Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hungry Like The Wolf: Take 2 - Villagers Win Again

edited October 2013 in General
Werewolf

Werewolf takes place in a turn basis. One night turn followed by a day turn. Every player with a nighttime role makes their move during the night period by messaging the narrator, and then joins all of the other players, known as villagers, in selecting a player to burn at the stake during the day period.

Setting:
A small villages lies peacefully in the countryside, bordered on the west by a dark and wild wood; everyone in the village has their jobs and the community lives happily. However, one dark and stormy night, two poachers went out hunting and encountered something that forever changed the course of life in the village and now threatens its very existence. That night they were both attacked and bitten by a red-eyed creature they recognized as the legendary loup-garou. They managed to ward off the beast after a struggle, but their doom was already upon them. As they made their way back to the village, they could feel the disease growing inside them. Desperately, they agreed to conceal their aliment, for the legends tell of the fate of those bitten by the creature: death by fire. However, the newly born wolves left signs of their change, alerting the villagers to their presence.

We all live in this village and among us are the two werewolves. The villagers must seek out these creatures and kill them before the wolves kill every inhabitant of the village.

Roles:

The Wolves
There are two werewolves hidden among the people of the village. The wolves have the power to kill one person every night. Each wolf also has one chance bite another player and infect him with lycanthropy. On a bite-night the Wolves cannot not make a kill; wolves also cannot choose to bite on the same night. Anyone bitten by a wolf retains any powers of their previous role, but now uses those powers for the forces of evil.

The Witch
Villagers, of course, hate witches as much as they do werewolves. Thus, the Witch wishes to ally herself with the wolves, knowing that if they win, then she won’t have to worry about being burned at the stake. However, the witch doesn't know who the wolves are yet. Once per night, the Witch may stare into her crystal ball, and see another person’s role. The witch also has the ability to create a special poison, which must be carefully tailored to its victim. If the witch can successfully match the name of a player to that player’s role (not villager) then the witch can administer her foul brew and kill that player. However, if the witch guesses incorrectly, then she herself is publicly revealed in the morning. The witch can only use one power per night.

The Hunter
The Hunter is a vigilante out to cleanse his village of the werewolf threat. During the night, the Hunter may choose one person to kill.

The Detective
The Detective was once the village librarian, but long nights of reading Sherlock Holmes have convinced him that he is the only person capable of ferreting out clues on who the hidden wolves may be. The Detective can see the role of one person every night.

The Priest
The priest is in possession of a sacred item which repels the evil werewolves. He may choose one person per night to protect with this item. If the priest is converted by the wolves, his item will repel the hunter.

The Thief
The Thief is a sneaky chap who can rob a man blind… Or in this case, steal his role away and assume it as his own. The Thief only has 1 chance to steal another person’s role. He may choose to execute this power any night in the game. If the Thief tries to steal from a werewolf, he will die instantly, but the wolf will be revealed to the Mayor.

The Twilight Fan
The Twilight Fan wanders the night, desperately seeking to join the werewolf pack. The twilight Fan will choose one person to follow each night. All night time players (not wanting to hear a 12 hour monologue about how hot Jacob is) will flee if followed, abandoning their target.

The Inventor
The Inventor is an eccentric old man dismissed as a fool by most of the villagers, but he might hold the key to the defeat of the wolves inside his cluttered workshop. The inventor is allowed to create one device per night. These devices, when used, will grant powers that must be different from any town power in the game. Each device must be different. Due to his age and fragility, the Inventor is not able to use his devices himself; he must give them to other players, who may choose to use them on the following night.
-Moderator’s note: I encourage the Inventor to be creative; however, no instantly game-ending devices will be allowed.

The Mayor
The Mayor is elected by the townspeople on the first day, and a new Mayor is elected every subsequent day as well. During the day, the Mayor has 2 votes in case of a tie. During the night, the Mayor has the bonus ability to spy on one person of his choosing.
He will be given information in the following format:
So-and-So visited What’s-his-name.
Or
So-and-So stayed home tonight.
Because the Mayor is elected openly by the Townsmen, he may also have any other role in the game.

Mechanics/Rules
All roles are assigned randomly.
Day will typically be 48 hours. (Day one will be slightly shorter, to put the rotation at a slightly better time for myself.)
Night will be 24 hours.
Players may all speak during the day.
At night, players must be silent.
Players who do not speak during daytime on two consecutive days will be mod-killed, regardless of role or alignment.
All votes must be bolded to be counted.
Please use PF names in official votes, this can be confusing otherwise.
Note on lynching: No-lynching is possible. If there are no votes on any players, or if there is a tie which the mayor’s vote cannot resolve, no player will be lynched that day.
Editing of posts is forbidden.

Player List:
aero
CoryNewb
Damdred
Darubian
DivineWind_United
Dogtown
FLAMES
Flazer
GagazetSK
Ghosted
jesterawx
k2sk
Mages
nimrod
Phantom
RapeISfunny
Scientology
Shining
SkyDragonX
TMonsta
WallsOfFire
Zeality

Comments

• edited October 2013
    --Day has started--
    Day will last roughly 46 hours.
    Please re-read rules. Wolves, witch, and hunter have received buffs.
  • Ha ha, j/k Ghosted. Btw, he apologized. I vote Ghosted for Mayor because I believe in redemption and all that.
  • Ghosted for Mayor
  • Ghosted for Mayor then.
  • edited October 2013
    me for mayor, that super dick Flazer for lynch
  • edited October 2013
    Ghosted for Mayor, Flazer for lynch
  • Dogtown is an honest guy...
    dogtown for mayor
  • edited October 2013
    Why would you trust a fool for a mayor? Is this town full of idiots or what

I vote me, myself, and Flazer for mayor because I have the common decency to not elect stupidity
  • edited October 2013
    I vote for flazer because he wanted me dead last round and is probably evil this round.

Also, ghosted for mayor.

Last round you called us faggots, now we are idiots.
  • I called people who vote for an evil person faggots, I call people who vote for an idiot an idiot

and you are just a super idiot
  • edited October 2013
    Flazer is a villager so he is trying to get lynched. Keep him alive and make him suffer.
  • ^^^^^^WW both of them
  • and you are just a super idiot
    Says the guy that can't even bold properly.

@ghosted only one way to find out. Let's split one open.
  • Flazer for mayor I like your style bro, show us whats up

lynching: TBD
  • Flazer obviously has a distaste for us villagers. But he wants to be Mayor and lead us. I think Flazer is a WITCH! He wants Mayor to try and find out who the WWs are so he can side with them since we're all idiots!

Ghosted for Mayor. Flazer for lynch.

• Ghosted for Mayor. Flazer for lynch.
  • Someone run a smear campaign for me on ghosted and get me elected.

Dogtown for mayor!

remember this when you go to the polls;

I didn't ruin last game.
  • Seems like the popular vote...

Ghosted for Mayor

Going to wait a bit longer before deciding on a Lynch...
  • Seems like the popular vote...

Ghosted for Mayor

Going to wait a bit longer before deciding on a Lynch...
    nah brah, you need to go against the grind! Flaz for mayor! Those Asians are something else
  • k2 mayor, lynch walls!
  • Flazer is already dead by popular vote is he not?

Ghosted for mayor, flaznoob for lynch.
  • ghosted for mayor
  • With nothing to go on why do we vote lynch on day one? Shouldn't we let some of the roles do their part before lynching someone who could possibly have a good role?

thanks to the witch revealing roles is now risky wolfs have ability to make 2 more wolves that could potentially have even better abilities.

We should openly discuss what the roles should do rather than blindly shooting in the dark.

lets not forget inventor role is our wild card so we should also be putting our heads together fir ideas to tip the scales in our favor.

• Ghosted for Mayor, lynch Flazer

• Just remember who got salty and started the lynching and the train :-p
  • With nothing to go on why do we vote lynch on day one? Shouldn't we let some of the roles do their part before lynching someone who could possibly have a good role?

thanks to the witch revealing roles is now risky wolfs have ability to make 2 more wolves that could potentially have even better abilities.

We should openly discuss what the roles should do rather than blindly shooting in the dark.

lets not forget inventor role is our wild card so we should also be putting our heads together fir ideas to tip the scales in our favor.

That was brought up in round 1. And I supported it. But when I thought about it, we used to play that there was a night prior to playing and usually 2-3 people died before a voting session even happened. If we do a night first, were wolves and vigilante would pick off random people and their game is over. I guess it is a matter of mod preference. But this way, everyone at least gets a chance to partake in daily activity and preform their roles once. Well, except the person who gets lynched day 1.
  • edited October 2013
    ....yea....
  • me for mayor, that super dick Flazer for lynch
    Ghosted for Mayor, Flazer for lynch
    I vote for flazer because he wanted me dead last round and is probably evil this round.

Also, ghosted for mayor.

Last round you called us faggots, now we are idiots.
    These 3 should be investigated tonight.
  • i'm always a fan of first day let slide and just elect a mayor its always safer and it really does give the village a better chance overall....

• edited October 2013
    Kind of why I only voted for mayor... but hey deaths are always fun as long as the villagers win! Like last round, we killed an innocent and frightened the wolves into revealing themselves with our unabated blood lust!