Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

MTG thread

edited September 2014 in General
anyone else play magic? i just got into it and i'm falling hard. i played my first prerelease this weekend, so much fun

Comments

• I have a commander deck...
  • .... no.... no.... I thought this addiction was forever in my past. Although I did just win a silent auction for 6522 Revised, 4th Edition, Fallen Empires, and Ice Age cards. Best 75 I apent. Face value of cards (all in excellent if not mint) is 7,880.00. Jesters Cap and Jesters Mask. Icy Manipulator, Demonic Tutor, Rock Hydra, Shivan Dragon, Dragon Whelp, Millstone, Seraph... just a few.
  • Nerd
    You know you love me!
  • are there any free online places for us to play?
  • ah, a fellow lover of dragons and hydras
  • stopped playing a couple months after planeswaker cards kicked in...
  • Btw if anyone is interested in playing for free find cockatrice and I know a active server. You will also have to find the sets and download them which can be a problem since Hasbro filed a legal suite on Cockatrice, but the community has kept the program alive. If anyone is interested I can search down the files probably?
  • Online MTG or the ACTUAL FUCKING GAME?
  • edited September 2014
    Online MTG or the ACTUAL FUCKING GAME?
    Yea online MTG unless you live in Tennessee then we can play some real games.

Cockatrice is a free software you can play the game and have access to all cards ever made. Most people use it to play test new decks before they drop cash into the real thing but it can be used for fun. MTGO sucks. I like real cards.

• i thought about getting cockatrice to play with some friends of mine in texas, i've been holding off because i'm still new to the game
  • whatever you do don't get MTGO unless you plan on spending a good amount of money for digital cards
  • I am a big fan of MTG and have placed decent on FNM and been in nationals before. Bloody and all...cockatrice is damn excellent tool to play with and test deck ideas!. I have played consistently in Standard format until recent set came out. If anyone wants to talk shop or compare ideas please feel free to shoot me a message
  • What do y'all think of the changes they will be making to standard in the next couple years? I thought their post on it was pretty well-written at least
  • I actually love the idea. Standard gets boring playing against the same decks over and over again. Once they start the new rotation we will get a new wave of decks every 2 sets instead of 3. Makes things more interesting. How about modern becoming a mini legacy now with all 10 fetches? Glad I already got them all, sad they dropped in price and I lost like $1000.
  • I still think fetch lands are over rated. My main deck is all bi or tri colored lamd, most of it gives me life.
  • I highly enjoy the game but I do not own my own deck currently...I just build decks from my friends leftover cards and sometimes beat them anyway and then they use the decks I make if it works good.
  • I still think fetch lands are over rated. My main deck is all bi or tri colored lamd, most of it gives me life.
    Theyre just overpowered when using shocks or orginal duel lands. So in standard they are weak but in modern and legacy they kick ass.
  • hey bloody..can you post a link to the cockatrice program and an oracle where i can download the sets of cards.. also an addy for a server where people can play..i lost mine about 6 months ago when my comp died...
  • http://www.woogerworks.com/

I haven't played in forever but I just downloaded the client. Seems the Oracle is included with it now and isn't a separate DL. You will have to make a woogerworks account to play on this server. This is the only server I know of atm so if you find a better one please share.
  • edited September 2014
    If you play on this server be sure to add me, account is bloodyoats
  • Sorry for spam posting but there is actually almost 1000 players on this server. Things have changed. Was only about 50 players last time I played.
  • Is Channel + Reflecting Mirror still banned? :-P
  • Not in freeform lol
  • Played in the pre release this weekend. Got 4th :(
  • awesome! much better than i did

whats the best card you got?