Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

MTG thread

Comments

• truly I had terrible packs, duneblast (which was the promo rare card for it) was amazing and so was bloodsoaked champion. Only two rares that were useable to me.
  • my buddy pulled a Sarkhan, i bout flipped the fucking table.

that weekend taught me about how much fun blue decks were, though
  • Wow, I havnt playwd magic in years. I had many many decks but a room mate stole them. Never played since. Favorite deck was my angel deck and dragon deck, annd my goblin deck.
  • My deck before it just ran out of standard was the Dragons Maze deck. stupidest deck ever that actually wins FNM's quite a bit lol.
  • Last one I bought was Urzas Saga & Destiny. (I'm old I know)
  • Saga is the best
  • I stopped playing on Odyssey block.

I used a fantastic white deck that didn't rely on health at all, but an early powerhouse of suntail hawks.
  • During those days I ran the typical mono black control in standard with mutilates, braids, coffers and mirari. In legacy I ran either white weenie with 14 plains and tons of one drops such as serra zealot, tundra wolf etc. Or I ran mono black control using sink hole, hymns, nantuko shades and all the other good stuff. Probably my favorite time in magic was the odyssey block.
  • i personally loved he myrodin block and shards
  • My first deck was a (at the time) standard shrieking affliction deck with 0 rares.
    Built it from friends cards they didn't care about.
    Basically, I figured, if I couldn't have and play good cards, i'd just make them discard so much they couldn't either :P
  • only reason I played black was to piss people off. Very few creatures, many many instances that stopped others from doing ANYTHING. I loved it.
  • thats like my blue deck
  • Sooo.... anyone wan't to play some MTG on cockatrice?
  • So I made an angel deck last weekend for the heck of it.
  • On cockatrice?
  • gonna check that link and give it a try
  • yeah, i dont think i trust those download files..
  • ok, got cock up and running...how do i load a deck and all?
  • Run the oracle program to get all the cards, just select all so you know you got everything. After that run cockatrice and click deck builder. You can type in card names and add them to you deck/sideboard etc. After that save it and create a woogerworks account. Then you can login and play people. Everything is manual though so I suggest making a game by yourself and learning the software. I wont have a chance to get on until tomorrow so I can run through some things and play games then if youre down.
  • now i just have to remember how to build a deck...

2/3 cards over lands i think
  • Depending on your man curve somewhere between 22~26. 26 being a control deck 22 being more aggro. If anything I find 24 land is average in a 60 card deck and will do in just about every deck to start with.
  • on a 60 card deck you should have about 24 land
  • It also depends on the type of cards you have in your deck as well. If you've got some biggies with a large mana consumption, you may wanna throw a few more mana for shits an giggles.
  • yeah, first i'll have to choose what i want my deck to do
  • edited September 2014
    lol, i'm having a hard time with that filter...

so far i manage to make it show only cards of one color, but couldnt rule out multicolor cards

edit. nvm, found out how
  • edited September 2014
    oh, i'll need some guidance on which cards and sets i'm allowed to use in a formal deck....

for example, i know black lotus is banned
    also those unhinged troll cards
  • edited September 2014
    btw, how do i check in which format my deck fits?

its already half way through, just need a couple creatures and fill in the land
  • funny thing, its in alphabetical order, i think all the cards i have start with letter A
  • i'll try to download this client when i have more time, school is kicking my ass right now
  • http://archive.wizards.com/Magic/magazine/article.aspx?x=judge/resources/banned

Heres what you can go by. Just pick a format to play and you can never use gold and silver border cards unless its freeform in which everything is legal.

I suggest legacy for the insane factor and full card pool.