Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Non-SK Thread

Comments

• Btw this was in the news a couple of days ago and it genuinely terrifies me that this was allowed to happen. How are human rights activists not screaming about this at,

http://news.sky.com/story/1176124/womans-baby-taken-from-womb-by-court-order
    Because the woman is crazy? If the baby is at risk, why is there anything wrong with this?

I worked with a lady who had a daughter that was addicted to crack. She had 4 kids. The lady I worked with took full custody of all four kids and her daughter isn't allowed to see them. The last one was born earlier this year, addicted to crack, and the lady I work with immediately got the child, it never saw it's mother.

That said, there is probably more to this story.
    Since when does bi-polar mean unable to raise a child? Also, the woman's relatives weren't consulted at all.

I find it very scary that a court can degree that someone be put under and have their child cut out with the defendent having absolutely no chance to protest the proceedings. That is a such a slippery slope
  • Since when does bi-polar mean unable to raise a child? Also, the woman's relatives weren't consulted at all.

I find it very scary that a court can degree that someone be put under and have their child cut out with the defendent having absolutely no chance to protest the proceedings. That is a such a slippery slope
    "That said, there is probably more to this story."

I'm not saying this is at all normal, but something more must have happened that caused such drastic action.
  • one thing I will never do is defend the court system and the steps it tries to take. Even though the US is about checks and balances the court system is pretty stand alone and goes against a lot of standards and has a lot more freedoms than most people think they do... and nobody can stand up to them really.

So probably more to the story, yea there probably is but even if theirs more to the story Its against human rights to force a surgery on someone like this. Soon a court could really decree when someone has the right to die or force a surgery that is against a belief or something.
  • one thing I will never do is defend the court system and the steps it tries to take. Even though the US is about checks and balances the court system is pretty stand alone and goes against a lot of standards and has a lot more freedoms than most people think they do... and nobody can stand up to them really.

So probably more to the story, yea there probably is but even if theirs more to the story Its against human rights to force a surgery on someone like this. Soon a court could really decree when someone has the right to die or force a surgery that is against a belief or something.
    while legal systems aren't perfect by any means, they still do more good than bad. In this instance I agree that this situation was definitely uncalled for and the court made a terrible decision.

The only situation where something like this would be acceptable is in Corey's example of the crack head mom or if the women was deemed mentally unfit, unstable, and is harmful to the unborn baby. Social services exists for the sole reason of making sure parents are "fit" to raise their children. Taking kids away from parents needs be allowed, regardless of age of the infant, cause we have alot of fucked up parents around but there definitely needs to be harsher requirements than suffering from bipolar disorder to do so.
  • It's more the point that the court has decreed that the parent is unfit before they've even had a chance to be a parent. How can people push a woman's right to do what she wants with her body but then do this? Scary shit
  • Yes I do agree there are called for times, unless the woman was dangerous i don't see how the woman should of lost the child. Let alone forced out of her womb what?
  • yeah this story is messed up!
  • Scary stuff there. Whats next, forced abortions?
    Kind of the opposite idea.
    Yeah come visit our country, your children will really love it here!

Yeah come visit our country, your children will really love it here!

Forced vaginal mutilation already goes down in Africa.

But I feel like I missed your joke.
  • Genital mutilation happens in america to
  • Genital mutilation happens at Dole's house
    WHAT?! SCANDAL!!!!!
  • Boom had to be known
  • Show me your genitals, your genitals, show me your genitals. GENITALIAAAA!
  • Lol dole why are you naked
  • Because I can't have sex with your college degree.

• I feel like I missed your joke.
    Joke? What a terrible thing to joke about. You have a twisted view on things.

• Because I can't have sex with your college degree.
    lol?
  • edited December 2013
    Because I can't have sex with your college degree.
    lol?
    Ok... it won't let me make the url a link but...

www.youtube.com/watch?v=qqXi8WmQ_WM
  • and I even checked game help to make sure I was linking it properly -_-
  • edited December 2013
    URL linking isn't the same in these forums.

try quoting this and copying my formatting.

Your link here (NSFW)
  • As Sci says. Also, if you want to show the video itself in these forums:

1. Go to the YouTube link.
    2. Click on "Share".
    3. Click on "Embed"
    4. Tick the "Use old embed code" box (Anyone surprised that we use the old code here?)
    5. Copy all the code in the above box.
    6. Paste it here.

Will come out as follows:

• edited December 2013
    The new embed code doesn't work because these forums don't allow iframes. For some very good reasons.

• I'm glad this allowed people to learn how to post youtube videos, also I hadn't watched that vid in a while.
  • @corynewb 8-2!!! my quarter share in season tickets netted me the seats to tonights game vs Colorado.. omg.... Hallsy got a hattrick, Dubnyk played good enough to hoist Lord Stanley, and our defensemen held their own upon a deadly Colorado offensive line...

my god, 8 Rexall beers later, I sleep... work is going to suck tomorrow but i dont give afuck
  • What a game! Glad you had fun!
  • Still mindblown. Haha youd think we won the cup by how the fans acted after the game.
  • That's a big W. Its a bummer how the season has gone for them.
  • Indeed, its good to see they have it in them. Perron was good, he battled hard every shift. We definitely fleeced the Blues on that trade.