Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Non-SK Thread

Comments

• Lol, that does make a little sense even though its in the wrong thread..
    Zeal for Mayor
    Im dead, cant poast ;)
  • Remember turning it to channel 3 to play your Nintendo?
    I remember changing it to channel "0" or "6" for some reason to play games or watch VHS cassettes (Oh God, that makes me feel old, lol).

Also, there's still that huge TV antenna we still have in the attic as a reminder of these times, haha.
  • oh god yes i remember that....it makes me feel old that kids growing up never had to do that or use an adapter to hook up to the tv.
  • Remember turning it to channel 3 to play your Nintendo?
    I remember changing it to channel "0" or "6" for some reason to play games or watch VHS cassettes (Oh God, that makes me feel old, lol).

Also, there's still that huge TV antenna we still have in the attic as a reminder of these times, haha.
    Must have been some weird british tv

• Yes! All those adaptors everywhere! Lol.

And British Televisions are the best!
  • So I used a karaoke machine that shows the notes you are supposed to hit and apparently my falsetto is perfect.
  • Catching fire was great
  • I want that machine.
    I haven't seen that or Ender's Game. I want both now!
    I haven't seen that or Ender's Game. I want both now!
  • Both were great
  • So I used a karaoke machine that shows the notes you are supposed to hit and apparently my falsetto is perfect.
    It lied
  • Nah, I just either have to sing an octave lower or an octave higher, my regular singing voice is very sporadic.
  • I r want more walking dead

spoiler spoiler spoiler

jk lolololololololol
  • DON'T DO IT I WATCH THE 2 AM SHOWING

omg can't wait

Yes.

You kids with your "iPads" and "Social Media" will never understand how hard life was for us. :(
    Back when you could beat things to get them to work.

Like on a southern cotton plantation, circa 1840.
  • Walking dead wuz good....but bad
  • You could switch the button on the back and play on channel 4.

Yes.

You kids with your "iPads" and "Social Media" will never understand how hard life was for us. :(
    Back when you could beat things to get them to work.

Like on a southern cotton plantation, circa 1840.
    yessss lol
  • Lol

And Dogtown, I'd swear my heart stopped as I thought you had ruined the mid-season finale for me. :(
  • Listening to:

Re: Your Brains by Jonathan Coulton

How the hell have I never heard this before this past halloween!? Great song. I miss the "Post the song you are listening to" thread.
  • ^wise words!

Also @Qwjizzfill, reading that goddamn Garden of the Moons book cause you and others ramble on about it so much. Nb so far.
  • edited December 2013
    I might have to get onto this garden of the moons

a song of ice and fire is too hip now for me to finish reading that
  • Plus the books take forever to come out.
  • Plus in pretty sure the author is a pedophile. The show is better because it doesn't involve kids having sex and getting married.
  • Plus in pretty sure the author is a pedophile. The show is better because it doesn't involve kids having sex and getting married.
    To be fair, that's an accurate representation of the history that the series parallels. I've really enjoyed the books so far but I think the show is epic. Close enough to the books to be awesome, different enough so that there is still some WTF moments for me to enjoy!
  • Btw this was in the news a couple of days ago and it genuinely terrifies me that this was allowed to happen. How are human rights activists not screaming about this at,

http://news.sky.com/story/1176124/womans-baby-taken-from-womb-by-court-order
    To be fair, that's an accurate representation of the history that the series parallels. I've really enjoyed the books so far but I think the show is epic. Close enough to the books to be awesome, different enough so that there is still some WTF moments for me to enjoy!
    True. But the show also has Danarious played by somebody in their early twenties, not their early....10s....So in my mind Show > Books.

(I have a daughter, I don't like all the rape/forced marriages of children)
  • Btw this was in the news a couple of days ago and it genuinely terrifies me that this was allowed to happen. How are human rights activists not screaming about this at,

http://news.sky.com/story/1176124/womans-baby-taken-from-womb-by-court-order
    Because the woman is crazy? If the baby is at risk, why is there anything wrong with this?

I worked with a lady who had a daughter that was addicted to crack. She had 4 kids. The lady I worked with took full custody of all four kids and her daughter isn't allowed to see them. The last one was born earlier this year, addicted to crack, and the lady I work with immediately got the child, it never saw it's mother.

That said, there is probably more to this story.