Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The "I'm Running a WW Game" Thread

Comments

• I'll happily jump ahead if Ty doesn't fancy doing his yet
  • Prime for ww
  • Also take me off the perm ww player list and i won't host another
  • ^Same. These quickly devolved into not being fun.
  • Don't worry guys, mine will be awesome!
  • ill play primes but htats it for me
  • Mages has been inactive for a month, and Ty isn't up for hosting. Prime, put your signups up.
  • Mages and Ty still have shotgun on next two games. Tmonsta in the #3 spot. Rmag is in the #4 spot.

Get that OP updated Darub!
  • Will do when I get home unless a mod beats me to it.
  • Why is everyone quitting Ww? I think Dam's FF WW is fun, especially with so many people dying at any given night :)

A lot of bitching sure but thats the fun!
  • also, anyone running a WW from here on forth, just follow this simple rule:

K- Keep
    I - It
    S - Stupid
    S - Simple

Themes are awesome and lure more people into playing, just keep it based around simple WW rules. A few extras are always fun, just not a thousand secret weapons :P
  • I'll make mine if someone hosts it lol.
  • Host as in run it? I can do that Ty :)
  • Let's just have Prime go this time.
  • There were a pile of WWs this game, and they didn't do anything at all. I play cause people are active and talk... take away the talking and active and I dont see the point in playing.
  • Arson KISS was how I modeled my game (story and mechanics) but I enjoyed the town not knowing all the roles/number of baddies off the bat. But that way works too.
  • the sad thing is zeal if i ould of switched you and one person you would of loved the good guy team
  • There were a pile of WWs this game, and they didn't do anything at all. I play cause people are active and talk... take away the talking and active and I dont see the point in playing.
    Exactly...the point is interacting, checking what ppl say and using their words against them...much more fun this way....

Also, did any of bad guys team up?
  • Arson KISS was how I modeled my game (story and mechanics) but I enjoyed the town not knowing all the roles/number of baddies off the bat. But that way works too.
    I remember reading this is one of the alliance forums this round or round prior, just couldn't remember who to give credit for :)
  • Tyrsis was going for the solo win so I killed him.
  • edited March 2014
    I've been thinking about running one for a while. A simple Aussie themed game with kangaroos instead of werewolves perhaps.

I also had another idea based on the backpacker murders.

I would also make the rules more strict in an attempt to improve activity.

Any interest?
  • Throw your name on the list neg. I'll play either or both. Depending on tmonsta or rmagicians plans, you could be next. (Tmonsta hosted last game so he may want to take a break, rmag, I haven't seen around in a while, ty is busy and mages is mia)
  • I,ll ask for my name in the list as well...but only after i fix the bugs in my game...

No rush anyway...i plan on adding a HP system to a ww variation...
  • People, stop making it so difficult! Keep it simple stupid! The game is challenging enough!
  • Adding hp system is simple....each role will have different hp, and during daytime, the votes will translate into damage.

Thing is, you only know your own hp, so unless you spy on someoene, you wont know how many votes are needed to kill someone.

Imagine that someone has 6hp, gets 5 votes during day...he,ll pass the night with one hp, and if he survives, recover on daylight...that assuming no cataclysm goes into effect...

To compensate, moon phases change will work on favor of bad guys
  • Still thinking on the synergy effect...
  • edited March 2014
    i was going to require people to post every day phase or face an inactivity lynch. my plan was to give a longer day/night phase and define the time when phase is ending to be compensate for the activity requirement.
  • No @ unreliable. We had an HP game and everyone freaked out and it made it one day before the mod cancelled.
  • No @ unreliable. We had an HP game and everyone freaked out and it made it one day before the mod cancelled.
    I see...guess i,ll think on a non ww voting game...