Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Star Kingdoms - Round 66 - Era of Probicide

Comments

• Much more balanced....now make oceanic awesome!
  • @sham i dotn expect him to make it what i want,..what i expect is maybe he balances the fucking game retard...instead of making it more unbalanced and less playable for any other type of planet type beyond the ones that he for some reason decides to make over powered
    Fact is DW hardly ever wins and Terra / Mounty / FW ALL beat dw in the long run... If your worried bout getting broke in the first 10 days I suggest land in a top alliance n pump d... not hard to play sk, every pt except oceanic is very playable depending how your style play is
  • The wording has been updated to read: "Every probe mission 10% to 20% of the probes sent will explode in hyperspace before reaching the target kingdom."

Some of you were asking about probe armour and shields. Let me clarify. The probes explode before reaching their target.

For example you sent 10,000 probes to an enemy target.
    - On the way 10% explode. The calculations are now based on 9,000 remaining probes.
    - The success of the mission is calculated based on 9,000 probes.
    - The cost of shields remains 20,000 power because you don't know which probes will explode.
    - The probes take normal additional losses at the enemy kingdom. Let's say 1% before reductions.
    - You enabled shields and have probe armour so the loss is reduced by 4 times to 0.25%.
    - In total on this mission you sent 10,000 probes and lost 1,022 probes.

Based on these parameters I ran a simulation of how probes will work for people robbing hourly.

Your probes will drop VERY heavily until they hit the balance point where PFs and losses meet. Which then robbing returns to land amounts are as follows:

Without Shields: 70 plat per land
    With Shields: 76 plat per land
    With shields & armour: 81 plat per land

Given that even the shittiest income buildings produce almost double, PFs are a waste of your time.

Suggestion to @Bcartfall

In order to make probes feasible for robbing, kidnaps, etc. The parameters for probes blowing up needs to be set between 2.5% - 5%. This puts rob returns into the value range of about 170 plat per PF, assuming that players can find KDs sitting on the amount of money required to max rob.
  • The best of the luckiest sims I ran produced a balance point of 9 probes per PF, given Shields and Armour were used. This is where your probe production will meet the losses if you're using your probes hourly.

My advice: Don't waste your time!
  • P.S.

Since you need 8x your target's land in probes to be successful... Have fun trying to maintain that ratio :p
  • the point of this was not to make probes viable

if anything the point of this round was to make using probes nonviable. killing targets by kidnaps is going to be impossible

welcome to the round where pk by missiles only. o wait we can only missile once per hour with barely 100 kingdoms in an alliance, guess no pks this round!
  • he should have called it, the

'era of 14 hours of sleep'

since nobody will rob
  • Robbing late rd is viable

just sux going probes early with no noobies
  • edited October 2014
    Robbing inactives won't be turrible for a week or so
  • he should have called it, the

'era of 14 hours of sleep'

since nobody will rob
    Sounds about right.

I was plotting same thing. It is pointless, dead before hitting the target.
  • Round 65 was tiresome. I welcome the 14 hours of sleep.
  • At least pfs makes 100 to 200% this rd

if only multi man made newbie farms
  • I hate to say it but bean's math/sim is wrong.
    A normal 0.025-0.05 is ~0.0375 avg lost. That means each probe lasts on average 26.7 pas. (assuming max robs that 267 per probe)*1.5 probes per land/tick=400. $400 per land is NICE. It's about like a normal round.

If it was this 10+(1.25-2.5)% thing where shields truly cut losses in half it would be ok at some point. 0.1188 per pa. With probe armor a probe lasts 0.0594. 1/0.0594=16.8 pa*1.5 prob es/tick/land*10 inc/probe/use=$252 per land. A big nerf to probes but it is still viable. The way to make it good there would be with shields. Would be $504 per land - shielding costs. shielding is 2 power/probe/use. Assume normal pt fusion ec. 140*(1+.1 (ec)+.5 (solar)+.5 power bonus)=140*2.1=294 power per land. 147 probes shielded per land per tick. Cost of shielding is thus 2/147=.0136 probe losses. round up to .015 for annoyance of shielding probes. Shielding saves .0594/2=.0297 probes per tick. So effective loss here is 0.0297+.015=0.0447 probes lost per use. 1/0.0447=22.4 uses per probe*1.5 (probe/land/tick)*10=$336 per land.

Now this is profitable! Barely. Only if near max robs. Hence still the nerf we are looking for. BUT they are somewhat viable especially if nobody has them you get choice cuts and can rob down competition or force probe shields. It also makes SoKs a lot more reasonable. So this would be my suggestion.

This is a big change. This round just sucks for probes.

Q.E.D.
  • The way this round is structured now it ends up pf are worth about $130 (120 shield) each if you rob. Cant be done (12% loss) 1/.12~8.5*1.5=13*10~$130.

Robs completely unviable. And SoK's I doubt could be either.
  • ALL HAIL OUR LORD BCart HE HAS SPOKEN AND IT SHALL BE SO
  • will the 1 probe trick still work?
  • @Bcartfall PLEASE FIX THE APESTROPHE BUG on the forums!

any post with a ' in it will automatically be hidden.
  • BCart actually lives? Just like The Phantom?
  • BCart actually lives? Just like The Phantom?
    THE END IS NEIGH!
  • I hate to say it but bean's math/sim is wrong.
    A normal 0.025-0.05 is ~0.0375 avg lost. That means each probe lasts on average 26.7 pas. (assuming max robs that 267 per probe)*1.5
    There is nothing wrong with my #s.
    If you have 100 PFs, that make 150 probes /hr. Your probes are going to settle out at about 820 probes (If you're using them hourly, no shields, no armor, no fails)... That means per PF, you're only going to average $82 per PF per hour.

1.5 / (18.1875% /100) = 8.2474 probes per PF x10 = $82.474 per hour per PF.
    18.1875% = overall loss avaerage (15% average loss THEN 3.75% average loss)

-------------------
    The other way you can look at it is income that each probe will create before it essentially will die. Using 100,000 probes in a loop where losses are valued @ 18.1875%, each loop calculated rob returns on remaining probes. Your probes have averaged 54.9948 $ per probe. 1PF created 1.5 probes/hr therefore 1PF = 55x1.5 = $82.5 income per hour.

Probe Armour and shielding:
    94.98 income per PF
  • Why don't you guys run an OLS regression?
  • Even if you plug in all these numbers using R, it will still force you to abandon high probe ratio because it is crap.
    The hope for good income is SM, and hope that the robbers probe all explode in transit.

SOM will be tricky, and inactives will be hit blindly. I can see many failed hit on inactives. ( no...i do that, I am clumsy).
  • Even if you plug in all these numbers using R, it will still force you to abandon high probe ratio because it is crap.
    The hope for good income is SM, and hope that the robbers probe all explode in transit.

SOM will be tricky, and inactives will be hit blindly. I can see many failed hit on inactives. ( no...i do that, I am clumsy).
    Go back to the kitchen dear, the adults are having a discussion.
  • ∆ LOL atta boy bean.
  • isnt ashnod an azin? i trust the maths

Go back to the kitchen dear, the adults are having a discussion.
    Yes dear, need to make more cookies! Any special request?

The garbage bag by the front steps, kindly bring it out once you and your guest are done!

~back to making cookies~

• isnt ashnod an azin? i trust the maths
    You can trust the beans more! Fiber!
  • Holy crap, Bean. That was brilliant!
  • i like this round bonus
  • the point of this was not to make probes viable

if anything the point of this round was to make using probes nonviable. killing targets by kidnaps is going to be impossible

welcome to the round where pk by missiles only. o wait we can only missile once per hour with barely 100 kingdoms in an alliance, guess no pks this round!
    Don't worry, this is where probe farms come in handy.