Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Star Kingdoms Round 69 - World War

Comments

• I'm not actually sure how to make a proper igloo... I'm failing at being a proper Canadian
  • Psh gimme a rifle I'll bring Ya a caribou :) guess zeal right. I plow snow, hunt and live in mi which is pretty much fucking Canada. Where's my free insurance?
  • America's mascot
  • America's mascot
    dont be jelly
  • Psh gimme a rifle I'll bring Ya a caribou :) guess zeal right. I plow snow, hunt and live in mi which is pretty much fucking Canada. Where's my free insurance?
    OHIP in Ontario, so just cross the bridge/walk over to Windsor.

However, if you choose to live in beautiful British Columbia, you have to pay privately.
  • Healthcare isn't free, we just don't have to go through all the bullshit of paying for it through private companies that take their cut off the top, and make us run around to certain doctors and networks and such.

For healthy people like me, we pay into the system so that the unhealthy lifestyles (like smokers) can have cancer treatment. Almost the same as how we pay into EI and welfare so that people can sit on their asses as have things handed to them.
  • When does round end?
  • ugh, thats so far away, at this rate i'll end up back in the top 100
  • ugh, thats so far away, at this rate i'll end up back in the top 100
    I'm sure you can get KT'd before then if you wanted
  • Healthcare isn't free, we just don't have to go through all the bullshit of paying for it through private companies that take their cut off the top, and make us run around to certain doctors and networks and such.

For healthy people like me, we pay into the system so that the unhealthy lifestyles (like smokers) can have cancer treatment. Almost the same as how we pay into EI and welfare so that people can sit on their asses as have things handed to them.
    So, true. We paid for our OHIP through our Provincial Taxes (darn, don't get me there, I just finished sending my tax today via Netfile).

I also got a complain with EI benefits too, we paid for it, hoping that when we need it, we will have it send to us to replace our income ASAP. Not the case. Apparently, you have to wait for weeks before you get the Insurance that you ALREADY paid for. I discovered this process few years ago when I took maternity leave. Glad I never have to use EI again because its too much of a hassle.

I wish EI have swipe card in order for us to get the benefits, because we paid for this insurance already. Just swipe it when you need it.

My dental plan paid for your insurance coverage right away, then you only pay for the client portion of minimal amount.

But the other recepient, there are few in my city and I don't know what's the deal.
  • anyone else think that its sexist that paternity leave is almost non existent?

• edited March 2015
    anyone else think that its sexist that paternity leave is almost non existent?

In canada, at least in Ontario, both parents can claim the parental leave for a total of 1 year. I think I am using the old term maternity leave, in fact, they call it now "parental leave".

So, the mom can get 6 months leave and the dad can get 6 months leave, total of 1 year for the couple.

OR

If the dad likes to stay home, it is also possible. I believe the mom can get 1 month to recover from the delivery, and the dad can take the 11 months parental leave. That is paternity leave if we use my archaic term.

For my case, I took the 8 months leave, and my husband took 4 months. It was financial reasons depending on the company that you work for. He would have love to take the full 6 months parental (dad) leave.

USA/or UK may have different policy.
  • edited March 2015
    Well IIRC the USA has worse than dogshit laws in that regard for both the mother and father.
  • Yeah, the USA's policy is screw you dad, you're not important nor do you need bonding time with your children. But please, we encourage you to use all your paid vacation time that you will likely need in the future for doctor appointments etc.

In China, you don't get any time off so recover quick and get the f*ck back to work
  • Women (or parents depending on arrangement) get 12 months off in Canada with the government paying 55% of your wages you earned in your best 16 weeks before going off. Not bad.

What is it in the US? 6 weeks for the mother?
  • Australia, Canada and some african countries are members of the Commonwealth of Nations.. and so should join with the UK..
  • The Canadian SK players as talented as they are would be cutting off their balls if they were doing anything but representing.
  • Australia, Canada and some african countries are members of the Commonwealth of Nations.. and so should join with the UK..
    Yeh
    Commonwealth v rest of the world is better
  • I'm Aussie so guess we have no other choice than with the Brits :P

Would be interesting how it all panned out
  • druglords gonna beat you all, yo
  • edited March 2015
    Dear @Cobras,

You suck!

Sincerely,
    The Most American American of ALL SK
    TMonsta
  • Lynog and me = round over.

The end
  • JonesA_AFC

The end
    We will just wait 1 week see who the top 2 is and kill them. You guys can't hide.

The end
    We will just wait 1 week see who the top 2 is and kill them. You guys can't hide.
    thats counted as a win, be able to smash everyone and having to be killed for being awesome. Its the scouse way.
  • ^
    i count this round as a win after forcing vortex to organize two different 2v1s to kill me
  • This would be the round.

Everything quiet as we try our best. Civil hits are made. Nothing raging. About 3 weeks in UK has an advantage... but then...

All the sudden KDs in UK start taking massive trains with the first two hits coming from within. WTF? Oh thats just Lynog and JoneL destroying RO Kds. Oh thats Lynog and Jones? Kill them.

/round
  • This would be the round.

Everything quiet as we try our best. Civil hits are made. Nothing raging. About 3 weeks in UK has an advantage... but then...

All the sudden KDs in UK start taking massive trains with the first two hits coming from within. WTF? Oh thats just Lynog and JoneL destroying RO Kds. Oh thats Lynog and Jones? Kill them.

/round
  • I'd serve popcorn sprinkled with Jalapeño and hash up cookies.

You are all dead!

wait, there is pie for dessert.