Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Pixel Dungeon

Comments

• Yea i know, early in one game i managed to kill one by setting it on fire and running away while it burned to death chasing after me XD But now i just leave the room and go back later
  • edited November 2013
    Fuck this stupid game. I fucking hate it.

I am like Michael Cera from Superbad when he was about to start crying over the video game because he couldn't beat it
  • You can't put it down though.
  • Did u die yet darubian?
  • I die a lot
  • I've only made it to level 4
  • I make it to level 3, run in to starvation issues, get genked by a crab then die. I seem to do best with the mage....I think I hate it now.
  • Just made it to 11 and died again
  • edited November 2013
    So I'm on level 11, best batch I've mustered so far.

+4 Battle Axe
    +1 Chain mail
    +2 Ring of Cleansing

food and health potions, and I just cleaned a ring, haven't found out what it does yet though.

I'm paying as the warrior.
  • I have finally beaten the third boss. I'm on level 16 now. This unlocks the new class huntress, so I'll pay this out until I die and see what's up with her.
  • How are you nerds making it this far in the game i have only got to level 4.
  • I've died 3 times against the boss on level 10 due to starvation and lack of health potions to see me through the fight :( When i fail to get that far it's normally because i died on level 3 after being mobbed by wraiths and/or sewer crabs from all angles...
  • Don't feel bad Dogtown. I've only made it to level 3 a few times.
  • I just never have enough food/health potions to level or explore. Am I doing something wrong?
  • This game is not easy, if you make it to level 6 be happy you got there because even that is a challenge. Here are a few tips.

Read scrolls at the start of a dungeon and only if you have something to identify or upgrade
    Drink potions over water
    Kite enemies through doors -surprise attacks deal more damage
    Save food for as long as possible
    throw arrows at traps
    Cook mystery meet on fire traps before you eat it

I how that helps a bit. Let me know if you have other questions.
  • Cook mystery meet on fire traps before you eat it

Did not know you could do that. Thanks!
  • edited November 2013
    It is useful as hell, burns any negative effect off.
  • Oh and the brown seeds are awesome defense, so plant it and stand on it. Save it for bosses and higher levels though. Also be sure to buy the bags, and never buy more than one ankh
  • Doesn't tell us what the items actually were :P

Tip: You can changed your ranged weapon by pressing and holding on the new one in your inventory. You can also do this to swap your darts for a wand, which saves the hassle of going into your inventory everytime to use one.
  • Crimson potion seems to make you invisible to monsters but I died of a trap anyways :(. this game is addicting yet slightly frustrating. 4 wraiths at once wtf!
  • Doesn't tell us what the items actually were :P

Tip: You can changed your ranged weapon by pressing and holding on the new one in your inventory. You can also do this to swap your darts for a wand, which saves the hassle of going into your inventory everytime to use one.
    Ah, but I choose to keep the darts to trigger traps.

It was a +4 Battle Axe
    +2 Chainmail
    +2 Ring of Cleansing ( removes status effects)
    The other ring was crap
    That purple staff did poison dmg it was great for the lower levels.
    The wands were fire, regrowth and teleportation.
    Fire and regrowth are great combos btw, regrowth plants shrubbery and it is non combative, and fire burns it back down.
    The Ankh is the gold thing, it gives you an extra life. The bag was for seeds to save space.

Arson, the potions effect changes each time. Crimson may say you on fire next time so always test your potions in water. Nice to see you again btw.
  • Made it to lvl 6. Got a venomous mace early and a +3 mail on lvl2 so things have gone well. Found the shop so I'm going to take your advice on what to buy.

Warrior is pretty beat if you get some lucky drops
  • I have a great game going atm by lvl 3 I was 1 hitting crabs. 2 str pots, 2 sword upgrades and a forge on it. I ham ha monsta.
  • I beat the ooze I beat the ooze. What do I do what do I do?
  • Time to shop
  • I have yet to forge
  • I beat the ooze I beat the ooze. What do I do what do I do?
    Yeah buddy. He was annoying. This game is fun when you get lucky. Otherwise its rape.
  • What a fun ride! Made it to level 11 and fell to a vampire bat. My dude was level 8. Just not enough money to go around. Those stupid wraiths didn't die to my +4 venomous wraith, so I lost a ton of gold and used my anhk on level 7 or 8. What is with those dumb wraiths?!