he writes the story, and then tells the players, he gets the block action from tank, then will fill in others on what the results of their actions were. I.e. he tells seer once he knows tank hasn't blocked the seers ability. The seer then tells Neo or the Vigilante.

So me seeing tonight, presuming Tank doens't block me, will tell me instantly what aperson has - and should i find Smith, Jones or Brown, they will die by Neo or the Neb.

(And this is exactly why i'm going to start holding actions until I get all relevant actions to each other especially those who are in conversations already XD)
  • That's not so, Ixta - Damdred doesn't gather the night actions, hold them til he writes the story, and then tells the players, he gets the block action from tank, then will fill in others on what the results of their actions were. I.e. he tells seer once he knows tank hasn't blocked the seers ability. The seer then tells Neo or the Vigilante.

So me seeing tonight, presuming Tank doens't block me, will tell me instantly what aperson has - and should i find Smith, Jones or Brown, they will die by Neo or the Neb.

Ah, I didn't realize he ran it like that. Not my style. *shrug*

Either way, you are more likely to both see town anyway, and then there's no guidance for crew, and they either waste the kill, or shoot randomly, and both of those are bad options.

• How is that not fair its a different way to play the game and in that circumstance it worked. However it may not work for every game. didnt you just say that you would stay true to your team mean that you wouldnt turn to evil either meaning that you would still with the original faction you were given? is that not in a way the same thing Cypher is meant to be evil but by not turning on your team doesnt that mean you are choosing the side of good regardless of how the game is "supposed" to be played.

You say one thing and then contradict your self so which is it or is this an attempt to save your skin for 1 more day?
    My point is that players should play toward their alignment's win condition. Cypher starts off legitimately good so I'm currently playing for the good team. If day 3 hits, I'll play for the bad team. And please, ridiculous accusations are ridiculous. If I wanted to save my skin, I would never have told anyone I was Cypher. That much should at least be obvious.
  • Anyway, i'm off to work!
  • The Neb doesn't have to kill tonight,
    Then you're just wasting time. Use today to figure out who looks the most suspicious, lynch one of them, and try to see the others. Why you're fighting against efficiency, i don't know.
  • 4:30 am now....gonna throw in a couple points.

cypher: as a matter of fair play, doesnt make sense that he declares himself as this just because he were told by mod (by role description) that he will change sides at day3 (i'll adress this in ww mechanics thread)

ixta: low benefit in declaring herself as cypher unless she planned on sticking with good guys...probably not lying...i guess we'll find out today...

mages: intentionally betraying your side by helping good side while being evil? another matter of fairplay and evil will probably complain when game is over...

Me: reading ixta's posts makes me feel like i have no idea how to play this game lol...(i really dont, but i could go through it without actually feeling it)

were there other points? i remember seeing a red pill written somewhere but its dark on bright screen and now letters are blurry...be back in 3h...
  • if ixta gets lynched today, will mayor seer loafery?

he posted an entire list of people and their possible roles, this could either be him speaking from his heart or a plan to sneak false information through the sense of security caused by the "ok, now we have an idea on who's good and not".

I say this because he put himself as villager, and not good role. He could be a bad guy not wanting a target on his head for the jhonson&jhonson duo killer...

I wonder if a villager wouldnt put himself as good role to be a "room of maneuver" as pointed out by our late and not much silent mr.butterfingers...
  • edited June 2014
    I dont like the railroading by Mages and the way he is leading the charge to Lynch Ixta so...

Lynch Mages

Though he does seem to have insight so if he doesnt die...
    Mages for Mayor-Seer

(Sorry for not posting more yesterday... was a busy day for me. I have read and reread {brain isnt working well} everything going on)
  • and there is a lot to read lol