Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Non-SK Thread

Comments

• Community Blog 3.0
  • Real monsters.
    :) I used to have an ahh real monsters sweatshirt when I was a kid.

#bossmode
    When my niece and nephew went by my parents they pulled out a bunch of kids books and one was a Ahh Real Monsters flip book from when I was a kid.

• Man, I loved that show, it was kinda scary when I was little though
  • I used to watch nick all the time in the 90s but ive never heard of this show. Even had to look it up on wikipedia. Very strange I remember all the other shows like roccos modern life and the angry beavers and hey arnold. Not that one though :(
  • Hey arnold was clutch.
  • 80's cartoons and shows > 90's cartoons and shows (Mostly)

There, I said it. :p
  • edited November 2013
    They had tv back in the 80s? AMAZING!

• edited November 2013

Yes.

You kids with your "iPads" and "Social Media" will never understand how hard life was for us. :(
  • Wow! What are those circle thingies on the side of it?

Yes.

You kids with your "iPads" and "Social Media" will never understand how hard life was for us. :(

Yes.

Yes.

Back when you could beat things to get them to work.

Yes.

i can think of alot of things that work better after you beat them
    I really don't remember, lol (Was probably like 5 years old when we replaced it with one of those big, heavy, flashy, cool, expensive TV's with a bulky remote that was all the rage then). I think, if memory serves me right, that they were for selecting channels and adjusting the volume.
    Some things never change though. :p
  • The big round ones were for changing channels. We never touched volume, whatever it was set on was what it stayed.
    I really don't remember, lol (Was probably like 5 years old when we replaced it with one of those big, heavy, flashy, cool, expensive TV's with a bulky remote that was all the rage then). I think, if memory serves me right, that they were for selecting channels and adjusting the volume.
    Some things never change though. :p
    Yeah I remember the early 90s...was just trying to make you feel old. We had a tv with knobs that would go to static til you smacked the side of it lol. And I was the remote since I sat closest to the tv. Then we got a satellite dish back when they first came out, it had a whole 40 channels-That was a mind bending experience.

• edited November 2013
    ^

All the kids at school would be like: "Wow, you got Satellite? You must be rich!"
    Me: "Er, yeah. Sure, why not!"

Also, my bro still had one of those TV's till the end of last year. You'd hear him smacking it all the time because the picture would disappear. Sad git. :)

Yes.

I remember watching three stooges on a tv similar to this when I was a kid.
  • i think my grandparents had one of those
  • My grandpa had one in his bedroom. He'd watch soccer on it all day. He never had to smack it, tho. O.o
  • You only smacked the bastards when your antenna signal went all screwy.
  • I treated mine with love and respect. I caught the bastard cheating on me letting others watch it.
  • Remember turning it to channel 3 to play your Nintendo?
  • You could switch the button on the back and play on channel 4.
  • edited November 2013
    Lol, that does make a little sense even though its in the wrong thread...

Zeal for Mayor