Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Star Kingdoms - Round 66 - Era of Probicide

Comments

• Kinda screws R/R kds...
  • its the death of R/R or don't even try it.
  • nah it's just Resless rackless probeless....lol that will work right?
  • nah it's just Resless rackless probeless....lol that will work right?
    hehehe
  • ma boys we can use proper punctuation again! ''''''
  • Just fix oceanic already. Could even help MT and VI too while your at it. Bio had it right maybe -75% building costs +20% defense +25% research required. That would at least be enough for some people to play it. Seems you forgot these even exist.
  • Would've liked it even more if the minimum of 10% lost somehow took out the enemies probes and/or military. Still a good round.. er, "bonus".
  • the round of probe farms, save the probes up high and only lose 10% meh, worth it
  • MINIMUM of 10%, Bio. :p
  • double the production means that probefarms with 90% PFs dont care

• The era where we import probes from Walmart.
    Cheap but they die easy.
  • Still going to be funny if you lose 100% of your probes.
  • Even if it is 10% max of your probes, If I wake up with 5 PA's and have 40k probes to use for robs, I'm gonna drop to 36k, ~33k, ~30k, ~27k, ~25k.

A boost to probe production doesn't make it worth it.
  • Even if it is 10% max of your probes, If I wake up with 5 PA's and have 40k probes to use for robs, I'm gonna drop to 36k, ~33k, ~30k, ~27k, ~25k.

He gives you lesson of cheap and easy production, but will die too easy. (cheap manufacturing).

But, they will be replaced next tick - as quick as they die, you got them attack. Just weak clones that is.

• Nah, you're screwed if you do high probes. Just a little bit of Math proves that.

He gives you lesson of cheap and easy production, but will die too easy. (cheap manufacturing).

But, they will be replaced next tick - as quick as they die, you got them attack. Just weak clones that is.

They wont be back next tick. If I lose 15k probes in a matter of minutes, it's going to take ~400 PF's and an entire day to make those back.
  • edited October 2014
    Ouch! I hope he screwed up the formula - so we can have immediate replacement.

Or the era where we don't steal at all.

Reserve probes for immediate SOM.
    I might be dreaming, but don't we use to have 10 probe runs?
  • Twice the normal rate isn't enough... 100-200% of pfs each tick won't outwigh the losses.... Quadruple the output of pfs and maybe its interesting.
  • Nah, you're screwed if you do high probes. Just a little bit of Math proves that.
    Take your math and go Fuck yourself
  • There goes my probe farms
  • There goes my probe farms
    He read your mind and beat you to it.

• Bcarts always messing with me whenever I decide to play. Round 61 and now this! Someone fetch me musket!
    I've got a banana will that do?
  • The wording has been updated to read: "Every probe mission 10% to 20% of the probes sent will explode in hyperspace before reaching the target kingdom."

Some of you were asking about probe armour and shields. Let me clarify. The probes explode before reaching their target.

For example you sent 10,000 probes to an enemy target.
    - On the way 10% explode. The calculations are now based on 9,000 remaining probes.
    - The success of the mission is calculated based on 9,000 probes.
    - The cost of shields remains 20,000 power because you don't know which probes will explode.
    - The probes take normal additional losses at the enemy kingdom. Let's say 1% before reductions.
    - You enabled shields and have probe armour so the loss is reduced by 4 times to 0.25%.
    - In total on this mission you sent 10,000 probes and lost 1,022 probes.

• Holy shit, checking the forums 2 days in a row? Hrs playing this round
  • HE IS ALIVE
  • God has spoken!
  • So no 100% probe losses? Damn, such a shame.
  • So no 100% probe losses? Damn, such a shame.
    i will play all sci this round.
  • edited October 2014
    This is still bad though. can't shields help reduce the 10%? :( then it'd be great ;) A normal 10-20% loss would be amazing.
    Nice to see an actual clarification post though! Awesome